• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Easiest Pokemon game yet?

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2013
    I found this game to be extremely easy. I was able to walk through every battle I encountered. Walked through the Pokemon League with my Gardevoir (killed 20 out of the 22 total the use). Throughout the different games there's always been times I've struggled to get through and had to use items in battle but this time around I had no problems. My only problems were making sure I didn't kill wild Pokemon that I wanted to catch in one hit.

Pr3

Years
  • I didn't find much value in the actual story mode; however, the online portion more than makes up for it.

Ig Pokemon Lover

The Mighty Scizor
    Years
  • It was to me especially the elite 4 and champion was hell easy. I think they could had improve this game better then what we got now.

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2016
    I have the feeling it indeed was the easiest game so far. I wish especially the Elite Four and champion was more challenging, as that would make me feel better about beating them.

Years
  • Do undestand pokemon is meant for ages 10. And try turning off the exp share, if that doesn't work try to do a nuzzlelock (if this is the right word?) or a solo-run throughout the whole game using ONLY your starter. This should increase the dificulty ALOT.

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2018
    It was very simple. I feel as if they focused too much on graphics, online play, and the new fairy type...

Years
  • The exp share was hella overpowered but it could be turned off, what ground my gears the most was the gym leaders having only 3 pokemon and the elite four having only four. Why gamefreak? Why?

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    It was very simple. I feel as if they focused too much on graphics, online play, and the new fairy type...
    Let's not get too carried away now. Simplicity is best for a game like Pokemon after all.

Anyway, I found B/W to be easier, even with EXP Share.

But let's not start pretending Pokemon games were ever hard. Not even Nuzlocke or BW2's Hard Mode. EXP Share does not kill the difficulty, it kills the tedium. If you grind a lot, even without EXP Share, it'll still be easy. This is true for all Pokemon games. (er, well, I didn't grind at all with B/W even when there wasn't a thing like X/Y's EXP Share.) Not to mention the A.I is still easily exploitable.

I have quite a few friends who found this game to be a bit hard because they don't use EXP Share or grind, and even shuffle their team. So it all depends on the player. I remember B/W had so many complaints about it being easy, same for gen 4, so whatever.

solo-run throughout the whole game using ONLY your starter. This should increase the dificulty ALOT.
    Solo-runs are pathetically easy. Your one Pokemon gets all the EXP and it'll end up near invincible. Ruby was much easier for me when I solo'd it with an Exploud than beat it with a team of 6.

seishiro-san

Inspirational
    Years
  • I certainly do agree it's quite easy. However, the beauty of Pokemon games for me is the opportunity to raise my all-time favorite critters, and with the new breeding mechanics it surely encourages us to go for what we call as the "perfect" Pok'emon.

Years
  • I wouldn't say BW were that easy, because they had their fair share of tricky foes (some of the trainers early in the game, Lenora, Clay to an extent, the final battles with N and Ghetsis, and I also don't think the Elite Four were that easy either). BW2 were even easier, at least on Normal Mode where Gym Leaders still only have three Pokémon, among other things (though in that one I felt it was easier to get caught off-guard and what not).

As for XY, they were pretty easy with the Exp. Share on. But without it, I find that it makes things considerably harder when trying to keep up. In that case, the trainers can catch you off-guard rather easily, because the massive Kalos Pokédex makes it hard to predict what trainers will have. Some of them have unusually bulky stuff early on. In my current playthrough of Y, some of the trainers have been just near my levels, and on occasion slightly higher, so some of them take longer than they did in my first playthrough of X. (I am doing a Monotype currently though, that might be the problem but not much of it.) Interestingly, the trainers are giving me a harder time than the Gym Leaders.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I'm not done with it yet, but it's seemed pretty easy so far. The Exp. Share changes do make it very simple to train up lots of Pokémon in a short time, which is nice for those of us who don't have a ton of time to play these days, but it does make things simpler. I haven't played the game without Exp. Share, so I don't know if turning it off makes the game a lot harder, but my impression is that the game is probably still relatively straightforward either way.

It's difficult to compare game difficulty, though, because I've aged a lot since I first played Pokémon. RBY and GSC seemed much harder to me than the rest of the series, but that was probably just because I was younger and had never played Pokémon before (in the case of Red). Now, they seem very straightforward, but I've played them so many times that I don't have a good sense of how difficult they would feel if I picked them up for the first time today. I think to get a real sense of comparative difficulty, we'd need to have a bunch of elementary students who've never played Pokémon before try out the game, and also have some try out the other games. But even that approach might not work that well, because each person's first game might seem relatively harder than the others as he adjusts to how to play Pokémon. Hmm...

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2020
    I actually found this game to be the HARDEST POKEMON GAME for the first three badges or so... That double team Machoke/Mr.Mime combo was ridiculously hard. And the first sky battle with the 3 Emolga that raped my Pidgeotto... that was pretty rough.

Anyway, after that I found my pokemon were extremely high leveled compared to the computers, so it couldn't really be hard.

Prog

Meat Cutter
    Years
  • Do undestand pokemon is meant for ages 10. And try turning off the exp share, if that doesn't work try to do a nuzzlelock (if this is the right word?) or a solo-run throughout the whole game using ONLY your starter. This should increase the dificulty ALOT.

This is pretty much it. Also, what made the game very easy was early access to EV training, and the POkemon-amie features that help your pokemon
    • Land more critical hits
    • Avoid more attacks
    • Shake off status effects randomly
    • Gain boosted exp

To make the game Typically difficult, DON'T use Exp. Share, DON'T use any of the side games, DON'T use Megas. That makes the game a bit more challenging. Also, play it like you first played when you started. Try not to use experience you've gained from being a seasoned vet of the series. Don't over level, don't stock up on potions or pokeballs, use few favorable type matchups. That sort of thing,

TreeKangaroo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Years
  • Not all the battles were easy, if you didn't use honedge there was a double battle with 2 furfrou and it could be torture. I turned off the exp share for the elite 4 and my pokemon team was only like level 58-60 while the elite four had like level 65.

Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2014
    This game really scrapped a lot of the nit and grit that made the old games kinda hard and sometimes tedious, like super training and poke-amie, but the main factor to how easy it was will probably dwindle down to the new Exp. Share. By the end of the game, my Blaziken was around lvl 75 and I barely even trained him through normal means, he just sat in my party the whole time. Another thing that made it so easy was that every single "Boss" trainer, i.e Gym Leaders, Rivals, Lysandre, etc, had around 3 pokemon every time you battle them. It is really hard to lose to a 3 pokemon party when you have a full 6.

Years
  • Am I the only one who found this game to be decently hard? I guess that's because I didn't use the Exp. Share once, but usually my Pokemon were 2-3 levels underlevled most of the time, and all my Pokemon ran into to trouble a couple of times (Well, except Doublade XD)

I mean, it was harder than G/S/C/HG/SS and B/W at least. Probably FR/LG too.

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2013
    I love the story of the game, but either I was too op on this game, or everything was too easy. Like really, thinking back, I never lost a battle.

Years
  • everytime these threads come up theres that one guy who no one really pays attention too that talks about simplicity to the game...

Sorry but IVs and EVs add no simplicity to the game since they focused way to much on online battles..

Game was way to easy +1 for the 50th thread made on this.

-1 to those who think that not using the exp share and affection make the game harder, obviously do not know how to play pokemonz.

Ryden

Friendly Lurker
    Years
  • It was definitely easy to become over leveled/power compared to the gym leaders and other important battles you'd be doing if you weren't careful. I had to actually juggle around more then 6 pokemon to keep myself at the right average thanks to things like exp.share(aka exp.all 2.0) and the Battle Chateau. Plus Super training on top of that streamlining EV training.
    The gym leaders really should of used more Pokemon, most of them only used three and thats just sad. Then we're got the elite 4 only using 4 and they were some poor choices of pokemon considering what was available. I was at level for fighting them and I was one shooting most of what they threw at me. The Champion was decent in comparison to them, but not the level of threat I expect from the Champ.

It is likely to me that with all the work they put in with a whole new 3D world and its attention to details, plus all the new features they added they kind of lot touch with the balance aspect of things. I don't really hold it against the games though. I also figure whenever the more then likely third installment(s) come about, this is something they'll likely address if there is a voice for it.

Back