• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Film Dune (2021)

Years
  • At long last, the much overdue adaptation of Dune is here! Released a few days ago, I don't know about you but I've heard nothing but good reviews for it so far! I'm planning on seeing it soon, anyone else planning on doing the same or have been lucky enough to see it already????

Remember to keep stuff in spoiler tags where necessary!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I saw it a few weeks ago. Seems it released earlier here then?

It was a great experience tbh. I went in blind - the only thing I knew was that it was in the future and there was something called Sand Worms.

I won't go into talk about the story, so you can make your own judgment on that when you've seen it, but the mood omg the atmosphere of the whole film. They've managed to create something that truly feels like it takes place some 20-30 000 years into our future, in a world where humans have evolved further into various branches, and where "thinking machines" aka computers (as they were envisioned in the 60s) have been banned for millennia. The setting feels truly alien and mysterious, compounded by the magnificent soundtrack by Hans Zimmer.

It's a film worth watching in a good cinema, regardless of if the plot enthralls you or not. There's also eye-candy Oscar Isaac if you're into that :fufu:

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • I saw it tonight! I've read some of the book stuff but it's been ages. I really really liked it, and not just because they cast Timothee Chalamet and Oscar Isaac 😳😳😳🥺🥺 I love that it was really slow paced and took time to do a lot of worldbuilding, because the setting of Dune is super fantastic. Unlike most movies that get split into multiple parts, Dune actually feels like it deserves it instead of having tons of filler.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • Also I have to share this meme from my twitter feed

Dune (2021)

Back