• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Earthbound

Manatee Express

Rocket Grunt
Years
  • Hey just wanted to know if there are any Earthbound fans here! I am actually currently playing the english patch of Mother 3.

I hope that there are at least a couple Earthbound fans around here somewhere... *Scans area*

Years
  • I've seen a let's play of Earthbound and it looks like a really fun game I wish I could play it but I don't have an SNES. Mother 3 looks really epic and I really want to play that game.

GaXeL

Feraligatr Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2012
    Giygas scarred me for life, WTF is that thing?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I am irrevocably and completely in love with Mother 3. It's my favorite game of all time. I actually did a review of the game here, if you feel like digging around in the LP subforum to find it. But yeah, I absolutely adored Mother 3. Never got to play Earthbound though. :( It's unfortunately a rare, and expensive, find these days. And I only emulate handheld games, so playing it on an emulator is a no no for me. However I don't know if Earthbound is as good as Mother 3, but that's just me judging by LP's I've seen...

razzbat

dancer
    Years
  • i just finished mother 3 just a month ago! such a great game, one of nintendo's great masterpieces. XD just started mother 3 a little awhile ago but not really making much progress with study and other games...
    a few of my favourite areas in games are from mother 2. one that really stood out was moonside, it was so twisted and weird. :D

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • You can tell by my avatar and signature I am a fan of Mother 3. ;p

It is most certainly one of my favourite games - they just nailed everything, from gameplay to dialogue to storyline... and the music is such epic win as well. Lots of tunes for a game, and a lot of variety in it as well in terms of genres and styles of songs. I guess it's only to be expected given Mother 3 did have 3 different consoles in its development before finally landing on the GBA after about years of development.

And giygas is the quite the notable boss by far... ._.

Curiously, was anyone aware that the Earthbound series had a pretty strong Beatles influence? (More to the people who have only played Mother 3 as in other games it is more obvious =p). Even the music is, uh, 'heavily inspired', let's say... just look at Mother 2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0n4cs7Z7mDY (No embeding with this video...) =(

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I only played Mother 3, but it wasn't really that good in my opinion. I thought the game had little going for it other than its charm.

Speed

Skyward
    Years
  • The Mother series is probably my favorite series ever, I've played all 3, I love everything about the games. Earthbound is probably my favorite of all 3 though.

Curiously, was anyone aware that the Earthbound series had a pretty strong Beatles influence? (More to the people who have only played Mother 3 as in other games it is more obvious =p). Even the music is, uh, 'heavily inspired', let's say... just look at Mother 2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0n4cs7Z7mDY (No embeding with this video...) =(

In the Japanese version of Earthbound, the "don't care" names are actually Beatles references. :p

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    I never played the Earthbound games, but I enjoy playing as Ness and Lukas at times in SSBB. Earthbound is the same series as the mother series, correct?

Graphical

Beep beep boop
    Years
  • It's a series I've always wanted to play, but have never got a chance. Especially since it's not on the virtual console, which sucks. I'd really like to play it sometime.

Years
  • Really, it's a shame that these apparent "legal issues" (whatever that even means) is preventing Earthbound from having a VC re-release, and getting some exposure to a wider audience (and, in turn, maybe perhaps getting a long overdue North American sequel).

For those that have never played it... unfortunately, it'll cost ya' well over $100 to buy it now (these are eBay's prices; Amazon's got nothing, at the moment). Given that, I'm so glad I held onto my original copy. I'd be kicking myself if I had to buy it at these prices. =P

Back