• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Electabuzz vs. Magmar

Who is better?

• Total voters

FlamingThunder

Years
    An epic war of two epic Pokèmon! They gained a pre-evolution in the second generation and an evolution in the fourth generation.

In your opinion, who is better?
    Electabuzz vs. Magmar

Electabuzz
    or
    Electabuzz vs. Magmar

Magmar?

I myself vote for Electabuzz.

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    In a battle I think Electabuzz would win.

But, I like Magmar better because of it's looks.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Electabuzz vs. Magmar

^Back when I was 11 playing Red for the first time ever, I can remember this bad boy being the first pokemon I've ever distinguished with the title of "My Favorite Pokemon".

I hope that answers your question. :D

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    Electabuzz has always been one of my favorite Electric-type Pokemon to use. It became my main Electric-type Pokemon in Generation III after I got tired of Raichu. Its evolution, Electivire, reminds me of the Helghast soldiers in Killzone! Besides, Electabuzz's shiny sprite is so much more appealing than Magmar's.

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
    electabuzz because i love electric types. great stats, moves, overall great pokemon. magmar is still pretty awesome though

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
    I like Electabuzz, it looks cooler than Magmar, plus Electivire also has a better design than Magmortar.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I prefer Magmar, it looks much better than Electabuzz imo. (although I still like Electabuzz too, it just doesn't stand out to me very much)

Years
    Electabuzz, it has appealed to me for a long time, and the way the colours are shown are really nice. It has nice stats and a good move set if you use it well enough. Electabuzz is just one of those Pokemon, but he would be better with a bit of an adorable side.

Magmar, on the other hand, is quite an ugly Pokemon which when I first saw kinda freaked me it. I've hated Magmar from the beginning. The only exception of it is his next evolved form, Magmortar.

Calamity

Just for the love of the game.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2020
    Electrabuzz, mainly because I prefer batttling with Electivire than magmorter and its shiny sprite easily tops magmars :P

Years
    Noooo!! This is actually a really hard one, I like them both!! :\

On the one hand, Electabuzz is one of the few Electric types I like... on the other, Magmar = fire which is my FAVOURITE type... and Blaine has one!!

They both LOOK cool... gah I really can't decide :shocked:

blakeg

Lives to Game
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2011
    Magma evolves into Magmortar which has an ugly design and the very pale red colour of its body looks out of place. Magmortar could have been so cool.

So Electabuzz

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    This is hard. I like Magby and Magmar more than Elekid and Electabuzz. But Magmotar ruint it all while Electrivire is fine for me. I said, both.

Back