• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Education.

Adore

Party.
    Years
    I'm a freshman at a local community college. I plan to take the credits I'm earning here and transfer to a 4 year university (I haven't decided which yet) and get my Bachelors. Then maybe my Masters if I think that's necessary later on (probably not).

Currently I'm a graphic design major. I may switch to another art major down the road, but right now I'm pretty happy with it.

Years
    I have a bachelor's degree in geography and am currently struggling to get my master. I didn't succeed in getting admitted into the program of my choice, so for this semester I've read a couple of courses individually that are included in the program, just to do something useful. I will see if I can find any internship possibilities for the second part of this spring and then hopefully my luck will change this autumn.

My dream is to eventually be able to work with international development/environmental issues.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Currently in my last semester of community college, will be transferring to a university in the fall. I'm working toward a bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering.

Years
    I am currently out of school, having gotten an A.A.S. in Computer Network Administration a few years ago. I am contemplating going back to school to major in one of the business majors and minor in Computer Science, or vice versa, but it's a matter of me remembering to register for classes and fill out my FAFSA in a timely fashion.

Gabri

m8
    Years
    At University. Taking Engineering Physics, currently on my third year. The course is a 5-year Master's degree. Loving every minute of it.
    Except for those math subjects where they just shove theory on our faces.

Faye Rose~

Resilient
    Years
    Could it be your program or just the social aspect of college? From personal experience, I was extremely unhappy while spending 2.5 years of my life doing something I thought I liked, but actually would hate doing for the rest of my life. If it's the social environment you're hating, and I know this might be hard for some people, look for people who share common interests and understand who you are (:

I'm undeclared major so it's not the program, and I commute so there's no social aspect either. Not like I actually want to socialize with the condescending jerks there anyways.

It's my own fault that I'm there. I built this fake persona irl to hide the fact I'm transgendered. So I landed myself into a Christian college. Now my feelings are amplified and I'm in a terrible place to feel like that.

I'm going to be dropping out in a few weeks (so I can continue seeing my therapist there in the mean time, who is really nice, understanding, and willing to help me) so I can get my life sorted.

There's no point in me going to college when I'm too depressed to think straight, stuck in the wrong body so socialization is a mess, and I can't even afford books.

Waste waste waste.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    I've finished my 12th boards last year. Basically high school, I guess. Got 87.4%. Could get into local colleges but I wanted good ones. So I decided to take a year off to study stuff on my own. Now I have three-four exams in April and May. If I do perform nicely in them, I'll be able to get into some really reputed colleges. But studying is a pain in the ass, lol. I don't get why a person aspiring for computer science in college/software development as a life goal even needs to study chemistry. :/

Either way, this year wasn't a waste. Even if I fail to perform amazingly fantastically awesomely like my parents and relatives believe I would, I'm still getting a WAYYYYY better college this year. And the knowledge I have now will ensure a very, very smooth first and second year of college. I don't regret my decision.

Demon Wolf

American Wolf
    Years
    Im a freshman in highschool and received all my credits except English which by the end of 4th term I will have it im going to try 2 major in law 1 day

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
    Years
    I seem to be the youngest one here! I'm a freshman in high school, and so far enjoy high school much more than middle school. Don't really like waking up at 5:45 everyday to go to school, but I have too. I have 1 AP class this year, but only because that's the only AP class offered to freshman. Next year, I'm signed up for 2 or 3 of them....

I want to do something with science, specifically Cosmology or Physics. Biology is a back up on science. Psychology is there also.
    If science doesn't work out, then I wan't to be a Cultural Geographer.
    If either of those don't work out, then I have, as a last resort, a software designer.

Back