• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Elemental Monkeys: Welcome addition or overkill? [ #16 ]

Your thoughts on them?

• Total voters

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    [CSS-DIV=background-color:#ffffff;height:440px;width:700px;-moz-border-radius:10px;-moz-box-shadow: 5px 5px 8px #b1afaf;border:black solid 1px]

B/W Weekly Poll #16

Were the Elemental Monkeys a good idea?

Pansage (Yanappu), Pansear (Boappu) and Panpour (Hiyappu), along with their evolutions, were introduced as the three elemental monkeys representing "hear no evil", "see no evil" and "speak no evil". Due to the fact that they influence who you face in the first gym, these monkeys are considered somewhat important, although they could be seen as fillers, because there are six of them, as opposed to the original thoughts of only just one. What's your take on them?

→ The idea is nice but I don't like the designs
    → I love pretty much everything about them
    → They're overrated
    → They're just fillers
    → I don't have an opinion on them

If you have any poll ideas, feel free to PM Kaori or myself with them. We may not use them the following week after you have suggested them, but we're likely to consider them in the near future.
    [/div]

MeerFall

Strong, Competitive, Cool!
    Years
  • they are soooooo overkill

Mod note: Next time don't try to bypass the character limit with the o's, but since it's only 3 characters, I'm leaving it.

Last edited by a moderator:

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
    Years
  • They are awesome! Plus I heard somewhere that Panpour was first a rock-type in the prehistory, but that it now became a water type. I think I heard that at the Dento's gym English Dub episode :P

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • I do like the concept of the chimps. They can be seen as fillers, but the same thing can be said about the Eevee family in that case. @-@; I like how in the dream world you can get them with Blaze, Overgrow or Torrent like the origonal starter pokemon. :3 The thing I have problems with them though, is that they probably should have the same names; and have their alt. forms be found in specific places (?) kind of like burmy's different forms; like the Trash cloak, etc. Also, I wasn't a big fan of evolving pokemon via stones. @-@; I dunno, I wasted so much time looking for these stones, and figuring out what pokemon to evolve it with....but, overall, I do like them.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • I like the concept behind the Monkeys, and what they're all meant to mean, but the fact that they're all easily found in the wild baffles me and isn't really needed. I'd like it if the concept was later in the game either Dent, Pod or Cornn (depending on who you batled) would trade you their monkey for something different like Ishizumai.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • I voted fillers but I realise that they were made for the whole first Gym trio thing so they aren't so bad. If they weren't monkeys, I'd have liked them better, probably.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I think they're all pretty cute. :3 Im not sure I really like any of their evolutions, the blue one looks pretty awkward. All the first stages are cute though anyway.

I love the whole consept, I remember seeing a picture on Pixiv which made them out to be sorta like the Blind, Deaf and non-speaking monkey thingees.

I liked how you could get given one early on in the Games to help against the first Gym Leader, very helpful indeed...

I also don't think you could call them fillers, well because, all the first gym leaders are based on them.

Cooker

As free as my hair
    Years
  • I think the grass one looks cool but the other ones are pretty ugly, but I thoroughly enjoy that they brought back the stones for evolution-- and not some new kinds of stones, but the original water, fire and grass ones =D

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    It's a cool concept and I'm a fan of all of the first stage ones but not so much with the evolutions. The only cool one is the Grass monkey evo. :(

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2011
    I have no real opinion on them. Their designs are a little odd yet nice, but I really don't see the big deal with them. Perhaps I just haven't done enough research.

Last edited:

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • Their basic forms are fine, I like them, but I don't like the evolutions' designs.

loliwin

→ Level 69
    Years
  • The elemental monkeeeeyyysss are cool and cute at the start, some of em learn decent moves. Then use a element stone then ACK! Some of them lose their cuteness. :(

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
  • I think more time could have been spent on the designs, because there's nothing really unique about any of them.

Gamefreak: "Oh, it's a fire type monkey? Just make it orange and give it hair shaped like a flame."

So I chose "The idea is nice but I don't like the designs."

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • I don't have an opinion on them. To me, there just another trio of Pokemon in a new game. Although I must say that their evolutions are real ugly.

Back