• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Electric Monotype OU Log

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
Years
MONO OU

Rules:
Ladder Match
Sleep Clause
Freeze Clause
OHKO Clause
Evasion Clause
Species Clause
Strict Damage Clause
Soul Dew Clause

Sandstorm will be removed from the log, however, keep in mind that it is in play the entire battle. Also things like Super Effective and Not Very Effective have been removed because I assume everyone knows when or when they are not incorporated.

My Team:
i_rentoraa.gif
i_rotomu_hiito.gif
i_rantaan.gif
i_jibakoiru.gif
i_erekiburu.gif
i_sandaa.gif

i_rentoraa.gif
arrow.gif
i_rotomu_hiito.gif
VS
i_kabarudon_osu.gif

Luxray's Intimidate cut Hippowdon's attack!
Hippowdon's Sand Stream whipped up a sandstorm!
Ooka switched in Rotom-h
Hippowdon used Stealth Rock.
Rotom-h restored 6% of its health from Leftovers

Easy enough decision. Didn't have anything to hit Hippo so I switched out in case he went for the early kill.

i_rotomu_hiito.gif
VS
i_kabarudon_osu.gif
arrow.gif
i_hiidoran.gif

azn_daniel switched in Heatran
Rotom-h used Reflect.
A barrier was formed!
The sandstorm rages.

Went ahead and got up Reflect for an incoming Tyranitar or something. He went to Heatran so I'm obviously going to switch out again.

i_rotomu_hiito.gif
arrow.gif
i_rantaan.gif
VS.
i_hiidoran.gif

Ooka switched in Lanturn
Pointed stones dug into Lanturn.
Heatran used Flamethrower.
Lanturn lost 19% of its health.
Lanturn restored 6% of its health from Leftovers

Well, this is my only defense against Heatran, so I go ahead and bring it out. It would have been nice if it had taken less, but eh, still didn't do enough to ruin Lanturn.

i_rantaan.gif
VS.
i_hiidoran.gif
arrow.gif
i_kabarudon_osu.gif

azn_daniel switched in Hippowdon
Lanturn used Surf.
Hippowdon lost 59% of its health.
Hippowdon restored 6% of its health from Leftovers

Don't know why he did this, but he brought out Hippo against my STAB Surf. I don't have a problem with that, lol.

i_rantaan.gif
arrow.gif
i_rotomu_hiito.gif
VS.
i_kabarudon_osu.gif

Ooka switched in Rotom-h
Pointed Stones dug into Rotom
Hippowdon restored 50% of its health using Slack Off
Hippowdon restored 3% of its health from Leftovers

Yeah, didn't know if I would outspeed, and I couldn't risk my only Heatran counter that early, so I just switched.

i_rotomu_hiito.gif
arrow.gif
i_rantaan.gif
VS.
i_kabarudon_osu.gif

Rotom-h used Thunderbolt.
Hippowdon used Roar and brought out Lanturn
Lanturn's reflect wore off!

Alright, so yeah, I went for the Thunderbolt thinking he'd switch to Heatran expecting a WoW, but having seen Reflect he probably knew I didn't have it.

i_rantaan.gif
arrow.gif
i_rotomu_hiito.gif
VS.
i_kabarudon_osu.gif

Ooka switched in Rotom-h
Pointed stones dug into Rotom-h.
Hippowdon used Earthquake.

And I went back to Rotom for the incoming Earthquake.

i_rotomu_hiito.gif
arrow.gif
i_rentoraa.gif
VS.
i_kabarudon_osu.gif

Rotom-h used Overheat.
Hippowdon lost 33% of its health.
Rotom-h's special attack was harshly lowered.
Hippowdon used Roar and brought out Luxray
Pointed stones dug into Luxray.

Well, now I figure he won't switch Heatran in, so I just go for the Overheat for some damage. Man this thing is giving me trouble.

i_rentoraa.gif
arrow.gif
i_rotomu_hiito.gif
VS.
i_kabarudon_osu.gif

Ooka switched in Rotom-h
Hippowdon restored 27% of its health using Slack Off

And again, I go to Rotom for some more damage while he heals up.

i_rotomu_hiito.gif
arrow.gif
i_rentoraa.gif
VS.
i_kabarudon_osu.gif

Rotom-h used Overheat.
Hippowdon lost 33% of its health.
Rotom-h's special attack was harshly lowered.
Hippowdon used Roar and brought out Luxray

Why does it keep going to Luxray? Lol. well, lets see what I can do while he Roars again.

i_rentoraa.gif
arrow.gif
i_jibakoiru.gif
VS.
i_kabarudon_osu.gif

Luxray used Crunch.
Hippowdon lost 16% of its health.
Hippowdon used Roar and brought out Magnezone
Pointed stones dug into Magnezone.

Sweet, finally something I can use. HP Grass with LO makes one mean Hippo hitter.

i_jibakoiru.gif
VS.
i_kabarudon_osu.gif

Magnezone used Magnet Rise.
Hippowdon restored 37% of its health with Slack Off

I Magnet Rise to avoid Earthquake while he goes for some health again.

i_jibakoiru.gif
VS.
i_kabarudon_osu.gif

Magnezone used Hidden Power.
A critical hit!
Hippowdon lost 100% of its health.
azn_daniel's Hippowdon fainted.
Magnezone lost 10% of its health

I honestly don't think this mattered, because he wouldn't have done any damage seeing as it's only attack was Earthquake. But glad it's finally out of there.

i_jibakoiru.gif
arrow.gif
i_rantaan.gif
VS.
i_kabarudon_osu.gif
arrow.gif
i_hiidoran.gif

azn_daniel switched in Heatran
Ooka switched in Lanturn
Lanturn lost 17% of its health.

Alright, Heatran again, it won't Earth Power due to Magnet Rise, so Lanturn is an easy switch, and it takes less than last time, which is fine with me.

i_rantaan.gif
VS.
i_hiidoran.gif

Lanturn lost 19% of its health.
Lanturn used Surf.
Heatran lost 64% of its health.

I just went for the Surf, and he actually stayed in, which is nice.

i_rantaan.gif
VS.
i_hiidoran.gif

Lanturn lost 7% of its health.
Ooka's Lanturn fainted.

Well, unfortunately, coming in on Rocks constantly the Flamethrower could actually take it out, so I lose Lanturn to Flamethrower. :/

i_rantaan.gif
arrow.gif
i_erekiburu.gif
VS.
i_hiidoran.gif

Ooka switched in Electivire
Pointed stones dug into Electivire.
Electivire lost 70% of its health.
Electivire used Thunderbolt.
Heatran lost 36% of its health.
azn_daniel's Heatran fainted.

I bring in my Electivire, which is scarfed because most people won't be hitting Electric teams with Electric attacks, and I don't have anything to revenge DDGyara or Mence. Unfortunately, it still doesn't outrun Scarftran.

i_erekiburu.gif
VS.
i_hiidoran.gif
arrow.gif
i_eaamudo.gif

azn_daniel switched in Skarmory
It's super effective!
Skarmory lost 90% of its health.
Skarmory used Spikes.

Again, don't know why he did this. He didn't seem like a noob while I was battling, so I can only assume he just wanted to get some more entry hazards up.

i_erekiburu.gif
VS.
i_eaamudo.gif
arrow.gif
i_furaigon.gif

azn_daniel switched in Flygon
Ooka's Electivire fainted. (From Sandstorm, but again, it isn't factored into the log)

And I suppose he wants to force the switch now that he has up a layer of Spikes, which he does seeing as I'm scarfed. Unfortunately, he doesn't have to force me out, as the sandstorm finishes me off.

i_erekiburu.gif
VS.
i_furaigon.gif
arrow.gif
i_sandaa.gif

Ooka switched in Zapdos
Zapdos is exerting its pressure!
Pointed stones dug into Zapdos.
Flygon used Stone Edge.
Zapdos lost 70% of its health.
Zapdos used Toxic.
Ooka's Zapdos fainted.
Flygon lost 6% of its health by the Poison

Well I opted for Toxic > HP Ice or Grass to hit both Pert and Latias, and any other walls that come in on it, so I have no other options. Zapdos then falls and I'm left with one less Pokemon.

i_sandaa.gif
arrow.gif
i_jibakoiru.gif
VS.
i_furaigon.gif
arrow.gif
i_eaamudo.gif

Ooka switched in Magnezone
Pointed stones dug into Magnezone.
Magnezone was hurt by Spikes!
azn_daniel switched in Skarmory
Magnezone used Magnet Rise

This is a good time to get up Magnet Rise seeing as Flygon is probably scarfed, as it always is. He brings in Skarm for death fodder and gives me a free turn.

i_jibakoiru.gif
VS.
i_eaamudo.gif

Magnezone used Thunderbolt
Skarmory lost 10% of its health
azn_daniel's Skarmory fainted
Magnezone lost 10% of its health.

Just finishing off Skarmory.

i_jibakoiru.gif
VS.
i_eaamudo.gif
arrow.gif
i_enperuto.gif

azn_daniel switched in Empoleon
Empoleon used Agility.
Magnezone used Thunderbolt.
It's super effective!
Empoleon lost 100% of its health.
azn_daniel's Empoleon fainted.
Magnezone lost 10% of its health.

Now he brings out Empoleon hoping to live a Thunderbolt, which doesn't happen at all.

i_jibakoiru.gif
VS.
i_enperuto.gif
arrow.gif
i_furaigon.gif

azn_daniel switched in Flygon
Flygon used Outrage.
Magnezone lost 46% of its health.
Ooka's Magnezone fainted.
Flygon lost 6% of its health by the Poison

And now he assumes Magnezone is at low enough health to Outrage the rest of my team, so lets see what happens.

i_jibakoiru.gif
arrow.gif
i_rentoraa.gif
VS.
i_furaigon.gif

Ooka switched in Luxray
Luxray's Intimidate cut Flygon's attack!
Luxray was hurt by Spikes!
Flygon used Outrage.
Luxray lost 39% of its health.
Ooka's Luxray fainted.
Flygon's rampage ended and it became confused
Flygon lost 12% of its health by the Poison

Well, it's easy enough to say that if the Outrage hadn't ended this turn, the match would have been over. Luckily it did, now if only I can get the luck of the confusion.

i_rentoraa.gif
arrow.gif
i_rotomu_hiito.gif
VS.
i_furaigon.gif

Ooka switched in Rotom-h
Flygon hurt itself in confusion and lost 18% of its health.
Rotom-h used Shadow Ball.
Flygon lost 42% of its health.
Flygon's special defence was lowered.
Flygon lost 16% of its health by the Poison
azn_daniel's Flygon fainted

Phew, so his Flygon hurts itself in confusion and takes death. This battle would have most certainly been over if it weren't for that, or at least over for me.

i_rotomu_hiito.gif
VS.
i_furaigon.gif
arrow.gif
i_hassamu.gif

azn_daniel switched in Scizor
Scizor used Bullet Punch.
Rotom-h lost 23% of its health.
Rotom-h used Overheat.
Scizor lost 100% of its health.
azn_daniel's Scizor fainted.
Ooka wins!

And the last move of the game, just finishing off Scizor. Thank god it didn't crit and Overheat didn't miss, lol. Great game imo.

His Team:
i_kabarudon_osu.gif
i_hiidoran.gif
i_eaamudo.gif
i_furaigon.gif
i_enperuto.gif
i_hassamu.gif

Ooka: gg
azn_daniel: gg'
azn_daniel has left the room.

Last edited:

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
Years
  • Age 32
  • NSFW
  • Seen Jun 18, 2019
Nice battle, and good log.

And just out of curiosity are those icons from PE2K? Because they look cool.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
The commentary was rather lacking, as you really only explained your previous move. Give us some insight on what you were thinking, your thought process for the upcoming move, etc. The battle itself wasn't all that great either, as the kid didn't seem to smart...at all. Choose a better log next time =P Otherwise, the formatting was fine (Although a little bit bigger text might be nice).

Ooka

Years
What about him didn't seem smart? And the only reason I posted it was because one turn of confusion turned the whole battle around. I think you're just being too strict on it. I didn't expect it to get into the archive of good logs or anything, and I posted all there was to talk about between each turn, even saying why I made the move and what I thought would happen. So yeah, I kind of don't really know if you actually read it, or if you're just looking for an extra post. :/

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Don't start accusing me of stuff because I gave a little criticism for you to work on. Let me give you some examples.

I just went for the Surf, and he actually stayed in, which is nice.

And again, I go to Rotom for some more damage while he heals up.

Now he brings out Empoleon hoping to live a Thunderbolt, which doesn't happen at all.

Three examples, and there is more. All you did was explain was what happened the turn: We get it, we just read that part of the log. Let us know what you're next move will be, what you're predicting, what you are hoping to happen, not just a little recap.

Now what didn't seem smart? He switched in Hippo to an obvious Surf, let Heatran take an obvious Surf, let Skarm take a TBolt (which is rather stupid, even if he lived), thought Empoleon could take a LO TBolt. He seriously wasn't too smart =P

I'm honestly just trying to give constructive criticism to help you in the future, which obviously you aren't handling too well. I get your reasoning for posting the log (A single turn can make a difference for the whole battle, yay), but using one where the opponent has a little more knowledge and isn't battling terribly would make a better log, without the gimmick involved in it.

Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2012
I'm not really feeling this log. I understand you think its the most creative and awesome thing that you used a monotype Electric team in OU with Lanturn and defeated a standard OU team, however, that doesn't mean you should log a subpar battle, especially one with repetitive mistakes, necessary hax, and just plain awful playing. I mean, stayng in on Magnezone...to Agility? What the heck man :/

Yeah, next time, please pick a better battle to log. Thank you drive through.

EDIT: If you ever have trouble with realizing what a good battle is, take the time to read ∞Opposite Day's Rain, Vines, and Rust (A UU battle log). This log also has a Lanturn, but it's in the correct tier.

Last edited:

Ooka

Years
Lol, sorry for attempting to help out S&M with a post. The only reason I was upset was because I spent hours working on it. I personally thought it was a nice battle, thus why I saved it. And mentioning that I'm using Lanturn in OU, and assuming that I think using Lanturn in OU is awesome doesn't have anything to do with the situation. I was just testing my Monotype team, had the battle, thought it was good enough to at least post, and did. But whatever, lol, I honestly don't care. Criticism is fine, but it would be nice if you guys would at least tell me the positives, because it seems to always be the negatives when talking to all of you. :/ I mean, not to generalize you all, but most of you do it, and all I'm looking for is compliments considering I didn't even have to post it in the first place. I honestly spent at least two hours working on it, and yes people may spend more time on better logs, but this is my first one, and again, I was just looking for what I was doing right, along with what I'm doing wrong, not just everything I'm doing wrong.

Anti

return of the king
Years
Lol, sorry for attempting to help out S&M with a post. The only reason I was upset was because I spent hours working on it. I personally thought it was a nice battle, thus why I saved it. And mentioning that I'm using Lanturn in OU, and assuming that I think using Lanturn in OU is awesome doesn't have anything to do with the situation. I was just testing my Monotype team, had the battle, thought it was good enough to at least post, and did. But whatever, lol, I honestly don't care. Criticism is fine, but it would be nice if you guys would at least tell me the positives, because it seems to always be the negatives when talking to all of you. :/ I mean, not to generalize you all, but most of you do it, and all I'm looking for is compliments considering I didn't even have to post it in the first place. I honestly spent at least two hours working on it, and yes people may spend more time on better logs, but this is my first one, and again, I was just looking for what I was doing right, along with what I'm doing wrong, not just everything I'm doing wrong.

Errrr, if "all [you] are looking for is compliments" then you really shouldn't have posted this at all. Every battle log that is posted is subject to constructive criticism regardless of how much time/effort is put into it. But you're obviously not open to any real criticism or at the very least you're going to complain about it, so I doubt this serves any real purpose anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back