• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

E3 2014 - PC's Official Conference And Livestream Discussion Thread!

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    It wasn't shown, but it's planned.

Another thing that wasn't shown that I'm looking forward to is Pillars of Eternity, but alas, PC gets no love at E3.

You know, now that you mention it I never thought about it but it should be there. Maybe in future years Steam could make a showing on behalf of the PCs? I think part of it is that there isn't a "console" company to pull in...I mean I guess they could get Microsoft and Apple but it's not the same at all.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
    I was a little surprised with Miyamoto's little Guard project that he says it doesn't have a genre, when tower defense is so well-established at this point.

Yeah, at first I was like "this is a neat tower defense game!" but I guess they don't consider that as TD for some reason? Maybe cause the defense isn't automated? Idk haha, it's weird.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Yeah, at first I was like "this is a neat tower defense game!" but I guess they don't consider that as TD for some reason? Maybe cause the defense isn't automated? Idk haha, it's weird.

I thought it was maybe because that genre is usually only applied to Flash games in my experience, and those aren't "real" games so the genre doesn't count? Idk, it seemed so obvious!

Sir Codin

So much money I need to save.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    The people look kinda weird though, outside of cutscenes.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    Final Smash for Mii character equates to Mii Parade; hundreds of Mii's flood the stage, trampling all foes in the process.

AKA I was waiting to see when Nintendo was finally going to add the Mii as a playable character. Little surprised that Palutena was added to the roster over some other characters, but nonetheless it's nice to see Nintendo adding some more playable female characters in this game.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    So you weren't excited about Palutena's confirmation in Smash Bros.,
    No
    who everyone wanted since Uprising,
    Clearly false, because I didn't care
    Bayonetta 1 getting bundled with Bayonetta 2,
    Platinum's very cool in general. Kamiya is a BAMF. I'd care a lot more if I had any intention of buying a Wii U, though.
    a new Xenoblade trailer,
    See previous, also I've never played the series, looks kind of interesting though
    Splatoon, which is a new IP mind you,
    See previous, also this made me kind of happy. This looks kind of interesting, but I'd probably only play it if my friends did. If I had a Wii U. And if any of my friends had a Wii U (most of my friends are PC gamers as well at this point).
    and the leaked Star Fox title, which everyone has been begging for the company to bring back?
    I haven't. Never played any of the series, didn't seem to appeal to my tastes. Never much cared for shmups, regardless of the perspective.
    Nintendo wins E3, hands down, and I can taste the salty tears of those who didn't want Miis in Smash.
    Well, considering I was just speaking to how I personally feel about the announcements and keeping in mind that I don't really care about games on systems I don't plan to get, most of the excitement from Nintendo's E3 came from 3DS-related titles. Or it would have, if they actually announced any worth playing. My 3DS is literally collecting dust (there's a thick layer on it) and that's not really endearing me to Nintendo right now. And I never really cared much for fighting games; I like Smash more than most, but one character reveal (that I didn't care about) and details about what essentially amounts to paid DLC isn't really enough to get me excited. The Yoshi's Wooly World footage was the most exciting thing to me, but again, I'm not going to have a Wii U to play it on most likely, so it was more of a "that looks like fun, I wish it was on 3DS" moment. Second best was the Zelda U reveal, which again, I probably won't play. And I don't really care about Miis in Smash either way.

All this conference really did was cement my decision of not purchasing a Wii U for at least another year until some better reveals are shown. I'm not going to buy a system for Yoshi's Wooly World and the promise of a future Zelda when I'm still sitting around regretting buying the 3DS, which has virtually nothing I want to play. I basically spent $200 for Pokemon Y at this point. I'm waiting for a price drop for AA and I'll probably buy whatever MonHun game comes out next year since my friends play it and I'm thinking of getting into it. Other than that, I really have no interest in much of anything on the 3DS right now, making it an expensive $200 brick.

Despite my tone just now, though, I'm not saying their conference was a failure. It was just average, like most of the others.

Years
    Yeah, I don't care for sports games either.

Although I noticed that Mario Maker for Nintendo, wow, I would love to make my own Mario courses. That's one i'd get if I had a Wii U, surely.

Alkaiser

Superhero
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Aug 1, 2014
    Nintendo made their best E3 since 2009. Yoshi looks awesome, Kirby is incredible cute... And Kirby games are never bad, so, must buy. Hyrule Warriors is pure fan service, pure fun. I don't look for a great game but it will be a fantastic entertainment 'till the real Zelda. Oh, the real Zelda... Man, THAT's the art style I, as a all-life Zelda fan, want. That 90's anime cell shading style, like some Ghibli film. THAT'S the true Zelda. Hoping to see more about the game soon.

Xenoblade Chronicles X... Sweet! Xenoblade is like one of the best JRPGs in last generation, this sequel better be awesome two! The trailer was good... But man, THAT GAMEPLAY! Amazing. A truly work of art. Bayonetta 2 (with the first one included for free with the buy) will be just another hack and slash master piece from Platinium. Can wait to play it. On the bad side, it looks a little too much like the first one. It doesn't seem we'll see many innovations... But it is ok, I really want more of that master piece of gaming called Bayonetta!

Captain Toad looks pretty interesting. Like a fun experiment, making the Toad missions on 3D World into a game, but bigger and crazier! Mario Maker seems interesting too!

Smash Bros. is just as awesome as ever. I recommend watching the Treehouse, they showed lots of gameplay. Nintendo won E3 hand down this year. Well, it is not like it were really difficult. With a Microsoft slightly better than usual and a Sony incapable of convincing me on buying a PS4.

Oh, the Smash Tourment is live now! Too much EPIC for the body.

I was really disappointed with Nintendo these last years but for once they made things right and I shall applaud them.

Years
    Can we talk about the potential that is Splatoon? That game looks so creative and fun; probably the most innovate, forward-thinking, and unique project I've seen in a long time. Deserves some recognition! Along with it, Smash Bros, and Mario Kart, I just might have to go and buy myself a Wii U.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I can't wait to see what Nintendo will show tomorrow at their treehouse event. Did anyone noticed that they seemed to have hinted at Dark Pit being in Smash when they announced Palutania?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    They'd pretty much be retooling Pit, so I doubt Dark Pit will be in it.

That's true, but that's the way the end of that scene made it sound. I imagined Dark Pit attacking her but they just cut it out after he appeared. Perhaps they'll change him up and give him some attacks exclusive to him.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Can we talk about the potential that is Splatoon? That game looks so creative and fun; probably the most innovate, forward-thinking, and unique project I've seen in a long time. Deserves some recognition! Along with it, Smash Bros, and Mario Kart, I just might have to go and buy myself a Wii U.

I was tired of it by the end of Treehouse but I plan on getting it eventually because it looks fun. Even by the end I could see some people getting the hang of it - I saw a guy swim as a squid to the end of his ink, jump in the air, then splat more ink while in the air and dive into it to move forward quickly. So cool.

They'd pretty much be retooling Pit, so I doubt Dark Pit will be in it.

Why do you think he was shown in the trailer then?

Sir Codin

Unless, they like, give him different moves or something, I can't think of a situation where they could put Dark Pit in and not make him like a carbon copy of Pit. Which, of course, he is, but still...

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Maybe as a change in Pit's gameplay? Kind of like Samus/Zero Suit Samus?

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Dark pit imo is likely to be a palette swap option (or alternate costume, whatever). If he is a separate character it'd be neat if he used different weapons, and hence attacks, to Pit, but I don't think it's as likely an option. And he'd likely still have the same weight, movement, etc in that case.

Quite a lot out of E3 from Nintendo this time about! Limited to what I can see (bluh uni) but guess I can catch up properly tonight, and load up more videos for my train trip home too.

Highlights for me is X (Xenoblade Chronicles now, huh... not surprised it's stated for next year, Xenoblade was huge, this'd likely be similarly - anyone have a link of any gameplay videos I read about btw? That's what I wanna see most!), new LoZ seems nice from the images, Smash (of course). Weird on ORAS's delay on dates (Australia will likely get the Europe date), but ah well. Still better than waiting for months afterward, I suppose!

Back