• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • Does anyone here use their E-mail for stuff much anymore? Maybe this is just me, but it's been quite a while since I've last heard someone say, 'if you want to contact me, just send me an e-mail!' or something like that, haha. Still though, if you do use your e-mail, what do you use it for? If not, why not? o:

For example, I only use E-mail to contact my professor if I'm going to be away from class. ;; Other than that, not much else other than finding new job offers and all that other stuff. :3

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I don't use e-mail for communication unless it's to a professor or whoever. It's mostly for registering/activating accounts and the occasional weekly ad for wherever I shop. Using e-mails solely for contacting a friend feels like such a weird concept with all these other messenger apps and such. :(

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Yeah, if it's a professor, or from my job, then I use email. However it's mostly the former though. My email is used for getting coupons from the stores I frequently go to like Petco or Best Buy, as well as getting notifications from forums telling me I got a PM or a friend request.

In terms of actual communication, that concept is obsolete in this decade.

Lexa

My maturity level depends on who I'm with. ;D
    Years
  • I use my e-mail quite a bit now that I really think about it.
    I use it mainly for job searching, activating/deactivating accounts and store coupons.

Years
  • Despite having a lot of email accounts, I only really write emails for professional reasons (aka to my professors and/or others at my college). I also look at emails for various promotional events and sales as well. I also use email to send links to my parents for various things (such as things to get me for Christmas, various YouTube videos, etc).

Years
  • Id rather use an Email rather than a phone call, It means you have the information directly in front of you (i.e directions, someones name or instructions) so you don't have to remember it or risk forgetting it.
    Also Emails can be dealt with as and when whereas phone calls can only take place if both people are available then.
    Also you have more time to think about a response rather that coming up with an on the spot answer.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I rarely use my e-mail, except when I was about to make an online transaction since it's required, or to find some daily news and stuffs.

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
  • It's funny how something that used to be used solely as personal communication is no longer used for personal communication.

I too only used my personal email for business communications between myself and corporation. Friends I communicate with on Facebook, Twitter, or via Text. I wonder if in the future a new mode of communication will come about that people switch to using primarily to contact each other, then we will used our current private communications platforms as public.

Work on the other hand: oh my god the amount of emails I get and need to respond to in a day is annoying.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    In the past, I used to be with Yahoo; it was great, I was able to do almost everything from their site all at once, whether it be to catch up with news, check weather, do some searching , or anything else that I have in mind. Their system was rather straightforward as well; nothing seemed to have been overly complicating, thankfully! Creating an account was sort of a tough process, but everything was easy afterward.

Unfortunately, my Yahoo mail began to get spam-mails one day, and the amount of those message it would gain rose day-to-day. Eventually, it started to bug me (it was quite bothersome to sort all important ones), which lead me to move away from it; I chose Google. GMail's great, and seemed to have had an amazing spam filter, which really satisfied me. Haven't looked back ever since!

As for communication and whatnot, I don't find myself using e-mails to chat with people online, sadly; for that, I use instant messengers such as Skype. Nowadays, I use e-mails mostly when doing important (or weighty, if we'd prefer) work, such as sending some document to my boss or a college professor.

Years
  • I hardly remember to check my e-mail nowadays, although I have my main one for certain purposes and there's my college address that I do have to check frequently during the semester for class announcements and the like. There's not much I find myself using the former for anymore, though.

Years
  • My personal email is rarely used for interpersonal communication. Mostly just for registering for sites and receiving coupons.

However, my work email is used frequently for interpersonal communication. It's still the easiest way to get ahold of someone in the corporate world.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • I have an email account for all my spamish stuff as well as signing up for things like forums or on other websites which require me to signup.

I have a separate one for university, emailing lecturers and as a main contact email (because I'm usually class rep).

I used to use email to email friends, pan pals and conversations between multiple friends, but I have skype and facebook now so no need.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I use it for signing up on different things, yes. Other than that... I don't think I use it to email others. Not unless it's something really important and personal I have to discuss. I actually have two emails accounts though. One is my main account, and the other one is for back up.

Back