• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Electric rodents can go die in a fire

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
Years
  • Aside from the Electric Pikaclones, what about rodents of other types?

For example, Marill can be seen as the water (now fairy) brethren. Both have the cute thing going on as well as the distinct tail design.

Maybe there should be a fire mouse, grass mouse, ice mouse, rock mouse, etc. I guess there's Sandshrew, but it's also from Gen. I.

EternalSushi

Fresh for a lifetime.
    Years
    • Age 27
    • HK
    • Seen Sep 9, 2017
    I've always said that the Pokemon Company should move on to another mascot, but then again they'd probably lose a part of their fanbase (things being too 'different' or 'new' and whatnot).

Although I don't really like Pikachu at all, I like some of the electric 'reincarnations' from other gens, especially Emolga.

So that's something nice. I guess.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I like Plusle and Raichu is alright, I guess.

That's pretty much all I can say about the topic. I never really cared for Pikachu, Minun, mini-pikachu, gen 4 electric rodent, gen 5 electric rodent and gen 6 electric rodent.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I like Plusle and Raichu is alright, I guess.

That's pretty much all I can say about the topic. I never really cared for Pikachu, Minun, mini-pikachu, gen 4 electric rodent, gen 5 electric rodent and gen 6 electric rodent.

I don't understand how you could like Plusle and not care about Minum lol. They are so look alike and they go togheter. I like the "duo" concept.

magicalgirlj

I liek Popplio
    Years
  • The electric rodents are so cute. I don't like fighting Emolga though. Being part flying means they are immune to ground. Rock moves always have 80 or 90 accuracy, and they spam double team

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I don't understand how you could like Plusle and not care about Minum lol. They are so look alike and they go togheter. I like the "duo" concept.
    That goes back to the time when I was still playing Sapphire. Plusle are a lot more common in Sapphire than Minun, so in one of my playthroughs I randomly decided to use one of them, instead of looking forever for a Minun. I think, I even used one in the playthrough afterwards, so it's just more of a nostalgia factor.

Also, Plusle is a little better on the offensive side, whereas Minun has a little bit more of defensive capabilities, so that's a thing as well.

Years
  • As R.F. said, the Plusle/Minun duo have similarities but still have differences. They have the same stat spreads but distributed differently, and also have a semi-version exclusive status in that one is usually more commonly found in one version than the other (such as Plusle being found in X/Alpha Sapphire and Minun in Y/Omega Ruby with the other only being found in horde battles).

The duo also serve as the partner of the protagonist in Pokemon Ranger, with the male character having Minun and the female character having Plusle.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
  • As R.F. said, the Plusle/Minun duo have similarities but still have differences. They have the same stat spreads but distributed differently, and also have a semi-version exclusive status in that one is usually more commonly found in one version than the other (such as Plusle being found in X/Alpha Sapphire and Minun in Y/Omega Ruby with the other only being found in horde battles).

The duo also serve as the partner of the protagonist in Pokemon Ranger, with the male character having Minun and the female character having Plusle.

those differences are so minor they might as well be considered the same thing

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Plusle and Minun are generic as far as electric types go stat and movepool-wise. They were made mechanically to show off the brand new(at the time) double battles with their abilities that prior to 5th gen only came into play if you used these two specific pokemon together. I used a Plusle in my original Sapphire run, but that was more because 1) I wanted an electric type on my team and 2) wanted to only use new(at that time) pokemon so it was that, Minun, or Electrike/Manectric and for a reason I can't even remember I went with Plusle.

Pachirisu I feel has one of the weirdest stat spreads I've ever seen on an electric type. It does get some unique tricks over it's fellow rodents like Super Fang, but overall nothing special. While it made a surprisingly successful appearance in the VGC, I still don't feel like going out of my way to train one.

Emolga mixed things up by having a secondary type that otherwise is exclusive to legendary pokemon, and a fairly large movepool to take advantage of it. Still not very strong, but interesting. It was the first pikaclone to really catch my interest

Dedenne showcases the new Fairy type and has pretty decent stats for a pikaclone but I feel the biggest crime gamefreak committed is making it incapable of learning any special fairy moves whatsoever, and then give it the only physical fairy move with its crap attack stat as if to taunt you.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • Basically the only good rodent is Raichu. Oh wait.

Pachirisu is the best. Se Jun Park confirms it.

I don't really hate the other electric rodents; I just don't like them as much as the other two. I know Gens V and VI are tryhards.

UltimateFrosty08

THE DAB MAN
    Years
  • i'd like pachirisu's death to be slow

Me too. And very, very painful. Like, being hermetically sealed in an undestructable box and any electric attack it tries to use backfires. And force all these people who defend the electric rodents to watch. xD

Wow that's terrible but I agree pachirisu should die I would laugh if they died from being in a plastic bag or think about this lets say Dawn is vacuuming and she vacuum's some poffin crumbs and then Pachirisu jumps in after it LOL XD

Back