• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Eevee as a starter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
Years
It would be a intresting idea, there would be so many ways to go about evolving, instead of thousands of threads asking "Which is better Torchic or Mudkip?", there could be "Which Eveelution did you choose?", much more intresting in my opinion

Vivva, the types pretty much do the same as the type strenght, Jolteon (Electric) > Vaporeon (Water) > Flareon (Fire) > Glaceon (Ice) > Leafeon (Grass). Then there is the Umbreon (Dark) > Espeon (Psychic). Not exactly what you wanted I know, but still lol

Peanutz

So i herd you leik peanutz?
Years
Vaporeon, Leafeon and Flareon? Not Leafeon Becuase u can get one in Eterna...
I would say more like Eevee (later on Eterna or Snowpoint) Vaporeon and Flareon...

Well, you can get Eevee in the Trophy Garden.
And the reason I said Leafeon should be one is because in all the handheld Pokemon games, you would have the choice of a Fire, Water, or Grass type.
Another thing, why would you want a starter that could evolve into the two other starters?

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2021
Because you dont have to make the decision right away.

Years
Sounds like a great idea. Although it'll break the traditional fire-water-grass starters.

Wouldn't mind seeing ROM hack of it though.

dialga493

Dragon Master
Years
OMG if Eevee was a starter it better learn good moves...

wait wasn't Eevee the starter in Pokemon XD?

anyway I hate eevee but eh it wouldn't be that bad to have something other than a grass/fire/water choice...

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
OMG if Eevee was a starter it better learn good moves...

wait wasn't Eevee the starter in Pokemon XD?

anyway I hate eevee but eh it wouldn't be that bad to have something other than a grass/fire/water choice...

Oh gosh, at least like it a little bit, eevee was born in the pokemon world for people to like it...i like it...

Is it just me...? I've always found Eevee sort of....bland.

How could u be so mean to eevees?

DGexe

Taunter
Years
Eevee as a starter-- nein.

Yes, I adore the lil' guy-- I even have a Vaporeon, a Jolteon, and an Espeon on my Diamond team. However, having Eevee would throw off the "rock-paper-scissors" concept of the starters (this is primarily speaking for the handheld games).

Eevee is a normal type. If I remember, normal types have no elemental resistances, strenghts, or weaknesses. The point of the starters of the handheld games is to have the rock-paper-scissors concept. Grass >beats> Water >beats> Fire >beats> Grass.

Rinse and repeat.

Yellow version is the exception to this because at the time, they were following the anime. Ash gets Pikachu, protagonist gets Pikachu. Tada~.

Ahem, but moving back. As someone already mentioned, Eevee is too versitaile. It has 7 evolutions (for each of the Special-move types, I believe-- I read somewhere that dragon is the last one of these types/moves to be created). If the aforementioned is true, imagine a trainer with a dragon-type level 10... ? Let us just hope that if such a thing was to occur, the way to get a dragon-type Eeveelution was really, really tricky...

So I'm against Eevee as a starter, primarily because of the "HolyCrapEvolutions!" and that it ruins the handheld's concept of rock-paper-scissors starter choices. If they could keep to that, I'd be fine with it, but... yeah, you can't do that with a Normal type.

Years
  • Seen May 28, 2016

Yes, I adore the lil' guy-- I even have a Vaporeon, a Jolteon, and an Espeon on my Diamond team. However, having Eevee would throw off the "rock-paper-scissors" concept of the starters (this is primarily speaking for the handheld games).

Eevee is a normal type. If I remember, normal types have no elemental resistances, strenghts, or weaknesses. The point of the starters of the handheld games is to have the rock-paper-scissors concept. Grass >beats> Water >beats> Fire >beats> Grass.

Rinse and repeat.

Yellow version is the exception to this because at the time, they were following the anime. Ash gets Pikachu, protagonist gets Pikachu. Tada~.

Ahem, but moving back. As someone already mentioned, Eevee is too versitaile. It has 7 evolutions (for each of the Special-move types, I believe-- I read somewhere that dragon is the last one of these types/moves to be created). If the aforementioned is true, imagine a trainer with a dragon-type level 10... ? Let us just hope that if such a thing was to occur, the way to get a dragon-type Eeveelution was really, really tricky...

So I'm against Eevee as a starter, primarily because of the "HolyCrapEvolutions!" and that it ruins the handheld's concept of rock-paper-scissors starter choices. If they could keep to that, I'd be fine with it, but... yeah, you can't do that with a Normal type.

you could eliminate the rock paper scissors concept if prof. oak offered a fire, waterstone and they changed the way leafeon evolved then problem solved. Your rival would just pick the stone that's stronger than your choice....

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
you could eliminate the rock paper scissors concept if prof. oak offered a fire, waterstone and they changed the way leafeon evolved then problem solved. Your rival would just pick the stone that's stronger than your choice....

Good point...and they could make Leafeon evolve with a leaf stone!

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
Years
I like Eevee, because I really love Umbreon and Jolteon, but I don't think it should be a starter. Eevee is a weak pokemon in the game. Admit it, all you want to do is get it to evolve quickly and power up that pokemon. But if you really want an Eevee starter, play Gale of Darkness or a hacked game. Personally, I just miss the original starters: Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle. And, also, every kid and their mother has an Eevee as a starter in fanfiction, which is absoultely horrible now a days because its so hard to find good quality. If there was some good form and only the occasional Eevee, it wouldn't be too bad.

GoldenBagon

Banned
Years
  • Seen Apr 15, 2017

Rinse and repeat.

You Could Brake The Pokemon Tradition And Make it so you have to choose a eevee and u make 1 rival in later game(has a a eeveelution thats super effective against yours and if you still have eevee he/she has eevee)

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
Years
There's already an Eevee starter in PMD's, so I want to have a eevee starter in RPG games! Especially Umbreon and Glaceon, they're so cool... : 3

EffervescentEevee

Eevee Breeder
Years
I would LOVE to have Eevee as a starter!!!

I really wish I could chose it over Pikachu in Yellow.

I loved finishing Diamond. Once I had all the Eeveelutions, I travelled around using different sets of 6 of them. I wish I could've battled all the gym leaders and the elite with them.

That would be my definition of Pokémon heaven.:D

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
if your reading this you can have eevee as a starter if you download advance starter open your rom on it and change one of them to an eevee

you can also make them hold an item

i like to make them hold a bicycle

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Holy crap this thread is old. Don't revive threads so old please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back