• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Eevee

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Haunter lv.38

Chimecho lv.33

Swampert lv.40

Skarmory lv.11

Absol lv.33

Eevee lv.5

Eevee's nature and IV's

Hasty nature

10 attack
    9 defense
    10 sp. attack
    12 sp. defence
    12 speed

Just use a sun stone/ moon stone to get Espeon and Umbreon
    First off, you can only use the Sun Stone/Moon Stone on Eevee in XD. It will not work in RSE. As for your team, Swampert is a great choice. Haunter will be too if you can evolve it into Gengar. The other Pokemon will cause problems if you are not careful. Basically it stems on whether you want a challenge in-game or not. With how your team is presently constituted, I would suggest you go with Jolteon.

The nature sure isn't that great though and if those are truly the IVs (to me they appear to be its stats for Lv5, I think) then I wouldn't even touch that Eevee. I would breed it for a Timid Nature and get as close to 31 IV in SAtk and Spd as possible.

Also don't worry about a lack of Fire-type. They are HIGHLY overrated and unnecessary.

Ehwick

Pkmn Trainer
    Years
  • First off, you can only use the Sun Stone/Moon Stone on Eevee in XD. It will not work in RSE. As for your team, Swampert is a great choice. Haunter will be too if you can evolve it into Gengar. The other Pokemon will cause problems if you are not careful. Basically it stems on whether you want a challenge in-game or not. With how your team is presently constituted, I would suggest you go with Jolteon.

The nature sure isn't that great though and if those are truly the IVs (to me they appear to be its stats for Lv5, I think) then I wouldn't even touch that Eevee. I would breed it for a Timid Nature and get as close to 31 IV in SAtk and Spd as possible.

Also don't worry about a lack of Fire-type. They are HIGHLY overrated and unnecessary.

Emerald 386 sun stone/moon stone works =p lol

Necrono

perfect day.
    Years
  • I'd suggest you go with Jolteon. Also, try teaching it Thunderbolt. Thundershock won't do his 110 special attack base stat any justice!

Ripper

The Dark Knight
    Years
  • Assuming you're just looking for a Pokemon for your in game team I would go with either Jolteon or Vaporeon. Fire type really isn't that useful in Emerald with the E4 having lots of Water and Ground moves, it's more useful in R/S. Since you're using Vaporeon Jolteon is probably the way to go.

Now that I think about it, you can't actually get Eevee in Emerald until after you get the National Dex... So where did you get this Eevee from? And have you already defeted the League..?

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
  • As for your team, Swampert is a great choice.

Swampert is definitely a good choice; I trained one up, while I was trying to get my Emerald to the point where I could use it for the Move Tutors. XD

Now that I think about it, you can't actually get Eevee in Emerald until after you get the National Dex... So where did you get this Eevee from? And have you already defeted the League..?

It's possible to trade with Colosseum to Emerald without having the National Dex; though I personally haven't traded National Dex Pokemon to my Emerald, (I did, however, trade my Seadra with a DragonScale to it, using Colosseum's Makuhita as the trade subject) while I didn't have the National Dex, before the Elite Four. It's quite possible that you can, and likely that they traded Espeon/Umbreon to their Emerald, so that they could breed it, and get another Eevee. However, I don't know if it is possible to get Female 'eons, in Colosseum, as I've never tried. (when it came to breeding, I had Ditto, since I'd finished the Elite Four before I started messing with trading, for real)

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    Looking at your team I think flareon.
    I mean you need something to stamp out those Grass/Bug/Steel pokemon, and you can teach electric moves to Haunter or Chimecho I think.
    But Jolteon would be a good choice too.

Sir Matt

Ultimate Trainer of Dragons
    Years
  • Looking at your team I think flareon.
    I mean you need something to stamp out those Grass/Bug/Steel pokemon, and you can teach electric moves to Haunter or Chimecho I think.
    True, those both would be a great choice. I mean, you want a well balanced team, right? Well, you can't add Espeon/Umbreon cuz of absol and chimecho.
    Vaporeon will only take up space, you already have a water type in your party (Swampert) I think you should either go with Jolteon or Flareon. Of course, if you don't want to, you don't have to.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    It's possible to trade with Colosseum to Emerald without having the National Dex; though I personally haven't traded National Dex Pokemon to my Emerald, (I did, however, trade my Seadra with a DragonScale to it, using Colosseum's Makuhita as the trade subject) while I didn't have the National Dex, before the Elite Four. It's quite possible that you can, and likely that they traded Espeon/Umbreon to their Emerald, so that they could breed it, and get another Eevee. However, I don't know if it is possible to get Female 'eons, in Colosseum, as I've never tried. (when it came to breeding, I had Ditto, since I'd finished the Elite Four before I started messing with trading, for real)
    You cannot trade non-Hoenn Pokemon to Emerald before you defeat the Weak 4. You traded Makuhita from Colosseum, which is a Hoenn Pokemon. Only RS are able to trade non-Hoenn Pokemon at the start of the game.

Looking at your team I think flareon.
    Fire-types are overrated. Too many HUGE weaknesses to be considered effective. It is the easiest type to work around, either having a non-Fire Poke with a Fire move, or covering with Ice/Flying/Rock, all moves that should be prevalent on a good competitive team. Flareon is the weakest of the evos.

True, those both would be a great choice. I mean, you want a well balanced team, right? Well, you can't add Espeon/Umbreon cuz of absol and chimecho.
    Vaporeon will only take up space, you already have a water type in your party (Swampert) I think you should either go with Jolteon or Flareon. Of course, if you don't want to, you don't have to.
    Replacing Absol with Umbreon or Chimecho with Espeon would be a tremendous improvement, but as you said, it is up to him. Unless you want to restructure the entire team, Jolteon would be the best choice.

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    Fire-types are overrated. Too many HUGE weaknesses to be considered effective. It is the easiest type to work around, either having a non-Fire Poke with a Fire move, or covering with Ice/Flying/Rock, all moves that should be prevalent on a good competitive team. Flareon is the weakest of the evos.

Good fire types are hard to come by on emerald, If you didn't start with Torchic I think a fire type is a good idea, You do come across of leaf/bug types and a few steel throughout the game. But of course that is just my opinion I'm not saying i'm completely right and as I said Jolteon would also be a good choice.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Flareon is not the ideal picture of a good fire type. Its Attack stat is way too high and its Special is pretty poor. I'd actually rather use an Alakazam with Fire Punch. Battle Frontier FTW!

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    I prefer Salamence with Fire Blast, but the point is made.

As for the game, Taillow is available very early on to deal with any Grass or Bug-type and most in-game Steel-types are of the Ground or Rock secondary type variety, allowing a Water or Grass move to remove them easily. While Fire-types just aren't necessary, everyone does have their favorites. I admit I always started with Charmander back in the RBY days because Charizard was the coolest. Unfortunately as we have seen too many times in Pokemon, cool or cute doesn't typically equal good.

Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2014
    I would say that Jolteon is the best, although a TM for Thunderbolt can work too.

BrainDamage

Vinyl Jockey
    Years
  • It works on the Emerald 386 ROM.. and Shiny Gold..

first: shiny gold is a hack of fireRed where there is no internal clock, so Zel had to make up for that fact.

Second: to my knowledge there's no patch for the internal clock on an emerald ROM like there is for ruby and sapphire, so the uploader of the ROM had to go in and change evolutions of those pokemon in order to make them obtainable

Back