• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script: Dynamax [DBK Add-On] [v21.1]

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Dynamax for v21.1
    Fully implements the Dynamax mechanic from Sword & Shield into Essentials!
    lUFDn97.gif
    DqQRusF.gif

Overview
    This plugin adds the Dynamax mechanic introduced in Pokemon Sword & Shield to your game. All mechanics have been replicated here, including support for unique Gigantamax forms and Eternamax Eternatus. All Max Moves and G-Max Moves are included, as well as items to increase your Pokemon's Dynamax level or to grant them G-Max Factor. This plugin also fully utilizes the Deluxe Battle Kit's mid-battle scripting, allowing you to set up scripted scenarios related to Dynamax.

-DOWNLOAD LINK-

Installation
    • First, please install the latest version of the Deluxe Battle Kit. This plugin functions as an add-on to that kit.
    • Next, download this plugin using the link provided and extract its contents to your root Essentials folder so that the Audio, Graphics, PBS and Plugins folders in the download merge with their equivalent folders in your project.
    • Start your game in debug mode and make sure you recompile by holding down the CTRL key while the game is booting up. If the console says "Game data was not compiled", then you didn't hold down the key long enough, or don't have the game window in focus.
    • IMPORTANT: This plugin adds all G-Max forms as numbered forms for their respective species. For example, G-Max Charizard is added as form 3 by this plugin. If you have existing custom forms that overlap with a G-Max form added by this plugin, you may have to renumber these. Remember that you'll also have to renumber all the sprites for these forms, as well as its cry file.

Changelog (v1.0.4)
    Spoiler:

Plugin Tutorial
    Please refer to the add-on page for this plugin in the Deluxe Battle Kit Tutorial.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Minor Update (v1.0.1)
    • Fixed an error that would occur when editing Dynamax metrics on a species that does not have a shadow sprite.
    • Fixed Dynamax HP calculations on wild Pokemon with boosted HP.
    • Compressed the audio files for all Gigantamax cries, as they were large enough to cause lag before.
    • Added missing cry file for Eternamax Eternatus.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Minor Update (v1.0.2)
    • Fixed an issue that would prevent a battler from updating their ability after Dynamax.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Minor Update (v1.0.3)
    • Fixed an error that could occur when attempting to Dynamax species that are evolutions of regional forms.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    When my Alolan Geodude with Galvanize ability use Max Strike this happens.
    Exception: NameError
    Message: undefined local variable or method `maxhash' for #<Battle::DynamaxMove::LowerTargetSideSpeed1>

Backtrace:
    [[DBK] Dynamax] [013] Battle_Move.rb:117:in `convert_dynamax_move'
    [[DBK] Dynamax] [012] Battle_Battler.rb:90:in `pbUseMove'
    [[DBK] Z-Power] [003] Battle_Misc.rb:183:in `pbUseMove'
    [Deluxe Battle Kit] [001] Animation Utilities.rb:188:in `block in pbProcessTurn'
    PBDebug:6:in `logonerr'
    [Deluxe Battle Kit] [001] Animation Utilities.rb:188:in `pbProcessTurn'
    Battle_AttackPhase:128:in `block (2 levels) in pbAttackPhaseMoves'
    Battle_AttackPhase:124:in `each'
    Battle_AttackPhase:124:in `block in pbAttackPhaseMoves'
    Battle_AttackPhase:110:in `loop'

Edit: An easy fix. Changing maxhash to dynahash can solve it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    When my Alolan Geodude with Galvanize ability use Max Strike this happens.
    Exception: NameError
    Message: undefined local variable or method `maxhash' for #<Battle::DynamaxMove::LowerTargetSideSpeed1>

Backtrace:
    [[DBK] Dynamax] [013] Battle_Move.rb:117:in `convert_dynamax_move'
    [[DBK] Dynamax] [012] Battle_Battler.rb:90:in `pbUseMove'
    [[DBK] Z-Power] [003] Battle_Misc.rb:183:in `pbUseMove'
    [Deluxe Battle Kit] [001] Animation Utilities.rb:188:in `block in pbProcessTurn'
    PBDebug:6:in `logonerr'
    [Deluxe Battle Kit] [001] Animation Utilities.rb:188:in `pbProcessTurn'
    Battle_AttackPhase:128:in `block (2 levels) in pbAttackPhaseMoves'
    Battle_AttackPhase:124:in `each'
    Battle_AttackPhase:124:in `block in pbAttackPhaseMoves'
    Battle_AttackPhase:110:in `loop'

Edit: An easy fix. Changing maxhash to dynahash can solve it.
    Fixed the typo in the download.

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    After using dynamax, my pokemon can't revert to normal form..

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    You probably have some other conflicting plugin, then.
    I have figured out....
    In my case, Dynamax can be turn to normal mode after 3 or more turns in battle by default from plugins...
    I have test it in debug mode switch on "Dynamax in Wild Area and All Maps", and I have Pikachu lv. 20 against Rattata lv.5.
    After Rattata defeated by one hit Pikachu Dynamax mode and Trainer just have 2 pokemon in their party defeated by two turn, my pikachu can't reverted to normal mode.
    if my pikachu just can be reverted after 3 turn dynamax mode.
    and from all plugins I have and I'm using, everything fine without causing error to Dynamax plugin, I guess.

Days
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    Hello, I'm trying to make an event to fight a gmax charizard but when it enters combat it doesn't change its form.

1711970123390.png

Days
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    Well first of all, it needs G-Max Factor to Gigantamax. Second of all, you're setting your midbattle script *after* your battle has ended for some reason.
    How do I give the g-max factor to the rival pokemon? (it's a wild pokemon)

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I have figured out....
    In my case, Dynamax can be turn to normal mode after 3 or more turns in battle by default from plugins...
    I have test it in debug mode switch on "Dynamax in Wild Area and All Maps", and I have Pikachu lv. 20 against Rattata lv.5.
    After Rattata defeated by one hit Pikachu Dynamax mode and Trainer just have 2 pokemon in their party defeated by two turn, my pikachu can't reverted to normal mode.
    if my pikachu just can be reverted after 3 turn dynamax mode.
    and from all plugins I have and I'm using, everything fine without causing error to Dynamax plugin, I guess.
    Like I said, if a Pokemon isn't returning to normal after Dynamax ends, then you must have some other plugin installed that conflicts with Dynamax. Because Dynamax always reverts properly after 3 turns, at the end of every battle, or when the Dynamax Pokemon faints or switches out.

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Like I said, if a Pokemon isn't returning to normal after Dynamax ends, then you must have some other plugin installed that conflicts with Dynamax. Because Dynamax always reverts properly after 3 turns, at the end of every battle, or when the Dynamax Pokemon faints or switches out.
    Makes a sense
    Thank you for help

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Minor Update (v1.0.4)
    • Fixed a typo that would cause a crash if a Max Move was used that is being converted into a different type by an effect.
    • Fixed a typo that would cause a crash if a Pokemon was forced to Struggle.
    • Removed Relic Castle link from the meta file.

Back