• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) Discussion Thread

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Thank you Nintendo, for really wasting the hell out of my time. Twice.

^ Also the fact that you mention B2W2 for like 10 seconds, get us excited, let us down, get us excited, BOOM MOVE ON. NO NINTENDO, YOU DO NOT DO THAT. I DON'T CARE IF IT'S NO A 3DS TITLE. YOU SHOULD STILL GIVE US SOMETHING. :(

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    I didn't expect much on the Pokemon front anyway given that we've not got a release in Japan yet. But a release date would have been nice at least.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I thought it was hilarious that they showed all the 3DS games and then B2W2 as if it belongs with the rest of the 3DS games. Embarrassed much?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I thought it was hilarious that they showed all the 3DS games and then B2W2 as if it belongs with the rest of the 3DS games. Embarrassed much?

That's because a week later they'll suddenly announce B2W2 is 3DS-exclusive because Nintendo wants to please its fans so much. ^______^

Well I kinda expected they'd show it tbh, because it technically had "3DS enhancements" and despite it not being 3DS it's a big name and since they're shifting concentration to 3DS, then their reliance on promoting DS games is much lower, thus you have to throw it in there I guess. idk.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    It was more to mention that 3DS-only apps (the Pokedex upgrade/AR viewer thing) would work with it and be available outside Japan. Not very newsworthy but...well, more than Threediots at any rate.

I only expected footage of PM3 and LM2 and so I am content, tbh. Not sure it needed a separate conference as merging it together would have seemed better probably, but their choice.

zealot

The King of Fail
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2024
    The only thing I was waiting for was the announcement of Fire Emblem Awakening's localization. Which they could have put in the 3DS showcase. Which they didn't, instead wasting an hour of my time with rehashes of yesterdays show. Only to have Reggie accidentally revealing that it is coming to North America.

All's well that ends well I guess.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    It was more to mention that 3DS-only apps (the Pokedex upgrade/AR viewer thing) would work with it and be available outside Japan. Not very newsworthy but...well, more than Threediots at any rate.

No no no. At the end. They were like "There are great things coming to the 3DS" and had a screen full of tons of logos of 3DS games and included B2W2 there. Not the logos for the apps but the logos for the actual games.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Figures, I didn't catch the very end. Mostly only watched the stuff that I was interested in (Kingdom Hearts? Screw that, plasma assignment beats that at least!) and then went to class, so.

Although I don't blame them for pushing a Pokemon title in it, haha. Sneaky.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Guess everyone for some reason decided that E3 2008 wasn't bad enough, eh? Or am I misremembering things?

Also, did someone swap the in-conference lists with the out-of-conference lists for Nintendo? xD

Cid

Years
    Haha. I wouldn't be surprised if they actually did. Nintendo's conference was disappointing.

Wish they didn't sneak in B2W2 into the screen of 3DS titles.
    Reminds me of how long it'll take before an actual main series title is released in it.

Years
    I am sure most people would agree that Watch Dogs came out the game that most people want to see.

So, finally the bad jokes of E3 have settled; Ubisoft's 'girl wood' and Nintendo's 'bodies not being ready' are a distant joke.

What was the best moment? The most unexpected?​

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
    e3 was, uhh...yeah. Well sweeties, at least it was nice to know the Reggie's body was ready. I was kinda disappointed of the lack of a surprise game at e3.

Years
    I think the most disappointing thing for me was the serious lack of Vita games or discussion at all.

I wasn't bothered about Nintendo, as I just thought nothing they could announce would interest me at all, and I was right.​

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    The lack of Vita things annoyed me aswell. I bought one on release day and so far only have 3 games that aren't ones from the PSP/PS1. Which I was also hoping was something they would discuss in the Vita being able to play PS1 games rather than having to remote control your PS3.

Was hoping for Monster hunter or Phantasy star info which there was none.

I have watched mroe of the trailers I missed and Watchdogs still looks amazing aswell as The final gameof the sony conference. I can't wait to have more info on these 2 titles, AC3 goes without asking that I will get that on ps3 regardless of all the bonus things.

Years
    I suppose it's a good thing that I will not need to worry about spending all my money on video games with what I've seen at E3.

In a sad way, this is very true.
    I know games that I would like, but they are a while away, so I guess it is time to dig out the old backlog.​

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    E3 was awful this year overall. Ubisoft had the best conference, with Sony second, but the other three were horribly mediocre. There were no surprises, no big announcements, and 95% of everything shown was a shooter or milked sequel (or both!). Watch Dogs was very impressive, and as a fan of the series AC3 looks really good, but other than that I can't say I was happy at all with E3.

My main complaint about Sony was the lack of Vita (seriously...the thing has so much potential, sales are abysmal, and this was your chance to show some kickass games to make it worth buying - not just spend about 5 minutes on it) and the overly long/boring/stupid demonstration of Wonderbook (again, this could have gone to Vita discussion). Other than that, they concentrated on showing off games, which is what E3 is all about, so overall they had a fairly solid conference with a few missteps.

Nintendo especially should have kicked ass this year, but their conference pretty much boiled down to "We love you, core gamers! Now here are some ports, Wii Fit, and a minigame collection, and you'll damn well like it!" Between the conference and the 3DS showcase, Nintendo actually killed any hype I had for the Wii U or any of the upcoming games. Seriously? Paper Mario is built around one-use stickers that you need in order to even do basic battle commands...and you don't even get anything for doing battles since EXP comes from being slave to random Toads? And not one, but TWO generic NSMB snoozefests? But oh wait, NSMB2 has gold! Shiny! Never mind the fact that it's still bland and uninspired - and even looks EXACTLY like NSMB on DS. And then they save the big hyped reveal at the end of the conference for...a horrible-looking minigame collection. Pitiful.

And I've learned to just accept that post-Kinect Microsoft will never have a good conference again even though the 360 is my favorite current-gen system.

And most everything shown off has a 2013 release date. 2012 is really shaping up to be a pretty mediocre year for gaming in general. Very, very disappointed in E3 this year.

Back