• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Editing other blog comments?

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
  • I've noticed that you can edit the comment of something said on your blog. It seems kind of weird to me because I think you should only be able to edit your own blog comments, and not another person's blog comment as well. O_o

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • wat

That shouldn't be happening. I'll look into it later.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I didn't think so. It's been there for a while, but I've never really said anything until now. Not sure why but... I guess I figured it was normal for something. O_o This is the first time I've actually clicked it and seen you can ACTUALLY change what someone has said to me on my blog. I didn't change what the person said, of course. I just got curious about it.

Volcarona

then live beautifully until the end
    Years
    Updated Today at 02:47 PM by Volcarona

Yeahhh I can edit blog comments as well, but it'll leave an indication that the comment was edited.

Years
  • Yeah, I just had a look at my blog and turns out that is indeed possible for you to do.

I don't think this is that weird, because if someone says something rude on your blog that you don't want there, wouldn't you want to edit it out? Granted i've never had to do that but I think it might be something to prevent hurtful comments.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Yeah this must have been left on (by default I think it might be). To adjust this setting do the following:

When adding / editing a usergroup at Usergroups > Usergroup Manager > Edit Usergroup in the right column you will find the following permissions:
    Editing other blog comments?

Set the top permission to "no" for all relevant usergroups (bar maybe S-mod/Admin). If it is left on, the ability for users to manage their own blog comments (both theirs and others), allowing them to both delete, edit and moderate them as they see fit is granted to them.

I'm assuming that this option has been set to "Yes" for some/all usergroups with blog permissions. Anyway, that may help.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • o.

that probably wasn't seen to when the new supporter groups were added. i got so confused there haha. thanks!

edit: okay what it all looks right to me aaaaaa
    edit 2: okay should be fixed now. if someone can test and report back that'd be great

Years
  • I don't think this is that weird, because if someone says something rude on your blog that you don't want there, wouldn't you want to edit it out? Granted i've never had to do that but I think it might be something to prevent hurtful comments.
    If you feel that a comment doesn't belong on the blog, you could simply report the blog post (even if it's your own or somebody else's) and indicate that you're reporting a user's comment and not the whole post.

o.

that probably wasn't seen to when the new supporter groups were added. i got so confused there haha. thanks!

edit: okay what it all looks right to me aaaaaa
    edit 2: okay should be fixed now. if someone can test and report back that'd be great
    I can't say for certain because mod permissions, but I'm still able to edit comments left by others on my blog, and unfortunately I don't have access to blogs on any other of my alts to confirm if it's fixed there.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    I can confirm that you could still edit blog comments. However, I'm on a different usergroup as well so that might be something worth looking at, too.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Nope. Can't edit blog comments myself anymore.

Shame, I had a bit of fun with this years ago.

Rukario

Banned
    Years
  • We're noticing a glitch in the PC matrix.. it seems disabling allow editing also disables the ability for bloggers to moderate any moderated comments on their blog. Hold on about this as we work on finding a solution.

Back