• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Duraludon before first gym?

pokefan41

RMXP Game Developer
Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2023
    Hello everyone. I've decided to do a montotype Dragon Run in Pokemon Shield. I was planning out my team and was upset to find I can only get Duraludon near the very end of the game. Well, I spent about 3 to 4 hours in the Wild area before the first gym, and I caught 10 through max raid battles. I was surprised and confused. How was that possible? Did I miss something, or did some reshuffling occur in a recent pokemon update?

And before you ask, I recorded it, so I have the video to prove it if anyone thinks otherwise.

pokefan41

RMXP Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2023
    I am aware of the G-MAX event, but I thought that was exclusive to Sword. I want to remind you I'm playing Shield and of all the Duraludon's I caught before the first gym, not one of them was G-max. I must've picked the perfect time to do a Dragon Run then, because I wasn't expecting to be able to get Duraludon until so late in the game it wasn't worth the effort.

I wonder if perhaps they made Duraludon more common in raids in both games but made G-max more common in sword than shield.

Back