• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

E3 '09 - Electronic Entertainment Expo 2009

Years
    I noticed the silent crowd the most with Nintendo. XD If I was there I'd probably be shouting so loud after every game they showed. XD
    I was with one with the crowd watching it. Until Golden Sun was announced, then I started to flail.

I was jumping up and down. I am 19 and I was jumping up and down! XD
    I don't care. That game was one of my childhood games. I couldn't believe it.

If they mess it up, I am going to hunt down the creators and kill all of them.
    Their deaths could include the DS version of the game and its case...

Years
    Wow...A bit late but I just checked out Microsoft's Project Natal. And dang is the future so rosy. :O
    Better late than never...

I was really surprised Microsoft, of all companies, have been developing something like this. When they announced it, I expected some refined videos that showed it working perfectly and we wouldn't see a working model. So, when they had it with them and showed live demos, I was surprised and impressed.
    It looks cool and stable, so far. I would like to see more of this over the next few months and next year.

*How it really works.
    *The technique side of it.
    *What hardware they have inside it.
    *How much it is going to cost.

That will be an interesting one, as always. How much are Microsoft going to charge for this, seemingly, revolutionary product and add on to the existing X-Box 360.
    I see the figure of £200-£300 popping up.

I hope, for their sakes, it isn't higher than that bracket.

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
    I have been thinking about E3. Not about the games or the companies, but the fans.
    Did anyone think the atmosphere was a bit dead?
    Yah, there were a few "Oooo's" and "Wow's" but, nothing really amazing.

Saying that, if I was actually there, I would be spazzing out and be like:
    "OMGI'MHEREAMAZINGWOWWHEREISMAHCONSOLES?!"
    XD

I'm sure it was more of a respect and/or rule thing. I haven't been personally, but I'm sure they have some rule for the conferences, such as, "Don't yell out. Clap when told to clap. Etc." Like almost any studio audience in recent times.

Anyways, I'm not expecting much out of NATAL.

They had Peter Molyneaux do one of the presentations. That cursed the entire project. Molyneaux can never deliver anything he promises in the way he promised it would be.

Years

I'm sure it was more of a respect and/or rule thing. I haven't been personally, but I'm sure they have some rule for the conferences, such as, "Don't yell out. Clap when told to clap. Etc." Like almost any studio audience in recent times.
    That is true. You are right, however, it is still a Games Conference.
    I expected at least a little bit of a fun atmosphere. Yes, it is serious business for the gaming world, but still :/

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
    I expected at least a little bit of a fun atmosphere. Yes, it is serious business for the gaming world, but still :/

The conferences are for serious.

The show floor is for fun.

Usually the conferences are press-only, even in the old E3.

Years

The conferences are for serious.

The show floor is for fun.

Usually the conferences are press-only, even in the old E3.
    Yah, that is true, I guess ><'
    Wish it was funner! XDDDDD

I guess the show floor is the place to be...
    I didn't get a chance to see much of the showfloor so I didn't get a sence of the feeling around there.

I would love to go to it though :D

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
    Yah, that is true, I guess ><'
    Wish it was funner! XDDDDD

I guess the show floor is the place to be...
    I didn't get a chance to see much of the showfloor so I didn't get a sence of the feeling around there.

I would love to go to it though :D

The show floor can be summed up easily:

"I can't hear what you're saying over the racket of hundreds of TV screens playing video games and people that won't stop yacking about aforementioned video games and the hour-long lines to play those darn video games."

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011

The Sony crowd cheered/clapped for MAG and Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    God, I really hope that a 'who won E3' wont spawn in PC.
    We're too good for that.

Well, e3 was a lot better this year for all 3 big boys than it was last year and that's all what really matters.

I thoroughly enjoyed Sony and Microsoft's confrences, and Nintendo's wasn't too bad.

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    Almost no one in the Nintendo audience applauded during the conference. I didn't even realize there was an audience until Metroid Other M's trailer played. I'm shocked no one did so much as cheer for Golden Sun 3, though.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    They also erupted in fake applause for the Hannah Montana PSP. :P

SHUT UP I WAS CHEERING FOR IT TOO ;;

;p

I dunno how anyone cheered through the PSP presentation, the guy talking was so boring.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    He was.

The lilac PSP, to be fair, is really pretty. :(

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    This years E3 made me so freakin' angry. I was in school the entire time and saw nothing but the last hour of the Microsoft conference... And no Zelda...

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    I loved this years E3. Biggest yay from me had to be for Super Mario Galaxy 2. Flying through space with your dino couldn't get better.

Back