• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Easiest Gym Leader

Which Gym Leader put on the easiest challenge to you?

• Total voters

jmd34

<---- Ibanez RG320PG-P3
    Years
    First Gym Is easy enough , Take out the first pokémon (Lillipup) With your starter , and take out your opposite (Let's say Fire Since I chose snivy) with the Monkey ^^'

Tyranee

Can't read my Poke'-face!
    Years
    Easiest was Brycen. Never once had trouble with him because I've always had someone with an attack capable of taking out his whole party. Lenora and Elysa were the hardest and most annoying every time I've played through.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
    All of the gym leaders were unbelievably easy after Lenora... but to say the easiest, I have to say skyla, most of my pokemon were at least 15 levels overlevelled to her lowest pokemon I think >.>

Venzeron

Canine Pokemon Master
    Years
    I really wanted to say Clay, having panpour and snivy(I don't really let my starter evolve until its learned all its moves) but rock slide took them both. i should went to the poke center instead of challenging the gym without healing, but I still came out on top with chikorita, cyndaquil, zoura and mew. Iris was very easy for my. I barely remember are battle.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Once I hit Elesa, all the gym leaders were easy-peesy. I think that the Striaton leader was easy, too... wait, doesn't that mean the only hard one was Lenora?

Yep. Sounds right. Stupid Hypnosis.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
    I thought they were all pretty easy except for Lenora and Clay.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Just putting out a note that I added a poll feature for this thread, so as well posting which one(s) may have been the easiest for you, you can input it for the poll too. :)

As for myself, all the Gym Leaders were pretty easy. I tend to reach ahead of their levels though, so I don't expect much of a challenge when I do so. Each Pokémon in my team have a different typing and a variety of moves to keep them running against most other types, so that's a main reason as to why too. Though if I had to say any it'd probably have to be Cilan (since it was him I went up against; from picking Oshawott as my starter), for both the reasons of him being the first Gym Leader in Unova and myself having a type advantage when I had went with Pansear for a short while.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Drayden was the easiest Gym Leader. Seriously. OHKOing his Fraxure, Druddigon and Haxorus with Archeops' Acrobatics, my Fraxure's Dragon Claw and Samurott's Blizzard respectively without giving him a chance to attack made the battle a breeze.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
    Galvantula on skyla's pokes = OHKO without giving them any chance to do anything whatsoever. Skyla certainly didn't feel like a gym leader...

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    It must have been my starter type and other stuff, but I found Clay not much of a challenge, even with his Excadrill. Then again, I did bring Samurott this time around. Super effective FTW!

Years
    Having a Super Overpowered Emboar, I'd say either Burgh or Brycen. No problems whatsoever. xD Skyla was hard for me since I never bothered working with anything other than my Pignite (I never even CAUGHT a Blitzle), but simple enough. Elesa was by far the hardest for me. I didn't have ANY Rock-Type attacks for her Emolgas and Ground-Type was out of the question. Anything other than her and Lenora (even though I had Pignight with Arm Thrust by then, I still couldn't OHKO her NORMAL-Types) were a joke.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    Cilan was rather easy with the help of the elemental monkey you get at the Dreamyard.
    The hardest was Drayden.

Back