• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

E3 Expo Discussion Thread

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    Oh I forgot, one thing that surprised me greatly was "Rayman Origins". Thought that looked like a complete blast.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years

• Where did you get that from?

Also, the PSVita can do the role of the Wii U controller, so you're a bit late. It's not like Nintendo is the pioneer of innovation anyways.

Because Reggie emphasized that they will be using the latest technology in the Wii U multiple times - and the PS3 is using five year old technology.

And I don't see how having to buy two consoles is the same as buying one. :\

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
  • Well, I'm sort of bummed about Suckerpunch not doing Sly Cooper:Thieves in Time. But It seems like it is in good hands by Sanzaru, who made it possible to have the Sly Collection for the PS3.

here is some screenies I found these at the Suckerpunch Forums.
    Spoiler:

I dont like Sly's appearance but I'm sure it sink in soon with me.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Because Reggie emphasized that they will be using the latest technology in the Wii U multiple times
    Nice facts there.
    and the PS3 is using five year old technology.
    Well, maybe, but realize this. Sony is an electronics company. They can afford to lose a profit on a console in order to gain the money back later. They lost an unusually large $200 for their PS3 back in 2006, and only made a profit back. Nintendo, however, is a gaming company only. They've always made a profit on every console sold. That pretty little controller they have doesn't look like it comes cheap, and Nintendo doesn't seem like the kind of company to sell a console for $400. All we can do is speculate for now, because Nintendo only listed their Wii U processor as "IBM multi-core processor". I guess they were worried that their amazing specs would scare their casual market away.

Damn it, now my noodles are soggy.
    And I don't see how having to buy two consoles is the same as buying one. :\

It's the same principle, and I'd argue that it's better in the long run, since I doubt the Wii U controller is a portable system.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years

• Nice facts there.

Well, maybe, but realize this. Sony is an electronics company. They can afford to lose a profit on a console in order to gain the money back later. They lost an unusually large $200 for their PS3 back in 2006, and only made a profit back. Nintendo, however, is a gaming company only. They've always made a profit on every console sold. That pretty little controller they have doesn't look like it comes cheap, and Nintendo doesn't seem like the kind of company to sell a console for $400. All we can do is speculate for now, because Nintendo only listed their Wii U processor as "IBM multi-core processor". I guess they were worried that their amazing specs would scare their casual market away.

Damn it, now my noodles are soggy.

It's the same principle, and I'd argue that it's better in the long run, since I doubt the Wii U controller is a portable system.

No, the Wii U controller is not a portable system - which is why it's a controller. :\

And IBM has revealed to Engadget that the Wii U's processor is based on the processor used in the Watson supercomputer that kicks ass on Jeopardy.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • Nintendo said it will be competitive from the beggining (it should be, making a PS3 without a harddrive costs less than half it did 5 years ago), so I expect it to be around 300, seeing how the only actual expensive part is the controller.

In fact, I expect the WiiU + 3DS to cost more or less the same as the PS3 + Vita combo, with the only difference you can have the fancy controller without having to buy the portable system if you don't want to.

Years
  • For me, that would be the big area in which the decision is made to take one or the other. However, I know a lot of people will go for one because of the company. I tried to keep myself on the fence for Nintendo, because I have been surprised by them before, but I just don't like the look of the WiiU, but I want them to shock me and change my mind.

The NGP is something that I could consider getting, since it appeals to me more with the AAA games. I am going to be skint of money soon, so I am going to have to really pay attention to them.​

Years
  • I think there's a lot of puzzlement over the WiiU. For a start, they didn't specifically point out that it's a whole new console! I think a lot of people consider it to be an advanced new controller for it that also deals with some of the processing power. I was certainly wondering about that for a while...

Osha_say_wott?!

osha osha
    Years
  • Yes - Skyrim was kind of the most badass looking game at the Expo. I've even heard rumors that it might be on the Wii U... if so that'll make me a happy boy.
    That'd be awesome if it did~! All your stats, weapons, armor, etc. could all be displayed on the control pad.

Also, not just dragons... dragons, giants, and ****ing mammoths!
    All, especially the dragons, free roaming, doing whatever they heck they want~!

I'm a fan of the Ratchet and Clank series, but I hope there's more to All For One than it just being a game developed to capitalize on co-op gaming. It does look fun, regardless.^^

Regarding the price of the WiiU, with the technology and processor going into the console, and it being a next gen console, I'd expect it too cost a hefty fee. But, then again, it can't cost too much, otherwise, they risk alienating the casual customers who where a big reason the Wii was such a huge success to begin with. I think the cost of the WiiU will be around $400, but I can see Nintendo going lower than that to get the casual gamer to buy their console. The Wii's launch price was $250, a price a lot of people, casual or core gamer, could and would pay for. If they try to repeat that and sell it for about $300, that would mean a next gen console would be $50 more than their own handheld console, the 3DS, and the same price for Sony's handheld, the Vita w/ 3G. Think about that. *~*

Cid

Years
  • The highlight of the E3. is Probably The Sly Cooper announcement.
    I also like the Super Mario 3Ds
    Sort of happy for FFXIII-2.

But I am a bit dissappointed that Namco didnt show anything [...] for Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance for 3DS from Sqaure Enix. But other than that I loved it, with PS Vita, and Wii U. Even tho I'm not fond to the name, But it all looks amazing C;

Aside from not knowing what the Sly Cooper series is, I pretty much agree with this. I must add though, I love the new trailer for Sonic Generations shown on E3. Oh, and the information regarding Luigi's Mansion 2, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Journey, LOZ: Skyward Sword (and the LOZ demo shown for Wii U), Paper Mario and Mario Kart 3DS. Yeah, that's actually a lot for me to add. XD

Captain Fabio said:
    Since the Wii U is hot topic, how much you all think it will be?
    Not that I plan to buy it full price on day one, but I think I'll be disappointed with the pretty hefty price for the Wii U that Nintendo will give it (hey, touch screen controllers are undoubtedly costly). This will probably add up more problems for Nintendo, apart from what I think they're worrying about now: for instance, the Wii U's /innovative/ controller isn't exactly a wonderful concept at the moment, and the PSP Vita gets the 3DS's price with higher graphics performance-- which might possibly ruin the 3DS's sales.

Years
  • I would just like to say thank you to everyone who participated in expressing their views, thoughts, excitement and disappointment over the time of E3 2011.
    I will be removing the stick from this now, but it will still be open for discussion.

Hope you all enjoyed E3 2011.​

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
    Years
  • Dat vita pricepoint. definetly the highlight of e3 for me. Never thought they would price it so competively. Sony finally learned from the 599 ps3 and 250 PSPgo situation.

Day 1.
    --
    Uncharted 3 looked amazing as always, the cinematic trailer got me pretty excited for it. Resistance 3 footage has got me hyped too. I always liked resistance, even though R2 sucked. :\

Was really hoping for more announcements. Sly was nice, I want a resseruction of old franchises. Syphon filter, MediEvil, jak

Back