• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Easiest Pokemon game yet?

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
  • This is it. I've found my favorite post on PC.

everytime these threads come up theres that one guy who no one really pays attention too that talks about simplicity to the game...

Sorry but IVs and EVs add no simplicity to the game since they focused way to much on online battles..

I laughed because this sounds like XY are the first games to introduce IVs and EVs because GF was so focused on the competitive aspect that they decided to throw in some complex game mechanics. It is, indeed, entirely possible to ignore IVs and EVs by, yunno, remembering how you played older games where you couldn't see your EV total on the screen and playing these games exactly like that.

Game was way to easy +1 for the 50th thread made on this.

-1 to those who think that not using the exp share and affection make the game harder, obviously do not know how to play pokemonz.

>Taking away the ability to constantly give your entire party experience does not make the game harder
    >Taking away bonus experience, higher crit chances, and the ability to literally shake off status effects does not make the game harder

Laughed again. If you wanted to you could ignore enough of the features to make the game as easy "hard" as R/B/Y. Turn off Exp Share, don't use Amie, don't Super Train, limit your bag space by discarding items when you hit a certain number, walk or bike through the entire game (no running or skating), flee from horde battles, etc. etc. etc.

Whoops, still laughing.

TreeKangaroo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Years
  • This is it. I've found my favorite post on PC.

I laughed because this sounds like XY are the first games to introduce IVs and EVs because GF was so focused on the competitive aspect that they decided to throw in some complex game mechanics. It is, indeed, entirely possible to ignore IVs and EVs by, yunno, remembering how you played older games where you couldn't see your EV total on the screen and playing these games exactly like that.

>Taking away the ability to constantly give your entire party experience does not make the game harder
    >Taking away bonus experience, higher crit chances, and the ability to literally shake off status effects does not make the game harder

Laughed again. If you wanted to you could ignore enough of the features to make the game as easy "hard" as R/B/Y. Turn off Exp Share, don't use Amie, don't Super Train, limit your bag space by discarding items when you hit a certain number, walk or bike through the entire game (no running or skating), flee from horde battles, etc. etc. etc.

Whoops, still laughing.

Best. Reply. Ever.

Anyways, in reply to the guy you replied to

Sounds like you're saying that we suck a pokemon. X and Y isn't that easy so shut up and stop saying we don't know how to play pokemon. It surely sounds like you're saying we don't know how to play.

Years
  • nvm i dont explain logic to the simple minded.

Ran Nuzlock challenge on my Y version with the hardest rules i can possibly get, Still was a 1 day walk with 1 dead poke...get real game was easy

Last edited:

SyngthaSuyeon

Specialty: Rare types & UU/NU
    Years
  • ... let's not start pretending Pokemon games were ever hard.

THIS! Let's be real, now. When has Pokemon EVER been hard without handicapping yourself (nuzlocke, monotype, not buying items, solo run with Pokemon that have terrible stats/movepools, not using type matchups and coverage to your advantage, and other such limits)?

The only "hard" games were the original first generation games and that's because most of the mechanics were broken, didn't exist, or because of how broken and unbalanced the typings were (dragon and psychic were the end-all-be-all because the Ghastly line was useless [Poison/Ghost] and Ice types were a joke as well).

http://static.fjcdn.com/large/pictures/ca/d9/cad9bb_3856475.jpg

The games were never created to be difficult in the way that... say... Castlevania or Silver Surfer were difficult. They were created to be fun for all ages. Where there's always been a weakness in difficulty (any 7 year old can beat the games without employing any real strategy and just using the first 6 Pokemon they get at the beginning), linearity (that's simply a feature of all JRPGs), and story lines, the strength has always been that you can make the games as easy or as difficult as you please (718 options and 18 types and combinations - the only games might be able to give Pokemon a run for it's money in terms of customizing one's team is the Final Fantasy series and their job systems). The games are only as hard as you make it through game play.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2015
    Exp share allowed you get to get overlevelled too easily, other than that the game was fine.

Years
  • THIS! Let's be real, now. When has Pokemon EVER been hard without handicapping yourself (nuzlocke, monotype, not buying items, solo run with Pokemon that have terrible stats/movepools, not using type matchups and coverage to your advantage, and other such limits)?

The only "hard" games were the original first generation games and that's because most of the mechanics were broken, didn't exist, or because of how broken and unbalanced the typings were (dragon and psychic were the end-all-be-all because the Ghastly line was useless [Poison/Ghost] and Ice types were a joke as well).

http://static.fjcdn.com/large/pictures/ca/d9/cad9bb_3856475.jpg

The games were never created to be difficult in the way that... say... Castlevania or Silver Surfer were difficult. They were created to be fun for all ages. Where there's always been a weakness in difficulty (any 7 year old can beat the games without employing any real strategy and just using the first 6 Pokemon they get at the beginning), linearity (that's simply a feature of all JRPGs), and story lines, the strength has always been that you can make the games as easy or as difficult as you please (718 options and 18 types and combinations - the only games might be able to give Pokemon a run for it's money in terms of customizing one's team is the Final Fantasy series and their job systems). The games are only as hard as you make it through game play.

at this point it doesnt matter we've all beaten x and y (hopefully)...no one will restart to make it harder unless they buy the other version they didnt get.
    Ive already tried to run with harder rules just doesnt work for me i guess im just tooooo good at it...

But anyways i dont think it would hurt GF to add a Difficulty level, one that is really difficult atleast implemented nuzlocke or something...along with a high reward for beating that difficulty, easy normal hard modes have been in video games for little over a decade now.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    nvm i dont explain logic to the simple minded.

Ran Nuzlock challenge on my Y version with the hardest rules i can possibly get, Still was a 1 day walk with 1 dead poke...get real game was easy
    You're being rather ridiculous here because people don't share your point of view and don't agree with your complaints with that attitude. Get real. You're the one contradicting yourself here.

No one is telling you the game is hard. No. One. What everyone is trying to tell you is that it doesn't matter. Every time someone tells you that you completely ignore it, and now you're accusing us of being terrible at Pokemon. (I assure you I am not, as I battled with some of the best players on PC. Have you?)

And then what do you say? "It wouldn't hurt to add Hard Mode". Yes it would, because it would be a waste of resource (see: B/W2) and you admit it yourself and that's where you got contradictory. If you're good at Pokemon, a hard mode would not make a damned difference. Why do you think Nuzlocke was still easy for you? Why do you think no one really cared for B/W2's hard mode? Because a little more griding would take away all that "difficulty". Stop.

Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2014
    In my opinion, i found it pretty easy. Was disappointed in elite 4 & champion difficulty. Another factor is that exp share made it far too easy. Was expecting far better AI trainers in pokemon y...

I hope GF makes the battles more strategic in the next game!

SyngthaSuyeon

Specialty: Rare types & UU/NU
    Years
  • at this point it doesnt matter we've all beaten x and y (hopefully)...no one will restart to make it harder unless they buy the other version they didnt get.
    Ive already tried to run with harder rules just doesnt work for me i guess im just tooooo good at it...

But anyways i dont think it would hurt GF to add a Difficulty level, one that is really difficult atleast implemented nuzlocke or something...along with a high reward for beating that difficulty, easy normal hard modes have been in video games for little over a decade now.

nvm i dont explain logic to the simple minded.

Off topic, but: Punctuation, Sir/Ma'am... Please use it? Kinda hard to read. :/
    But I digress...

I'll be restarting for Challenges, eventually. I won't be getting the bank, nor am I the type of player where I have to have an event Poke, keep my perfectly EV/IV'd, RNG'd, bred for this or that moveset, Shiny, tournament winning, blah blah blah team of super Pokes. Nor will I be buying Y (I'm broke now, and even if I weren't - I'm no longer at the age where I have to have both/all three for each generation. I haven't done that since Gold and Crystal). I'm all for making the games harder for myself for the purpose of having fun - not because I have a need to be challenged to the point where I want to throw my 3DS at a wall. If maddening, curse inducing difficulty is your cup of tea, then buddy, you're in the wrong fan base, you need to hang out with Smogonites and other tournament players, or you need to find your way to the Hack section and play their edits.

I won't hold my breath for GF to implement Easy, Normal, Hard, Insane, etc. Even if they do implement difficulty settings, I don't see how that would make much of a difference. Other than making every gym leader, E4 member, and trainer higher leveled (with full diverse teams and smarter AI) and making typings needed to OHKO gyms totally unavailable (though just because they make Pokemon that just so happen to be able to beat a gym without issue available, doesn't mean we have to use them), there's not a whole lot they can do to make things harder - and even then, it would just be more tedious than difficult because any Pokemon can beat another - regardless of typing - with enough grinding. Which again, is more tedious and boring than difficult (RGBY Charmander/Charmeleon [no Iron Claw] and Pikachu vs Brock - Can it be done? Yes. Just takes longer and makes things more annoying [more grinding against weak Pokemon and more items to buy on a smaller budget] than truly difficult).

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Due to the new and improved Experience Share, it was a little easy to train my Pokémon. And by having all of them at a high level together, some battles were made quite easy. There still were a lot of other battles, though, that I found to be pretty difficult. One of the toughest matches that I've ever faced would have to be the second battle with Shauna—when she challenges you at Route 19. Her hardest Pokémon, to me, was Goodera. It was at level forty-nine, and had a variety of physical and special moves, including Earthquake, Sludge Wave, and Dragon Pulse. With only four Sludge Wave attacks, it was able to take down Chesnaught, who, at that time, was my strongest Pokémon. With Dragon Pulse, it defeated my Wartortle and Talonflame. And thanks to Earthquake, it had the chance to take out my Espeon. Espeon wasn't supper-effective to this move, but… Goodera still managed to make it faint. d: To get Goodera, I had to use a ton of Revives and Hyper Potions. Her Greninja was quite tough as well. After only two Double Team, it was nearly impossible to land any attack on this Pokémon at all.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Try without EXP Share. I did without most of the time and all my pokemon were always a few levels behind or right at the gym leader level. But since when was pokemon games ever hard? If you know how to play, of course it is going to be easy. I am not saying it was hard, but I am not saying it was easy either. I have been playing pokemon since Red/Blue/Green versions so I know all the weaknesses. SO yes of course it is going to be easy. They games were never meant to be hard. You want a challenge? Battle people online. That is the challenge of the game.

Years
  • Nuzlocke, and use the rules no pokemon centers (No healing there) annnnd no evolving pokemon (besides starter. And the basic/common rules, use them to. Also NO MEGA EVOLUTIONS. And yes, obviously the basic rules are needed to.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
    Years
  • But anyways i dont think it would hurt GF to add a Difficulty level, one that is really difficult atleast implemented nuzlocke or something...along with a high reward for beating that difficulty, easy normal hard modes have been in video games for little over a decade now.

GF added a difficulty level in B2/W2 and it wasn't exactly, er, difficult. Pokemon is not one of those games that can get harder just because of your opponents being boosted up a couple of levels with an additional Pokemon or two. Level systems in RPGs center around giving the opponents boosted stats, which is only possible in Pokemon by bumping their levels up since their stats can only be in a set range due to the mechanics of the game. The difference would only show at level 100, too.

For example, if you implemented Hard Mode A where Brock had a level 16 Geodude then it would have the stats of a level 16 Geodude. If you implemented Hard Mode B where Brock has a level 12 Geodude with the stats of a level 16 Geodude then it's the exact same as a level 16 Geodude and it would only be different in later levels when its stat growth surpasses a regular Geodude - that is to say, long after you battle him.

In either case you could easily just grind until you beat him so it would hardly be challenging.

Having a forced Nuzlocke feature is a horrible idea as well. Horrible, dreadful, abhorrent, etc. etc. etc. If GF were to put in a Nuzlocke feature then it would be under their rules - that is to say, not your own. Self-imposed rules are the backbone of Nuzlocke challenges and challenges in general. GF may decide that its Nuzlocke mode limits your item usage but not your Pokemon Center visits and a person may think that's too extreme and not want to play it or not extreme enough and have to play with their own disciplined rules. The former defeats the entire purpose of adding it in as an official feature and the latter is the exact same thing that people have been doing for years. Not to mention Nuzlocke is only one type of challenge.

But now we reach my favorite part of the post - the rewards. What exactly are the rewards for beating Pokemon games? Post-game content, of course. Content provided to extend your playing experience, such as hunting down Mega Stones or fighting in the Battle Maison. Having reward tiers for completing different difficulty levels would be - well, I've wanted to say this for a while, stupid. It would be just plain stupid. Someone beats the game on Easy for whatever reason - lack of skill, playing for the story, etc. - and they're not allowed to use the Friend Safari? The Battle Maison is only available to those who beat the game on Hard because they've earned the right? That's all extremely stupid. And content would have to be the rewards for beating the various difficulties because more money or something similar would be even stupider.

You need to think more, kid. I don't think you understand the weight your ideas actually hold.

Back