• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Electronic Entertainment Expo 2019 (E3) Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • It is almost here.

Electronic Entertainment Expo 2019, or E3 for short, will soon be on its merry way (11th - 13th June to be precise!) to indulge us in what goodies the video games industry has in store. Whether it's exciting moments such as this one:

...or hilarious moments like this one:

It's all going to be there at E3 2019. More information from the official website, however most importantly this thread is to discuss the time coming up to E3 (predictions, things you want to be shown, etc) as well as the goings on once we get there.

So first up, what do you want to see at E3 and what do you think will show up at E3?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • The only thing I care about at E3 this year is Kingdom Hearts 3 DLC. I think they outright said we'd hear more about it in June, which probably means E3, so that's a sure thing. I also want more about FF7R but I think the announcement for that is possibly more likely at the FF7 concert in LA that week. Uh, other than that... I don't think I'm excited for anything else, lol. "Tales of" news is more likely at talesfes a couple weeks later and will prob just be the mobile game anyway and everything else I'm excited for is more indie-oriented so probably won't try to compete with AAA titles at E3 news-wise.

For stuff we'll probably see that I don't really care about, I guess Sony might introduce us to PS5? There've been inklings of that, right? We'll prob get more SwSh news. Hopefully Animal Crossing since everyone I know will go ballistic for it and I love seeing my TL happy. Microsoft will probably have a car on stage at some point during their conference. That's about it for E3 predictions. I actually missed most of E3 last year, for the first time in like a decade, so if anything was teased last year and hasn't come out this year, it'll seem new to me. Maybe there'll still be some of that.

Oh! But more importantly, I cannot wait for Nintendo to announce Cherrim for Smash DLC. It's tru my uncle who works at nintendo told me.

Years
  • I am hoping Pokemon Sword and Shield would be announced on E3 for more information, more Pokemon and more information about evil leaders, that's the only thing i know so far.

Also, i look forward to the Animal Crossing announcement.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • We need a release date announcement for Final Fantasy 7 Remake, otherwise they might as well scrap the game.

Is it too early to want Final Fantasy XVI yet?

*still holding out hope for Final Fantasy X-3 and The World Ends With You 2*

We've had absolutely no info on Pokemon Sword/Shield so I suggest they give us a plethora of info on it. A good chunk of Pokemon reveals and the 2nd and Final evolutions of the starters would be worth this 'no info' BS

I can't think of anything else but if I do I'll add more to this post or just post again. It's a starting point at least.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen yesterday
    Seconding more information on FF7R, Animal Crossing and Pokemon S/S!

I'm also always excited to see innovative games and ideas from the indie community. Last year I fell in love with the weird little Ooblets announcement, hope there's more of that. Big franchise announcements are cool, but indie or not I do love seeing new, original games.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Mostly interested in some Nintendo news - e.g. AC news (we've heard nothing since last year). I don't have the other consoles and already have too big a backlog to really consider getting another.

Years
  • Why do people don't talk about Sword and Shield annoucement at E3? I mean, Sword and Shield can be detailed at E3, so why do people think they won't annouce it?

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
    Years
  • Cyberpunk 2077 for sure! CDPR has been hyping this as their biggest E3 appearance yet, and it's kind of hard to not get caught in all the hype that surrounds that.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Aside from the upcoming Switch titles Nintendo announced, I'm still waiting for new info of Square Enix's Avengers game and Shenmue 3 because like the FFVII remake, we still have no word about them since their initial announcements.

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
    Years
  • Quick Riposte from the Discord channel for Switch games, and what I expect to see for each:

Games we care about with a known future street date:
    Assassin's Creed 3 "remastered" - May 21 - N/A, will be out
    Mario Maker 2 - June 28 - Invitational confirmed, full demo live on show floor, treehouse spotlight, DLC announced
    Dragon Quest Builders 2 - July 12 - Trailer during Squeenix's Direct, unmentioned by Nintendo unless it gets played at Treehouse. Demo live on show floor.
    Fire Emblem: Three Houses - July 26 - Full trailer. Demo live on show floor.

Games we care about with a known release season:
    Daemon X Machina - Summer - Release date, new trailer, demo live on floor
    Marvel Ultimate Alliance - Summer - Release date
    Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night - Summer - Release Date, demo live on show floor
    Okinaki - Summer - Release date, trailer
    Grid Autosports - Summer - Release date, short trailer
    Dragon Quest XI S - Fall - Release Date, demo at Squeenix booth on show floor
    Dead by Daylight - Fall - unmentioned
    Pokemon Sword & Shield - Late/Winter - Nintendo Direct Focus Game, release date finalized, generic rodent and bird announced, route 1 demo on show floor

Games we care about with unknown status and ominous "2019" release dates (or just nothing):
    The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019) - Live demo on show floor, release date
    Rune Factory 4 Special - Release date
    Catan Universe - unmentioned
    Munchkin - unmentioned
    Killer Queen Black - unmentioned
    SSBU DLC Packs 2-3 at least - DLC fighter 2 revealed in full AND/OR DLC3 teased.
    Bayonetta 3 - unmentioned
    Luigi's Mansion 3 - short trailer with release window narrowed
    [Animal Crossing Switch] - Nintendo Direct Focus Game, release date and title revealed
    [Town (working title)] - Formal reveal and release date, early fall.
    [Unnamed SMT game?] - Maybe a trailer during Microsoft's presentation?
    A metric ton of ports - M O A R P O R T S

Games we know are in development but probably not 2019 at this point?
    Rune Factory 5 - Ominous 2020 release window
    Metroid Prime 4 - "I swear we didn't forget about this, have a 2020 and get out of our hair"
    Persona 5 Scramble - lol 2021.

And in brief, what I expect from each of the press conferences, in order:
    Electronic Arts: Will do exactly what they did last year. Which is to say, not officially attend E3 but hold streams the day before the conferences start, and talk about FIFA, a Star Wars game, and get booed off the stage about Apex because Epic Store.
    Microsoft: Will be the first to formally throw the curtain off their new console, the XBOX Too. Also their typical 30-50 game announcements. Microsoft.
    Devolver Digital: Will put on the same shitshow they have the past two years and it will be hilarious.
    Bethesda: Will be showing no games from their core series and instead smashing together a mishmosh of live performances with The Todd Comedy Show.
    Ubisoft: Will have a dumb dance number, and be the most content-heavy presentation of the bunch. BGE2 will be the star of the show.
    Square Enix: Will actually have a presentation that matters. Will show off at least one Switch-releasing game.
    Nintendo: See the list above
    Sony: rip sony (Not at E3 this year)

Years
  •  

Cid

Years

• In all seriousness, I really am hoping for Mother 3. Call it Earthbound Endings or whatever, I don't care. Just give us it. :(

For games that will actually appear, I am pretty hyped for more footage of the Final Fantasy VII Remake. Kingdom Hearts III DLC would be a sight for sore eyes as well. And of course, Pokemon Sword and Shield from its very own Direct.

If those don't turn out as well as I hope, I guess I'd just like to be surprised by Nintendo this year.

Years
  • the only thing i'm sincerely hoping for is something new about Animal Crossing: Switch. I'm so. ready. for more Animal Crossing Switch information. :why:
    I mean, it's supposed to be launching this year!

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem, Shin Megami Tensei 5, and... that's pretty much it. o:

And uh, hopefully news about more VC games for the switch ie. SNES games.

_pheebee

[I]Gosh! What's poppin'?[/i]
    Years
  • What I want:
    Golden Sun HD, or Golden Sun 4.

What will show up:
    Animal Crossing
    Fire Emblem
    Pokémon
    Mario Maker
    Splatoon

Cid

Years
  • It's been a few days.

Does the new 2.5D Yooka-Laylee count for this thread? There are rumors of Banjo & Kazooie being the next Smash DLC character as well.

I seriously can't wait for E3. Square-Enix and Nintendo better bring it this year!

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Read AMD will be announcing something(Forget what though). Otherwise, I don't really care all that much since I don't play consoles and anything for PC doesn't peak my interest because I don't play the genres or my rig can't run them to begin with lmao.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back