• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Effects of pokemonidus (bad disease name)

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
    Years
    Why are people so obsessed with relationships? Being in a relationship doesn't make you a better person.

Any ways, we are getting way off topic.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    I think the only thing we can take from this is that all the chicks in school are only hot for the guys with the awesome Pokemon, obviously.

That screams win. XD It really does.​

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    Meh, shes not hot, so stop asking that people. Plus, even if she was, I wouldnt care, I'm not after dating, all I need is my books and I'm good for life.
    LULZ

Now, to actually add to the topic =D
    In the school that I used to go to NO ONE liked pokemon, like, at all. Sure, some people played it, but they were those peeps who think that hyper beam and blast burn are cool moves and that fire and dragon types are the best thing to happen to pokemon ever. There was this one kid in most of my classes (I used to go to a public school) that openly liked pokemon. We sorta became acquaintences, not really friends, but we got along. The only problem was, once we started talking about pokemon, he would never really shut up, and at the worst times too. He would be talking SO loud, right when people were around. Now, as I mentioned before, the people at this school were the type who judged the games completely on the show. It seems all my friends are terrible at being discreit -_- Eventually, he left the school, which was fine by me since he started to get on my nerves a lot (no one really liked him). So, yeah, my experience is sorta like that, except it was more about some n00b who talked too loud xD

Ninetales1

Japan-flavoured Europhile
    Years
    I think the only thing we can take from this is that all the chicks in school are only hot for the guys with the awesome Pokemon, obviously.

I think it works the other way too. My first boyfriend fell in love with me when he saw me playing Pokemon Ruby on my GBA.

Er-hem, back on track. I think another version of Pokemonitis takes the form of being overly excited or disappointed when something happens in a Pokemon game. For example, the other day I was sitting in a train while playing Emerald. When I caught Regice, I gasped in excitement, so loudly that the woman sitting next to me looked at me funny. Maybe I have a case of Pokemonitis, or maybe that's just fanaticism. At least I don't go begging everyone for Pokemon.

Maybe that same version of Pokemonitis causes me to spend hours training my Pokemon when I could be doing something more productive. But a lot of times we just don't feel like doing productive things, no?

Back