• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Effective method to farm the E4 for pokecash

Snork

My cabbages!
Years
  • Most of you know that sticking an amulet coin on a pokemon and makings use of O-powers can reward you with a nice sum of money. I'd like to share an effective way to make use of your O-powers to earn the big bucks in the Elite 4 in a short amount of time.

First off, O-powers last for 3 minutes (unless you like taking your DS for walks in the morning) and at lvl 3 the prize-money one cost 6 to use. With prize money power active + the amulet coin you're looking at 385,920 pokedollars per E4 run. However, with only 10 O-power charges and ~6min individual reacharge rate it seems hard to have a prize-money power active for all 5 fights.

Here's the main idea...
    O-power effects last until the end of a battle regardless if their time may run out during the batte, so what if you could activate it just before a fight then wipe an E4 member out, run and start the next battle all within 3 minutes? Doing so you can rake up 156,000 pokedollars in ~6mins work. You're going to be sitting on 5 O-power charges left, so what you can do is either use a lvl 2 one and take on the next two members to earn 104,000 or wait another 6 mins (use gts, wonder trade or take a short break) and go again.

Here's the method...
    Spoiler:

Spend your cash wisely!

Feel free to ask me if you have any questions :)
    Happy farming!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2014
    Suggestion: Let your Pokemon die to Diantha after you run out of O-powers and go farm the Battle Chateu (I find the old people consistently give 10-20k per fight). This way you don't have to deal with the end credit (unless you can somehow skip it that I didn't notice) and can make really good money while you wait.

Edit: In six minutes with both gold and silver writs I can get 75k. In 30 minutes it should be nearly 400k. Soo...

e4 method, 300k pokedollars for everyone but Diantha, die, buy two writs at the chateu, fight for half an hour, gain 400k, means after 42 minutes you should have roughly 500k the first run. All subsequent runs that day will leave you with about 700k after 42 minutes.

Last edited:

Monte Blanc

The White Rabbit
    Years
  • OR, or, or...

Go to Restaurant Leh Wow, activate Prize Money O-Power Lv.3, slap the Amulet Coin on your lead/one of them, and proceed to battle.

The daunting 100,000 entry fee may seem outrageous and counterproductive, but using the Coin + O-Power combo, you actually come out with a profit of about 40,000~. You also get Balm Mushrooms at the end of each five-trainer-run, which you can then sell for big bucks~

YourMindOnACID

Mustaine for prez \m/
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2014
    I've been using the Le Wow method, but the chateau method does seem more efficient in the long run. That is, if there was ever a need to have such an astronomical amount of cash. Aside from the 1,000,000 Charizardite, there's not a whole lot you'd need millions for. You can buy all the TM's and enough ultra balls to get through a nuclear winter with another million tops, and although the cost of IV breeding can add up I guess, it'll only put a small dent in your cash.

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2014
    True. But there's expensive stones and clothes to buy, and I also like going and buying 100 of everything I need so I don't run out. And Also trying to catch a Ditto with 4 Perfect IVs means I need a lot of Dusk/Repeat balls, along with a ton of Repels for Radar hunting. I almost have everything there is to buy, so unless they add new clothes or let you transfer money (or add an items section to the Pokemon Bank?!) I probably have too much money.

YourMindOnACID

Mustaine for prez \m/
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2014
    Yeah, if you want to stockpile all of the items and clothes, it'd help having a ton of cash. The special Pokeballs cost less than Ultra balls though, so using those is even less expensive.

It'd definitely be cool if they released new clothes. Imagine they added unique, super expensive clothing that was only available for limited amount of time before the next unique item took its place? I'd farm cash all day, hahah...

An item section to the bank would be awesome. My Scizor is lonely without its flying gem.

Snork

My cabbages!
    Years
  • I honestly haven't tried the resturants. I just discovered this method while I was trying to lvl up low mons by farming the E4. Do you get good exp in the resturants??

Years
  • I hadn't thought about it either! haha I am definitely going to use the method the next time I go to the League and I am using it right now at the Battle Chateu! :) thanks for opening my eyes haha

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2014
    I've been using the Le Wow method, but the chateau method does seem more efficient in the long run. That is, if there was ever a need to have such an astronomical amount of cash. Aside from the 1,000,000 Charizardite, there's not a whole lot you'd need millions for. You can buy all the TM's and enough ultra balls to get through a nuclear winter with another million tops, and although the cost of IV breeding can add up I guess, it'll only put a small dent in your cash.

Dude... if you always tip 1000 in Le Wow, your style goes up and the guy gives you the mega stones for like 300,000 each.

Years
  • Dude... if you always tip 1000 in Le Wow, your style goes up and the guy gives you the mega stones for like 300,000 each.

You can get theega stones wayyyy cheaper. I'm on second run through of x only have 5 badges and already have him down to 100,000. I'm going to continue to use the resteraunts to help evolve stuff fory dex I'm going to see how low he will go before I purchase one. I read somewhere he will go as low as 10,000

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2014
    You can get theega stones wayyyy cheaper. I'm on second run through of x only have 5 badges and already have him down to 100,000. I'm going to continue to use the resteraunts to help evolve stuff fory dex I'm going to see how low he will go before I purchase one. I read somewhere he will go as low as 10,000

I had thought that was the case. I maxed my style out about a month ago and didnt remember exactly how much i pauf for the stones

KoolKat vs. Lucas

KoolKat Gold
    Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2013
    About credit-skipping (which I saw earlier, sorry if its fixed already) just hold the A button. The credits will go about 2-3 times as fast.

Back