• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Easiest to Hardest Generation

Years
    I've played pokemon since I was a kid and repeatedly played then as I grew up but the generation of games I found to be the easiest was D/P/Pt. bcuz there was space for training b4 getting to the gyms but other ppl had problems so I wanna know Which games do you rate easy to hard.

D/P/Pt. (Easiest)
    G/S/C
    R/S/E (Somewhat of a challenge)
    FR/LG
    R/B/Y (Hardest)

Zach.Is.Me.

As my name suggests, I am Zach
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2009
    I actually thought Gen I was the easiest.

Less pokemon and items to complicate the gameplay. Plus, there was nothing to do after you beat the Elite 4. It was the most straightforward.

Years
    i deffinatly thought the easiest was generation 1

list from easiest to hardest

red / blue / yellow (easiest)
    fire red / leaf green
    diamond / pearl / platinum
    Gold / silver / crystal
    ruby / sapphire / emerald (hardest)

i no longer feel r/s/e is the hardest because i've played it so much and know what to do. but when i originally played i thought it was real hard!

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    I think they've got more difficult with each generation. As has been stated, RBY was the most straightforward but every time they've brought out a new series there have been things added to the gameplay and tweaks made to make it more challenging, or to add another element of strategy to battling.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    R/B/Y
    FR/LG
    D/P/Pt
    G/S/C
    R/S/E

Yeah, same as the person above. X3

TERRA#493

Competitive Battler
    Years
    G/S/C (easiest [no really challenges and the Elite 4 was a blame )
    R/S/E (no really challenges as well and Champs who focus on one type sucks..)
    R/B/Y (excepting the Elite 4 this game includes no hard trainers..)
    FR/LG (some really hard challenges, and when you visit the Elite 4 for second time, they are pure awesome with her powerful Pokemon
    D/P/PL ("hardest" [ Generation aslong. Especially the battle against Lucian and Champ can be quite hard to win] )

The Red Chain

D/P/Pt ; I think this is the hardest generation.
    It's very easy to beat the storyline, but completing your Pokedex is the hardest in this game considering there are many new items introduced for evolution, most of them involving trading. The national dex also now contains 493 Pokemon, so it's quite the challenge to complete the entire game through and through.

R/S/E
    FR/LG
    G/S/C

R/B/Y ; Easiest, as it has the least Pokemon and the least things to do out of all the generations.
    It's not hard to beat this game and complete your Pokedex at all.. the Mew and Missingno glitches making things even easier.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    I think that for each generation, the difficulty gets harder.

Gen. I - Red/Blue/Yellow & Firered/Leafgreen
    Gen. II - Gold/Silver/Crystal
    Gen. III - Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald
    Gen. IV - Diamond/Pearl/Platinum

However, I would have to say that Gen. III and Gen. IV was equally difficult to some point.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    Mines a bit different and I'm putting Yellow by itself since I found its difficulty different to the other Gen I games.

R/B/G- Easiest
    G/S/C
    Yellow
    R/S/E
    D/P/P
    Fr/Lg- Hardest

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2012
    D/p/PT.
    FR/LG
    G/S/C
    R/S/E
    R/B
    Y

For me, gen. I was the hardest. This is because:
    1: I was like 7 :)
    2: The gym's levels in yellow were higher than Red/Blue, and usually more than 5-20 (Gary/elites) higher than your party.

Giraffes? Giraffes!

ラヴィ・ヘッド
    Years
    Well, personally Generation four was the hardest for me.. I thought they had the highest level pokemon in the elite four compared to other games, it might of just been me but thats what i think. And generation 2 was pretty easy in my opinion.

Last edited:
    Years
    From easiest to hardest:

R/B/Y
    G/S/C
    FR/LG
    R/S/E
    D/P/Pt

R/B/Y is incredibly easy for me. As mentioned earlier, RBY is very straightforward and had less items and less moves. Also, the AI in this game is extremely pathetic. On my recent playthrough in Blue version, I defeated Lance's Level 62 Dragonite with a Level 48 Victreebel using only Cut and Acid. All Dragonite ever did was used only Barrier and Agility. It never attacked me.

Generation 2 was easy as well. You really didn't need to defeat Wild Pokemon in between gyms since most of the Trainers and Gym Leaders are low leveled. Plus, the wild Pokemon are extremely weak compared to any other game thanks to adding a second region so why bother training with them.

R/S/E and FR/LG were equally difficult for me. I placed R/S/E higher on terms of difficulty because FR/LG was a remake so you already had an idea of what Pokemon trainers are going to use after playing the originals a lot of times.

Finally, D/P/Pt was the most annoying because of the Elite Four. It took me awhile to defeat the Champion after a lot of stalling with items such as Max Potions and Revives. I was surprised to see a Champion finally using a diversity team of Pokemon unlike Lance, Steven, and Wallace. I think I had the most trouble with Garchomp since I had nothing that could outrun it. The only way I beat it was taking advantage of the times it missed when it used Dragon Rush.

Zach.Is.Me.

As my name suggests, I am Zach
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2009
    R/B/Y is incredibly easy for me. As mentioned earlier, RBY is very straightforward and had less items and less moves. Also, the AI in this game is extremely pathetic. On my recent playthrough in Blue version, I defeated Lance's Level 62 Dragonite with a Level 48 Victreebel using only Cut and Acid. All Dragonite ever did was used only Barrier and Agility. It never attacked me.

Yeah, seriously. I noticed that they played way too defensively when i replayed Yellow Version. I beat the elite 4 with mostly high 40's all around.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 1, 2012
    1. Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald
    2. Red/Blue/Yellow
    3. FireRed/LeafGreen
    4. Diamond/Pearl/Platinum
    5. Silver/Gold/Crystal

I actually found my Pokemon Silver quite difficult to complete

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Insert random filler here.

Last edited:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Easiest to hardest:

- RBY
    - GSC
    - FRLG
    - DPP
    - RSE

I dunno what it was but Emerald was really hard for me even though I spent most of it overlevelled. DPP has too sudden an E4. <_< I always have to stop and grind for hours to level up enough to challenge them after the last gym. FRLG is only hard because I rushed through it and was underlevelled. XD;

Back