• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Eeveelutions

Which is your favorite Eeveelution? (Explain in post)

• Vaporeon

Votes: 9 8.5%
  • Jolteon

Votes: 20 18.9%
  • Flareon

Votes: 9 8.5%
  • Espeon

Votes: 21 19.8%
  • Umbreon

Votes: 25 23.6%
  • Glaceon

Votes: 12 11.3%
  • Leafeon

Votes: 10 9.4%

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2009
    I like Jolteon the most, he fits in perfectly with my Platinum team, until I decide to catch a Pikachu, when he is dumped in the PC

Converge

Take One Last Breath
    Years
    Umbreon and Vaporeon are tied for my favorite, my least favorite, is a tie between flareon and Jolteon

Medli

I am Error.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2010
    Here is my ranking and comments (from highest to lowest):

Umbreon (is mostly due to design. But why couldn't you have better attack stat? Still love it though. One of mine once took down Lance's Dragonite in Silver even though he was severely underleveled.)
    Leafeon (needs more love. I'm not into most Grass types, so consider this a compliment, Leafeon.)
    Jolteon (I used to not like it, but then I used one in FireRed and he was amazing.)
    Espeon (is overrated, but I like the design. If I want a Psychic type, however, I'd pick a Gardevoir anyday.)
    Eevee (just because. He's cute.)
    Flareon (is one of my least favorite Fire types, which is saying something because I love Fire, but he's so cute. At least you're above Magcargo. Consider that a compliment.)
    Glaceon (is overrated. Give me a Glalie or Mamoswine anyday.)
    Vaporeon (I've never liked the design. I've always been a Fire type user when I was a little, so I hated most Water types with a passion.)

Actually, other that the overrated-ness of some Eeveelutions (I consider Umbreon a little overrated, too) I love most of them. Except Vaporeon.

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
    God, not another one....XD

QFT

In descending order of usefulness:

1. Vaporeon - The only one of them that's consistently useful because it can defend and attack, unlike Umbreon. Can take hits like a champ, and dish them back out with suprising force. Definitely the best of the seven most overrated Pokemon in the game, and deserves any and all praise thrown at it.

2. Jolteon - Strong and fast, but that's about it. Priority and Scarf wearers own it dead. But it's soooooo cute!

3. Umbreon - Can defend decently and can be a better physical sponge (I think?) than Vaporeon, but can't do much else but tank and Wishpass, which Vaporeon can do so much better. But it's soooooo cute!

4. Espeon - Overwhelmingly average. It's severely outclassed as a sweeper by Alakazam, who has better Special Attack and Speed, in addition to (barely) a better movepool, and Azelf, who trades 5 base Special Attack for 5 Speed, and can hit from the physical end just as hard as it hits from the special end, unlike Espeon. In the UU environment (Espeon? UU? Yes, it's a reality, children.), it's ditched in favor of Claydol and Uxie because stall teams are more prevelant there and a ground immunity and more-than-decent defense is what you need in a Psychic-type to deal with Fighters like Hitmontop and friends. Contrary to popular belief, it's overrated and not quite as useful as most would like to believe. It's an OK fighter, but it's ridiculously predictable, as it's often going to be packing Psychic/Hidden Power Fire or Ground/Signal Beam/Shadow Ball, the only four attacks that are even half-decent on it. But it's soooooo cute!

5. Glaceon - It goes all downhill from here. Stealth Rock is not a kind move to a lot of Pokemon in general, and when you're Ice-type, you really are the worst out of all of the bunch who get owned by the move. You're weak to Rock, Fighting and Fire, three of the game's most prevelant attacking types. Glaceon's movepool, like all of the Eeveelutions, is incredibly shallow; it learns a STAB move, can make use of Hidden Power, and can learn Shadow Ball. ohwait, where have I seen this before? Put off already? It's got 65/60/95 defenses and resists but one type, and in NU, nobody uses Ice as an attacking type where there are no Dragons. But it's soooooo cute!

6. Leafeon - It has Swords Dance and great Attack, yeah. Too bad it only has STAB Leaf Blade and X-Scissor to support that. In NU, where virtually everything takes 0.25 damage from this, it's a hard life for this little leafy Pokemon. But it's soooooo cute!

7. Flareon - ...When your best way to abuse that 130 base Attack on a STAB is in a 55 BP move, you know you fail. Hardcore. But it's soooooo cute!

I know I might pick on the Eeveelutions a lot, but when they suck so much and people still love them for no reason other than their aesthetic appeal, it's simple to understand why. But they're soooooo cute!

Last edited:

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
    Prepare for my blahblahblah about the Eeveelutions, lol.

Alright, as far as favorites go, my number 1 pick is Espeon, because it looks elegant, mysterious, and cool and because it is one of the best Special Sweepers and Psychic-types ever made, among average Pokemon (No Ubers). I almost always evolve my first Eevee in a game into Espeon if I can.

My second would have to be Umbreon, not much because of its competitive capabilites, but because of its appearance. When I first saw Umbreon in Crystal Version, I wanted one soooo friggin badly! It's dark, mysterious, and just plain bad-ass.

My third would definitly be Leafeon, mostly because of the novelty of Eevee finally having a Grass-type evo, lol.

As for my least favorite, but I still like it a lot, it'd have to be Jolteon. I just hate its move pool and its appearance in most games is rather unappealing to me.

Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2010
    my opinion is based by its looks, so my favorite is umbreon and my least favorite is leafeon =)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Jolteon. idk, can't remember why it's my favourite, but it just is. :3

FluffyShaymin

A fluffy lil Shaymin
    Years
    My two favorites are Leafeon and Umbreon. They just look so stunning.
    Although I do love all Eeveelutions, my least fav would have to be Flareon, it's a good Pokemon, but it never really jumped out at me like the others.

Lana.

*spin*
    Years
    Espeon is my favorite, of course! =3 I just love 'em. Fast and powerful is my favorite combination.

As for least favorites, probably Flareon. Meh. It's stats are poorly distributed and such, and I never really liked it.

I'm still holding out for that dragon-type evolution.

Kendall

Fool of a Took
    Years
    Jolteon. He looks pretty badass and hes one of the originals. I do like leafeon and galceon too though. As far as a new eeveelution, how about a poison type called Toxeon (toxic)? Or flying, Aveon (avian)?

Only thing is, if you noticed, they have used only special elemental types and not physical types for eevee. The only special type left is dragon.

*Charizard*

Velocity
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2012
    My favorite is umbreon and the shiny form is even better. A close second would be Leafeon just because I think it looks cool.

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2011
    Jolteon is defiantly my favorite Eeveelution. I like electric types, and it's design reminds me of a herding dog, which I think is cool. Here we go:

Order of Preference:
    1. Jolteon
    2. Eevee
    3. Umbreon
    4. Vaporeon
    5. Flareon
    6. Espeon
    7. Glaceon
    8. Leafeon

I really hate the Sinnoh Eeveelutions. A lot.

nidorina

Ash Ketchum groupie~1998♥
    Years
    Vaporeon is my favorite... always has been.
    It probably started out with my love of the Water type, which was because Misty was a Water Pokemon trainer.
    Now I just think Vaporeon is a pretty, awesome Pokemon.
    It's my favorite Pokemon ever :3
    Flareon is my second favorite, it's just adorable.

Back