• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Eevee

Years
  • eevee.png

Eevee can be obtained in RBY in Celadon City, in the Pokémon Mansion - this is the only location it's available.

Did you use Eevee on your team? Do you remember what you evolved it into?

Years
  • I obtained Eevee, and I did evolve him. My choice was a Flareon. I just liked Flareon's design the most of the three Kanto eeveelutions, even though Vaporeon and Jolteon are stronger, particularly in the debut generation, the warm red color scheme of it's fox fur color, big, shiny dark eyes and flowing, bushy told mane endeared me more to him.

Flareon didn't see a whole lot of action on my first playthrough of Pokemon Yellow, one reason was because I took the gift Charmander (and all the other Kanto starters) earlier, so I had a Charmeleon by that point in the game, but I believe I did still bring Flareon with me to Erika's gym. One time I also used Flareon on a mono fire type play.

Years
  • First three times playing through I took turns evolving Eevee into Vaporeon, Flareon, and Jolteon. Vaporeon was my favorite and it helped me alot against Giovanni on Yellow.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • I probably evolved it into Vaporeon since it was my favorite Eeveelution as a kid. Adored that TOPPS card of it dissolving into a puddle. Can't remember if I actually kept it on my team though, playing Gen. I mostly for glitches.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    If I didn't choose Charmander as a starter, I always went with Flareon (this was before I knew how awful it was). Then I usually would grind for a Pikachu in the Viridian Forest, so I never really used Jolteon much. And knowing I'd get Lapras later, Vaporeon seemed redundant, though it was probably what I chose the most out of all my play through. I think Vaporeon is adorable, haha.

But at this point I've played and replayed the game so many times and used / ignored all of the available Eevee evolutions. Though.. I don't remember doing a play through where I just kept it as an Eevee, hmm. Might be something fun to try!

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    I only had an Eevee in my team once, in my first or second Gen 2 playthrough, which evolved into Umbreon. Terrible choice btw, Umbreon was super tedious to level up as it took its sweet time to defeat anything, with its best STAB move being Feint Attack and it couldn't even stall properly until getting Toxic TM in the post-game either.

I considered having other of its evolutions a few times, but allways found kinda hard to fit them on my teams so ended up going with something else.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I remember evolving it into a Flareon because I loved fire types at the time.

Years
  • Vaporeon in Blue. Named it Jelly. It reminded me of Jelly so....Jelly it was. I think I still have that game Pokemon Blue somewhere in my room.

EDIT: A quick search in my room. I found my Blue copy.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Vaguely recalls deciding between Flareon and Jolteon. (Started with Squirtle.) Chose Jolteon on appearance. May not have evolved it until postgame, though.

agravedigger

Fossil Maniac
    Years
  • gosh yes! cliché, I know, but eevee is one of my favorites! first time I ever played Pokemon, it was Red and I decided to use vaporeon because it's very gracious and can swim. also absolutely disappearing in water!? I'm sold! nowadays I prefer to use jolteon in gen1 because gyarados/lapras are very solid water mons.

Back