• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Egg hatching in X & Y. Could it have been made easier?

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    For me, egg hatching has always been a pain in the behind, so I'm glad that X& Y introduced O-Powers, and had Egg Hatching power. Though I'm none too pleased that getting it required high style in Lumiose, since I wasn't interested in leveling up my style other than to get clothing from the Lumiose boutique. (and even style points for that was kind of bs)

But I digress. There's a lot of things made easier in the X&Y games, some for the better, some for the worst, and egg hatching was one of them...definitely made better.

But while trying to egg grind for my shiny Eevee (which I finally got, after many years. Yay me!), I got to thinking that egg hatching should be made easier still, shouldn't it? I mean, I dunno about anyone else, but I just hate having to clear my party to make room for all the eggs I'm carrying around. I like having my familiar poke' pals along with me, and not in some stuffy PC box, so what if Nintendo/ GF threw the egg hoarders/ hatchers/ breeders a bone and made an item that would allow easier egg carrying without removing the familiars from your party slots? Like a badge case or the berry pots in previous gens, there could be an Egg Incubator item or something, that would allow you to carry a max. of 6 eggs at a time, without having to clear room in your party for them. I think it'd be pretty nifty.

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2014
    I think it would be nice if end game we got a farm like a larger area for our berries, our own daycare area with an incubator etc.

Maybe have the incubator so we can put up to 6 eggs in it along with a 'Nesting' Pokemon (like something with flame body) setting the incubator to different temperatures could influence nature and stats along with the regular breeding.

Baby Pokemon (that cant fight) but need to be leveled up to 5-10 with affection via pokemon-amie would be neat too. I always found it weird pokemon are hatched full grown a lot of times.

Just maybe more farm/breeding etc after the elite 4 and story... I know HM fans would like it XD

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    I think it would be nice if end game we got a farm like a larger area for our berries, our own daycare area with an incubator etc.

Maybe have the incubator so we can put up to 6 eggs in it along with a 'Nesting' Pokemon (like something with flame body) setting the incubator to different temperatures could influence nature and stats along with the regular breeding.

Baby Pokemon (that cant fight) but need to be leveled up to 5-10 with affection via pokemon-amie would be neat too. I always found it weird pokemon are hatched full grown a lot of times.

Just maybe more farm/breeding etc after the elite 4 and story... I know HM fans would like it XD
    There's berry fans? I had no idea. I never liked the berries r anything to do with them, myself, since I don't use them, but i did find the berry space near the daycare to be a decent size; unlike in past gens, where you get like 1-4 squares of dirt all over the map. The berry space in X&Y feels like a mini farming game; especially with the mulch concept and the weed-pulling and protecting them from bugs.

I was wondering how a nesting pokemon to help half the # of footsteps for the eggs could be implemented in an incubator item, if there were only 6 slots, like a standard party, for the eggs. If it were an item solely for eggs, you probably couldn't put the nester in there, with them, like a regular party. Your idea of being able to control the temperature in the incubator gave me an idea, though; to have the effects of nesters; like Flame Body, work like HM's in the feild, when you're using the incubator. :)

One other idea I had was to be able to talk to the eggs, (like how unborn babies can hear stuff the mother talking to them, or music played for them, from in the womb), and to effect the stats or friendship of unborn pokemon before they hatch.

Mumzy

Pokemon Raiser
    Years
    O-Powers are so hard to get... I haven't got a single O-power, let alone getting all of them.
    Anyways, yeah, I'm a HUGE! berry fan!! Is there a berry fan club here? If not I swear I'm making one!

Years
    The problem that I have with egg hatching in X/Y is that in D/P I used to be able to run up and down the Solaceon route with no trouble. I keep accidentally going into the cave by the daycare in this one so I can't do other things while keeping my hand on the d-pad.

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2014
    There's berry fans? I had no idea. I never liked the berries r anything to do with them, myself, since I don't use them, but i did find the berry space near the daycare to be a decent size; unlike in past gens, where you get like 1-4 squares of dirt all over the map. The berry space in X&Y feels like a mini farming game; especially with the mulch concept and the weed-pulling and protecting them from bugs.

I was wondering how a nesting pokemon to help half the # of footsteps for the eggs could be implemented in an incubator item, if there were only 6 slots, like a standard party, for the eggs. If it were an item solely for eggs, you probably couldn't put the nester in there, with them, like a regular party. Your idea of being able to control the temperature in the incubator gave me an idea, though; to have the effects of nesters; like Flame Body, work like HM's in the feild, when you're using the incubator. :)

One other idea I had was to be able to talk to the eggs, (like how unborn babies can hear stuff the mother talking to them, or music played for them, from in the womb), and to effect the stats or friendship of unborn pokemon before they hatch.

Well with Berries I think they'd be more useful if you could use some station to make your own custom potions depending on the berries you use XD. There is so much they could do with Berries that they dont do sadly. Though with the bigger berry farm I have high hopes that its a sign that they want to do more with them.

Having a pokemon use a heat ability on the incubator would be nice, though I was thinking like 6 egg slots, and 1 pokemon slot, in the pokemon slot you'd put a pokemon with Flame Body or some kind of nesting ability so it would act as the sorta mama to the eggs, or you could put a heating items in the slot like charcoal or something, certain items/pokemon changing the temperature of the incubator.

The music thing would be neat, I always thought you should be able to collect music to put into a music player in the game like how they had pokemon radio in silver, though instead it'd just change the music of the game while its playing. If they did that, they could also have it so you could put the music into the incubator some how. There was that guy in this game that played music for you after all XD maybe stuff like that and they give you a mp3/disk of it.

ps: Maybe make the incubator into like 3-4 eggs so people cant like factory hatch

The problem that I have with egg hatching in X/Y is that in D/P I used to be able to run up and down the Solaceon route with no trouble. I keep accidentally going into the cave by the daycare in this one so I can't do other things while keeping my hand on the d-pad.

When you are by the cave go up so you are right infront of the sign and next to the wall. Left and right from there you will run into the wall then go right down the path, through the town and into another wall with out any interruption or slipping into anything. Also you can go to lumiose city and go in circles with your thumb pad, or just tape down the right/left button and circle the central tower non-stop.

Last edited:
    Years
    O-Powers are so hard to get... I haven't got a single O-power, let alone getting all of them.
    Anyways, yeah, I'm a HUGE! berry fan!! Is there a berry fan club here? If not I swear I'm making one!

Mumzy, these O-Powers are easy to get actually. Just look for the guy with the pink suit =) he's usually soliciting strangers in the town Pokemon Center or the Hotel. Happy hunting!

LoudSilence

more like uncommon sense
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Aug 7, 2016
    Just wanted to add that there's a really easy trick to getting max style in Lumiose (need a bit of cash though):

Visit the Poke Ball Boutique and buy 99x Premier Balls (cheapest ones). I dunno if you need to exit the store at this point, but I did it anyway. Just go back in and repeat.

I did this about 3-4 times and I already had max style without doing all the recommended things (buying Galettes, using the juice blender, etc.). The amount of times you'll have to do it varies, but within minutes you should be able to find Mr. Bonding in Cafe Introversion (where the Hatching O-Power is).

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    Well with Berries I think they'd be more useful if you could use some station to make your own custom potions depending on the berries you use XD. There is so much they could do with Berries that they dont do sadly. Though with the bigger berry farm I have high hopes that its a sign that they want to do more with them.

Having a pokemon use a heat ability on the incubator would be nice, though I was thinking like 6 egg slots, and 1 pokemon slot, in the pokemon slot you'd put a pokemon with Flame Body or some kind of nesting ability so it would act as the sorta mama to the eggs, or you could put a heating items in the slot like charcoal or something, certain items/pokemon changing the temperature of the incubator.

The music thing would be neat, I always thought you should be able to collect music to put into a music player in the game like how they had pokemon radio in silver, though instead it'd just change the music of the game while its playing. If they did that, they could also have it so you could put the music into the incubator some how. There was that guy in this game that played music for you after all XD maybe stuff like that and they give you a mp3/disk of it.

ps: Maybe make the incubator into like 3-4 eggs so people cant like factory hatch

When you are by the cave go up so you are right infront of the sign and next to the wall. Left and right from there you will run into the wall then go right down the path, through the town and into another wall with out any interruption or slipping into anything. Also you can go to lumiose city and go in circles with your thumb pad, or just tape down the right/left button and circle the central tower non-stop.
    oh. Oh! OH! I get the feeling I'd really enjoy making my own custom potions! You could -kinda- do it with the juice/ smoothie thing in Lumiose, but what you made never wound up in your bag, where you could see its effects, so that was kind of a bummer. Custom potions just might make me start liking berries more, for sure. Save a ton of money on store-bought potions, if I could make them from berries for free. Hell yeah. -brofist-
    While on the berry subject, it'd be nice if we could make custom treats with the berries, for our Poke' friends from past regions, to suit their tastes. Like if one pokemon doesn't like poffins, I could make them Poke' block, Poke; Puffs, or Poke' snacks, to suit their particular tastes. Much like how irl pets have their food preferences.

Yeah, I guess having a 7th slot for the nesting pokemon would make sense, if such an item were made. I just thought it'd be cool, and a little more interactive, getting to "turn on" a Pokemon's ability like an HM, when it came to an Incubator device, since you mentioned wanting to able to control the temp and all. I'm from Gaia online, so I'm used to the idea of getting to customize the living **** out of things, and wanting more to customize and control in whatever games I play, if there's not enough XD I really like the idea of putting charcoal or some other elemental power up item in the incubator, to change the temp, better than my idea, now that you mention it.

Years

Berry's are extremely useful. Once you get to the point where you have all the Berry's necessary for cross breeding the plants. You can get all the EV Berry's and you can get the Berry's needed to make the juice that wipes all EVs and what about sitrus Berry's and move type weakening Berry's?
    I appreciate the berry fields a lot and hope it will be a staple for future games.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I'm under the impression that the makers don't exactly envision us biking up and down the route hatching eggs like a machine. The limitations on party space, etc., from an emotional standpoint, make sense. The process isn't really meant to be mechanized, so it isn't made as efficient as it could be.

KostK2Boss

Europe Confirmed!!!
    Years
    Here's something I've been wanting GF to do for a while now: The Day-Care man gives you one new egg after at least 250 steps, right? What if they made it so the eggs add up? Like, say you're breeding a Pokemon that takes many many steps to hatch. After a million steps your first batch of eggs hatch and you go back to the Day Care to get the next one. Then, instead of only giving you one egg, the Day Care man could say something like "You're back! While you were gone your Pokemon had a whole bunch of eggs!" and gives you 3 or 4 eggs all at once.

Caiustheblack

Breeder for the sake of it.
    Years
    Here's something I've been wanting GF to do for a while now: The Day-Care man gives you one new egg after at least 250 steps, right? What if they made it so the eggs add up? Like, say you're breeding a Pokemon that takes many many steps to hatch. After a million steps your first batch of eggs hatch and you go back to the Day Care to get the next one. Then, instead of only giving you one egg, the Day Care man could say something like "You're back! While you were gone your Pokemon had a whole bunch of eggs!" and gives you 3 or 4 eggs all at once.
    Actually, the daycare man kinda does this already.
    It happens for me that he has another egg available just 2 seconds after the last one he gave me.
    (with strong bonds pokes obviously, not when breeding with ditto)

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    The only problem with breeding I have, is that the eggs stack up in the boxes, because as soon as I get the Pokemon I want I simply put them away. That means I have about one and a half boxes full of eggs containing many different Pokemon and I can't get rid of them unless I hatch them all, because eggs can neither be freed nor Wonder Traded.

I don't find breeding in this gen hard and I don't even use hatching o-powers.

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    The only problem with breeding I have, is that the eggs stack up in the boxes, because as soon as I get the Pokemon I want I simply put them away. That means I have about one and a half boxes full of eggs containing many different Pokemon and I can't get rid of them unless I hatch them all, because eggs can neither be freed nor Wonder Traded.

I don't find breeding in this gen hard and I don't even use hatching o-powers.
    I don't have much of a problem with egg filling up boxes. We have plenty of boxes so that's nothing to worry much about However, I would like eggs to be put automatically in a box if there's no space on my team , like how some pokemon are given to you and transferred in a box, if there's no free team space
    That's what the idea of the incubator was- free egg spot space, like a second team you have on your person

Years
    I hope they include a "release all Pokemon" feature in the bank so I can transfer the Pokemon I don't need there. It takes time to release them 1 at a time :(

I am using the Hatching O-Power and do the trick at Lumiose city so egg hatching is more easy now :)

Years
    The easiest way I have found, is having Flame Body Talonflame as the only poke in the party. Bike until I get 5 eggs, then fly to Lumiose center and use Hatching power while holding "right" until all 5 hatch. Release, repeat until desired result. :D
    I do agree that some pokes (cough, Dragons and Eevees, cough) take waaaay to much time.

Back