• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

E4 PREPARING. Is my team ok?

Jesspke

Passerby~
Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2016
    Ok, I'm stuck with the E4. I get to Marshal and he messes up my Rufflet with Stone edge.
    Is my team OK for the E4?

1. Emboar lvl 55
    Rash nature
    Heat crash
    Flamethrower
    Head smash
    Brick break

2.Jellicent lvl 44 (In training)
    Calm nature
    Shadow ball
    Bubblebeam
    ominous wind
    brine

3. Krookodile lvl 51
    Bashful nature
    Crunch
    Shadow claw
    Dig
    Brick break

4. Druddigon lvl 32 (Going to train)
    Careful nature
    (Move set in progress)
    Slash
    Crunch
    Dragon claw
    Surf

5. Eelektross lvl 45 (Going to train)
    Quiet nature
    Crunch
    Brick break
    Spark
    Charge beam

6. Rufflet lvl 47 (Also going to train)
    Modest nature
    Air slash
    Aerial ace
    slash
    fly

So, are they ok, and yes, most of my team are in training, and I only had 4 pokes, which is why Druddigon is so low lvl (Just caught her) as well as Jellicent, both yesterday.

~Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Starrodkirby86

Das Kirby
    Years
  • Rufflet or Braviary's going to be a losing battle against Marshal. Try using a Psychic type like Gothitelle or Reuniclaus. Or have Jellicent take care of it, since Fighting moves won't be able to hit it, and it'll take some damage before Jellicent goes down. But that might take a little longer. But really, Flying types are a no go, since everyone has some Rock move one way or another.

Get your Krookodile to Level 54. That way it'll learn Earthquake. That'll make your life a lot easier than using Dig. Also consider replacing Shadow Claw with Bulk Up?

Last edited:

Nikorasu

Shut down the devil sound
    Years
  • I definately suggest getting a reuniclus, before i fought the elite 4 mine was level 64, i suggest training all your pokemon to around 55

Jesspke

Passerby~
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2016
    NOTES: xD

Ok, so my Rufflet is weak to rock type moves. I guess this'll be a fight with an over
    leveled Jellicent.

I just got black today, so I won't be on White for a while.

And also, it would be handy if Jellicent learned a Psychic type move. Gonna look and have a see.
    It'll be easy(ish?) to lvl her up a bit...Audino attacks don't affect her xD

Starrodkirby86

Das Kirby
    Years
  • They do learn a Psychic-type move, which would be Psychic and Dream Eater, but you can't really get to those until after you defeat the Elite Four. Really sucks. My Cofagrigus was in the same situation.

Makes getting a Reuniclus or Gothitelle even more enticing though!

Jesspke

Passerby~
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2016
    Ok, so Jellicent can't learn psychic type moves
    Druddigon=Boxed for Psychic type.

I'm also going to be very stuck on the E4 on black, since my Fighting type fighter is a Swoobat. I might consider Catching a Pure psychic type or something. Maybes a ghost type who can learn Psychic type moves...Considering Chandelur...(Nearly at Celestrial tower :P)

Starrodkirby86

Das Kirby
    Years
  • Chandelure faces the same problem as Jellicent. It needs the TM Psychic in order to learn Psychic, and that's no bueno for you since you can't get Psychic yet. =( Also Chandelure is weak against Rock-type moves due to its Fire typing.

Albeit, Lampent at Level 53 can learn Shadow Ball, and with Chandelure's amazing Special Attack, you might not even need to get Psychic. Its speed is still an issue to think about, so hopefully it won't die from Stone Edge or something.

A pure Psychic type might be a better bet. As I mentioned before, Gothitelle or Reuniclus will be awesome to have, especially Reuniclus. You can catch their second form at Route 9, and if you're patient enough to trudge through Audino-infested shaking grass, you might be able to find their fully evolved form at Route 9 as well. You can try Beheeyem as well.

...I noticed that the Psychic Generation V Pokémon are really slow. D:

Jesspke

Passerby~
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2016
    Lawl, I beat the E4 on black after a few goes (Cailtin was apsolute HELL!)

Still not done White, and imma catch Reniclus for the sake of Psychic typeing Marshal...Idk who's gonna be my flyer, tho..D:

Jesspke

Passerby~
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2016
    I think I'm just gonna get that Reniclus. Funny enough, on black, my damn Meinshao Drain Punched it's way through Marshal. I felt like dropping my DS down the loo after that, as even Gothitelle was a losing battle D:...

Back