• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other Question] Dumb Question Regarding Elite Battle System

Years
    Hello! I have been using the Elite Battle System for a while now but never really loved the HP depleting animation. Upon further searching, I located the original videos from Luka.

I was just curious if the animation could be made to look like they do in the short videos he has on his page. I want to slow down the animation speed. I have made a crappy video side-by-side comparison of the two animations i am talking about. The left is Lukas video and the right is mine.

Thank you!

-Mikami

View attachment Elite Battle System.mp4

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
    Years
    Looking for hp bars inside EBS script (maybe in Scene or UI script) and check where are color(0,0,0,0) or (0,0,0) and change to red tone.

Years
    Thank you for the fast reply!

I have been searching though all the scripts for the correct values to change for the color. I'll keep looking but my main concern was the health dropping speed. In the sample videos the health drops down smoothly; you can see all the frames involved. Mine on the other hand drops rapidly, skipping over the lowering health animation fast in a choppy manner. I again don't know if there truly is a fix for this but if there was i wanted to know.

Thank you!

-Mikami

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
    Years

I have been searching though all the scripts for the correct values to change for the color. I'll keep looking but my main concern was the health dropping speed. In the sample videos the health drops down smoothly; you can see all the frames involved. Mine on the other hand drops rapidly, skipping over the lowering health animation fast in a choppy manner. I again don't know if there truly is a fix for this but if there was i wanted to know.

Thank you!

-Mikami

Here for the color:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
    Years

Thank you!

-Mikami

If you find a fix, I'd love this as well.

Poq

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2021
    In the EBS UI script, you want to look for "def update" code for the battle boxes. Depending on which UI you're using you'll find it in one of these sections:

Spoiler:

In either case, the bits of code you'll want to play with to adjust how the health bar drops is the @currenthp self-assignment operations (+= or -=).

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
    Years
    In the EBS UI script, you want to look for "def update" code for the battle boxes. Depending on which UI you're using you'll find it in one of these sections:

Spoiler:

In either case, the bits of code you'll want to play with to adjust how the health bar drops is the @currenthp self-assignment operations (+= or -=).

>10.0 will be more slow; <10.0 will be more fast.

Poq

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2021
    >10.0 will be more slow; <10.0 will be more fast.
    Absolutely, but you could also change it to a constant of some sort, like a certain number of points to increment per update or to a percentage of the battler's total hp.

Years
    Omg! This is fantastic! It finally is slowed down! Thank you so much!!

Now i just have to figure out why the game begins to lag so hard during battle.

Last edited:

Juno and Ice

Developer of Pokémon Floral Tempus
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2024
    Absolutely, but you could also change it to a constant of some sort, like a certain number of points to increment per update or to a percentage of the battler's total hp.

Could you go in depth on what you mean by this?

Also is there a way to make the hp bar animation as smooth as @TheMexicanSpider showed in their video?

Last edited:

Juno and Ice

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2024
    Check this post.
    Change "10.0" to "50.0" and will be more smooth.

The problem is that it's just slower but the HP bar doesn't move smoothly.

Not as smooth as this gif:

Dumb Question Regarding Elite Battle System

or this gif:

My game is more like this:

https://gfycat.com/alarmingillirishdraughthorse

So if anyone knows of a way to make the HP bar function the way it does in the first two gifs it would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2021

or this gif:

So if anyone knows of a way to make the HP bar function the way it does in the first two gifs it would be greatly appreciated!

Same problem here, also, is there any way it won't slow down that much? In double battles it is crazy.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
    I only have my machines to test my scripts out on. If your machine cannot handle text rendering in RMXP, you're going to get performance drops. That said, the UI could do with more optimization, which I've already adjusted for the next iteration of EBS. It'll be released when it's ready (before anyone asks).

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2021
    Hey WolfPP and Luka S.J, I'm creating a Pokemon Game and i just downloaded the Luka SJ's EBS (Elite Battle System). I cannot seem to find how to slow down the depletion rate of the health bar. The newest download only came with on giant zip file with everything I need and 1 script for the EBS. I also had to download the Scripting Utilities as well for the battle scenes to run. Any ideas where i can find the hp bar code? All other answers i've found I either don't have or are not there to change.

I do have a RPGXP file that gets ran by a script in the EBS but I cannot open it. Thought i'd add on.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2021

or this gif:

Remove self.refresh from code, and hpbar become smooth

def update
    # updates the HP increase/decrease animation
    if @animatingHP
    if @currenthp < @endhp
    @currenthp += (@endhp - @currenthp)/10.0
    @currenthp = @currenthp.ceil
    @currenthp = @endhp if @currenthp > @endhp
    elsif @currenthp > @endhp
    @currenthp -= (@currenthp - @endhp)/10.0
    @currenthp = @currenthp.floor
    @currenthp = @endhp if @currenthp < @endhp
    end
    #self.refresh
    @animatingHP = false if @currenthp==@endhp
    end

Juno and Ice

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2024
    Remove self.refresh from code, and hpbar become smooth

def update
    # updates the HP increase/decrease animation
    if @animatingHP
    if @currenthp < @endhp
    @currenthp += (@endhp - @currenthp)/10.0
    @currenthp = @currenthp.ceil
    @currenthp = @endhp if @currenthp > @endhp
    elsif @currenthp > @endhp
    @currenthp -= (@currenthp - @endhp)/10.0
    @currenthp = @currenthp.floor
    @currenthp = @endhp if @currenthp < @endhp
    end
    #self.refresh
    @animatingHP = false if @currenthp==@endhp
    end

Thanks but now it just instantly goes to the HP after an attack as opposed to smoothly moving down.

Back