• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Early Game Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    I really hope they keep the ones such as Pidgey, Caterpie etc as the early game pokemon. I use those pokemon for the long run to get Pidgeot and Butterfree. I also like to catch Hoothoot so I can train it to evolve into a Noctowl which proves to be useful down the line.

Years
    Do you think they combine the roster of Pokemon this time? (Pre E4)

Do you think they combine the roster of Pokemon this time? Like say adding in some FR/LG pokes or R/S/E pokes or D/P/PL pokes to hype up the roster a bit. If you think so put up a list of Pokes you would like to see from other gens to be catchable Pre E4 in HG/SS. Here my list:

Meditite
    Crogunk
    Vulpix
    Buizel

Kazukii

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2009
    Hmm I'm not too sure whever I'd like that or not.. I'd probably say no.

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2013
    they wont put in any pokemon that wernt in generation 2 before the elite 4. if anything changes i think it will all be located in kanto, just a thought though

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    Pokemon from other Pokedex' will be catchable in Kanto and in swarms after the E4.

I know they won't, but I'd love to see all pokemon from G/S/C catchable in one cartridge, unlike in the originals where trading was a must (you couldn't even get an electric type in Crystal in the begining as Mareep wasn't catchable which made me furious and Pikachu, I believe, was rare and only in Kanto).

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Merged the two similar topics here, as they have to do with what Pokemon will appear in the game, early on/pre E4/etc.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    they wont put in any pokemon that wernt in generation 2 before the elite 4. if anything changes i think it will all be located in kanto, just a thought though

/This.

The latest scan with the Pokédex from Coro Coro proves this idea. The reason why is because if you look at it, the Pokémon from the old GSC PokéDex is situated in their same place and number as well. So, no new generation Pokémon shall appear before Post-National Dex. If any, it'll be after the Elite Four is beaten and possible swarms and areas might include the newer generation of Pokémon from Hoenn, Sinnoh and possible the new forms as well.

I would have expected this anyway as it was done in FRLG. Not to mention it keeps players with their satisfaction of nostalgia and would keep more of a GSC remake idea rather than a whole new game. However, if anything, I would expect a bit of changes in where some Pokémon were found before. Such as some appearing in new routes and locations as well as some evolutions appearing in different areas too. The reason why is because there have been added areas into the game so a few changes in where Pokémon appear will have some kind of alteration in a way.

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2014
    Mareep earlier, and some others. Maybe make Pichu catchable early, but then it would be used by everyone. >.<

Jweeson

Pokemon Aficianado
    Years
    I hope that they don't make too many changes to the game though. I didn't really like the islands on FR/LG. For me they just distracted me from the main goal of the game. But I do agree that some higher potential pokemon should be put in the beginning. Although I always did catch a mareep.

LinK93

Translator/Beta tester
    Years
    Adding to the Gym Leader and Elite Four Rosters, I think GSC really lacked good early game Pokemon. Before Violet City, you only had your starter to rely on and a bunch of mediocre or bad Pokemon like Sentret, Ledyba, Spinarak, and Hoothoot. Although you could have gone through most of the game with them and their evolutions, I am hoping this is not the case for HG/SS with the possibility of a more difficult game.

The only "decent" and easily catchable Pokemon in Gold and Silver before Goldenrod city are Mareep, Wooper, Hoppip, and Poliwag (to Politoed). Hopefully, HG/SS adds more useful Pokemon such as Phanpy (added in Crystal), Teddiursa, or Aipom earlier in the game. :]]]

**Note that I did not mention any first generation Pokemon since I want HG/SS to focus mostly on the second generation. (Not that there were many good 1st gen Pokemon available either! ^__^;; ).

Spinarak is a good pokemon.... its the only bug Pokemon ever to be in my team and his evolution its even better
    ...it should have a new evolution...but thats just me

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back