• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Eevee and his Evolutions stand for something don`t they?

Eevee_girl

Ich weiss nicht.
Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Dec 18, 2022
    Well it took me a while but I figured it out.Eevee`s name means Evolution,Vaporeon,the vapor in Vaporeon is water,water vapor,Jolteon,jolt of lightning,Flareon,Flar of flame,Epeon,ESP,Umbreon,Umbre means Shadow or Dark.So that was east and long.Who agrees will me it is real?

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    This belongs in rumors... *move*

Iveechan

based on a paperclip
    Years
  • It took me awhile to find out that Umbra was latin for dark/shade. I also think it would be neat if Eevee had a special tie to the GSC legendary beasts, because they are fire, water, and electric like the original eons.

linkslegacy89

The Legacy Resides Within
    Years
  • Hi!...

Iveechan said:
    It took me awhile to find out that Umbra was latin for dark/shade. I also think it would be neat if Eevee had a special tie to the GSC legendary beasts, because they are fire, water, and electric like the original eons.
    That is quite interesting. Also consider the three Legendary Birds Moltres, Articuno, and Zapdos. In general, there is usually a base root, as some people have mentioned. However, we cannot forget that they originally had Japanese titles...
    ZAP-dos = Lightening
    ARTIC-Uno= Ice
    MOL-tres= Fire ("Mol" as in "Molten"... Possibly a Latin root as well)
    Hey, Uno, dos tres...
    Never mind ;)
    Oh yeah... Some of the names refer back to their Japanese roots.
    For example, Raikou is Japanese for Thunder (or maybe Lightening...)
    Entei, I think, is volcano...
    Etc.
    Riad

A.J

Years
  • thats good,well i definetly agree

and like tyranatar ,Tyranosaurus and slamance,Salamandra and metagross i think it might be Metiorite, so it's true

Back