• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Eevee team

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2014
    As a spoof, I wanted to do an entirely eevee evolution team.
    Espeon: Magic bounce
    Vaporeon: hydration
    Jolteon: volt absorb
    Umbreon: inner focus
    Sylveon: cute charm
    Leafeon: leaf guard
    I don't know what moves yet, but I am open to suggestions.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Despite Espeon's offensive-leaning stats, it should use a support set because other Psychics do offensive roles better:
    -Reflect
    -Light Screen
    -Psychic/Psyshock/Yawn
    -Baton Pass
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 Spe
    Item: Light Clay
    Ability: Magic Bounce

Hydration isn't worth using anymore because Drizzle got nerfed to only last 5 turns (8 with Damp Rock). While Water Absorb is redundant with Vaporeon's Water resistance, it's still the superior ability because it compensates for Vaporeon's lack of reliable recovery (while Wish does provide recovery on it, it can be unreliable at times):
    -Wish
    -Protect
    -Scald
    -Ice Beam/Roar/Toxic/Heal Bell
    Nature: Bold
    EVs: 248 HP/252 Def/8 SDef
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Water Absorb

Nothing much to say about Jolteon, really:
    -Thunderbolt
    -Volt Switch
    -Signal Beam/Shadow Ball
    -Hidden Power (Water/Ice/Grass)
    EVs: 4 Def/252 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb/Choice Specs
    Ability: Volt Absorb

or
    -Substitute
    -Baton Pass
    -Thunderbolt
    -Wish/Hidden Power (Grass)
    EVs: 80 HP/252 SAtk/176 Spe
    Ability: Volt Absorb

Inner Focus isn't worth it. Synchronize is the superior ability to discourage opponents from statusing Umbreon:
    -Wish
    -Protect
    -Foul Play
    -Heal Bell/Toxic
    Nature: Calm
    EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SDef
    Ability: Synchronize

Sylveon's only ability should be Pixilate, as it makes Hyper Voice stronger than Moonblast. However, it doesn't affect moves that are already Fairy type. If this is a cartridge team, just stick to Moonblast + Cute Charm, but take note that it won't be as effective as the Hyper Voice + Pixilate version:
    -Wish
    -Protect
    -Hyper Voice
    -Heal Bell
    Nature: Bold
    EVs: 252 HP/216 Def/40 SDef
    Ability: Pixilate

or
    -Hyper Voice
    -Psyshock
    -Shadow Ball
    -Hidden Power (Fire/Ground)/Baton Pass
    Nature: Modest
    EVs: 244 HP/252 SAtk/12 Spe
    Item: Choice Specs
    Ability: Pixilate

Not much to say about Leafeon, either:
    -Swords Dance
    -Leaf Blade
    -Knock Off/Double-Edge/Return
    -Baton Pass/Synthesis/X-Scissor
    Nature: Jolly/Adamant
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb/Meadow Plate/Miracle Seed

Years
    • He/Him
    • CT
    • Seen May 14, 2021
    Strictly speaking, *p ice is best for jolteon, cause it allows for special attack, speed, and hp to be max iv (hp does not have to be, and is best for the variable stat).

Same goes for *p fire on Sylveon. Though neither can have max iv in special attack, *p fire has max iv in defense and hp, while *p ground is in attack and hp. Defense is far more useful.

Of course, my calculations could be off, so don't take my word for it solely

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2014
    That was actually very helpful and gave me an idea where to go. I am just curious as to why hyper voice and pixilate. I thought about going pixilate, but my friends are like that's stupid so wondering about the thought process

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • That was actually very helpful and gave me an idea where to go. I am just curious as to why hyper voice and pixilate. I thought about going pixilate, but my friends are like that's stupid so wondering about the thought process

As I mentioned, Sylveon's Pixilated Hyper Voices out damage its Moonblasts. Also, Pixilate doesn't affect moves that are already Fairy type, as I already mentioned before. Read for more info

Calcs:

252+ SpA Choice Specs Sylveon Moonblast vs. 228 HP / 0 SpD Azumarill: 273-322 (68.5 - 80.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Pixilate Sylveon Hyper Voice vs. 228 HP / 0 SpD Azumarill: 337-397 (84.6 - 99.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    That was actually very helpful and gave me an idea where to go. I am just curious as to why hyper voice and pixilate. I thought about going pixilate, but my friends are like that's stupid so wondering about the thought process
    Pixilated Hyper Voices are pretty powerful and also have the added bonus of ignoring Substitutes and Light Screen. It's half the reason why Mega Gardevoir and Sylveon are common in competitive battles.

Years
    • He/Him
    • CT
    • Seen May 14, 2021
    The real difference is if you wanna breed that love, because eevee does not naturally learn it. It is worth it to most, but I know some do not have the previous generation games still. It has to be bred in generation V

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • The real difference is if you wanna breed that love, because eevee does not naturally learn it. It is worth it to most, but I know some do not have the previous generation games still. It has to be bred in generation V

Correction: Hyper Voice is a tutor move in Black 2/White 2. It's not one of Eevee's egg moves.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Why does Vaporeon have hydration? Its default is much better.

Sylveon should have Pixilate because its just broken when used with hyper beam

I already answered why for both questions.

Hyper Beam is just so unreliable in the metagame because of the charge-up turn giving the opponent time to do whatever they want. Hyper Voice is the more reliable Normal STAB to be Pixilated.

Years
    • He/Him
    • CT
    • Seen May 14, 2021
    I originally suggested hydration. It heals status effects at the end of turn, and with rest and rain dance, that's some nice regen plus anti-effect. Toxic, burn, even paralyze is useless. Add ice beam and scald, decent power, nice tank, plus status effect attack moves. Odd set up in an all eevee team, but that was my intent. You did that anyways, so...

Back