• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen E4 - what level was your team?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Despite always failing to beat Lance, versing the Elite 4 or 5 is a great way to level up your pokemon, even with Exp Share onto a weak pokemon is great as it also makes that stronger, so despite losing all the time, just stick at it until you beat him.

ChikoritaBayleef

♥Bayleef Lover♥
    Years
  • Ha Damn, I thought I was just being slow on my team and was the only one with them in the 40s, and that everybody else is probably into their 50s and maybe 60s.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2020
    48 Lugia
    41 Meganium
    39 Gyarados
    37 Ampharos
    20 Hitmontop
    16 Wooper

My gyarados knew ice fang so lance wasn't much trouble for me. Except for his dragonite that knows thunder, I think i ended up taking it out with a critical from lugia's aeroblast.

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2016
    I always train ym Poekmon to the same lv as the strongest's pokemon of the champion...
    So i trained them all up to lv.50

jab2033

Exit Light, Enter Night
    Years
  • My team was Levels 45/46 when I got to Lance. He actually wasn't all that difficult of a challenge. A couple of Dragon Dance boosts on my red Gyarados and I was able to sweep 5/6 of Lance's team with Waterfall + Ice Fang. Thank god for Intimidate, or Outrage would've 2HKO'd Gyarados and I wouldn't have gotten those two DD boosts ins.

My Ampharos took out his Gyarados as well.

PikachuGuy

THOSE CHU'Z
    Years
  • I got SS yesterday and I just finished up with the E4. Here's my team:

Lugia - Level 46
    Feraligatr - Level 43
    Skarmory - Level 40, exp share, used only a couple times
    Graveler - Level 40, somewhat useless and frail
    Ampharos - Level 44
    Red Gyarados - Level 30, hm slave

I am certainly going to get rid of Graveler, he's slow and frail.

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2015
    My starter was LV. 60 and everyone else was around LV 55 - 58 (maybe one or two was lower than that bracket but hey... whatever).

drarixio

Charging up since '89
    Years
  • @Poketrainer729: It's HG/SS not LG...

My team was level 45+ with Lugia at 48 and Meganium at 47. I couldn't find much use for Meganium except for mercilessly destroying that annoying Umbreon, who defeated all my guys except Lugia, and Bruno's Onix.. Luckily, I bought loads of revives. I swept Bruno's whole team with Fearow, Meganium for Onix and Lugia for Machamp (Cross Chop destroyed fearow because Fly missed). The other two members were no prob for me.
    For Lance I just taught Lugia and Dragonair ice beam, with Gyarados having Avalanche. I just used Meganium in that battle as a wall, so I could revive Lugia and Gyarados.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen yesterday
    My team were around lv.45-47.

Feraligatr lv.47
    Furret lv.45
    Noctowl lv.45
    Ninetails lv.48
    Hypno lv.47
    Mamoswine lv.47

Clefairies

I'm always chasing rainbows.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2016
    My team was around 42-45 I believe.
    I never had any problems, I just used a couple potions/revives in the process if memory serves me correctly. (:

Skyspark

Pokemon Tamer
    Years
  • I'm playing my new Heart Gold copy, right now I'm about to challenge the Blackthorn Gym and my team is all around Lv. 35... Maybe I can grind to Lv. 40 before the Pokèmon League. And, I'm doing lots of Bug Catching contest, hoping to win a Shiny Stone for my Togetic.

EDIT: I've reached the Pokèmon League, and I'm in the 39s. I'll grind to 40 and then I'll try. No Togekiss :(
    After you defeat the E4 you can get shiny stones at the pokeatholon(bad spelling).
    On-topic: I train all my pokemon to lv 45, stocked up on potions and revives, and made even though it took 4 tries...

B3R

UK Number 1
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 27, 2012
    My Feraligatr was Level 73, I am surprised by the low levels I'm seeing. And it was that level when I entered Kanto so the levels surprise me even more.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Please do not revive threads over a month old. It'd be best for you to recreate the topic as a new thread instead.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back