• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Elemental Monkeys

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
Years
  • Well, as I just reset my White, and recently got my monkeh, was wondering if anyone uses it for very long, like into the endgame or even up to the E4 the first time around. Before I reset I only kept mine up to Elesa..Then just mehhed it..It was still level 18 lmao XD. I was also wondering your thoughts about them, like how useful they are and if you do decide to keep it, do you keep it un evolved to get those few extra moves? Or do you evolve it as soon as you can to make it look not as wimpy? Just wanted your guys thoughts on the elemental monkeys as a whole ^_^. And heres what I think of them: In the beginning, I believe they are useful, especially for the first gym, but after the first couple they start to become obsolete as new and stronger pokemon become available. Yet seeing as they cover your starters weakness they are especially useful in battles with Cheren, until your final battle at least. All in all, I believe it to be a good pokemon to use until you get into the endgame, or until you can catch other pokemon to cover your starters weakness. Well, theres my two cents..Now what is yours?:P

Dark Piplup

This user title is original
    Years
  • Meh. I never used it once. Except to beat Cilan and to get past the part where you need 2 pokemon. I may someday train my Pansear but not now.

NamelessGuy

<Insert Witty Title Here>
    Years
  • As stupid as the elemental monkeys look, my Simipour came in handy several times... Right now, it's chillin' in my PC.

Dr. Montague

FOnewm
    Years
  • I kept my Panpour around for about 20 more levels or so until after a while, I replaced it for something else (And then put Panpour back because it was better). But if you actually end up evolving it after it learns it's moves beforehand (Or use TMs/HMs) then it can easily do well in battles.

I'm still training mine to get all its moves before evolving it anyways.

Buggyo

I read the news today, oh boy.
    Years
  • My Panpour is sitting in one of my boxes at...level 14. I just never liked the concept of an elemental monkey. x__X

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen today
    I kept my Panpour until I got to Chargestone cave and decided to backtrack to Nacrene in order to revive Tirtouga.
    I then replaced Panpour with Tirtouga.

So now it's sitting in a box at lv.30.

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2013
    Elemental Monkeys- Are Terrible.

/Thread

Elemental Monkeys- Are Terrible.

/Thread

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I'm so glad the other one is finally dead (four months what lol) so that there can be a proper discussion. XD

I got the monkey, decided not to use it against the gym leader, then boxed it. To me they kinda seemed weak, and really, imo, are only useful against the first gym. Plus their designs are weird... :(

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    I use elemental monkey, simipour precisely, because my starter is Serperior and there is no decent water pokemon for me. so I decided to keep Simipour in my main team. He's quite useful actually. capable of learning many moves of many types.

Buggyo

I read the news today, oh boy.
    Years
  • I use elemental monkey, simipour precisely, because my starter is Serperior and there is no decent water pokemon for me. so I decided to keep Simipour in my main team. He's quite useful actually. capable of learning many moves of many types.
    Fair enough...water types in Gen V are the fire types of Gen IV. >__>

Eeohnex

Illuminate
    Years
  • Wish they would have let you chose the Elemental Monkey instead of automatically giving you one depending on which starter you picked, it would've made the game a little bit more interesting for me.

Throughout the game, I did used Pansage, taught him some TM's and evolved him right before the 4th Gym, but didn't used him on the Elite 4. Sure, Pansage did came handy for the 1st & 2nd Gym but after that, it started to lack moves sets in my opinion and of course, as I was continuing the game, better Pokémon appeared. I'm glad they give you an Elemental Monkey in the beginning of the game, something new.

The Nightmare

"I fight for what I belive in"
    Years
  • They are strong with moves and stats and even though they are second evolve they will be strong but I don't use them on my team because they kinda annoying to use when fighting someone.

PrinceTrase

Make that sacrifice . . .
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2011
    I've only used it to beat that first gym. Then I evolved it to boost my PokeDex another number. It seems that a lot of NPC trainers have them and I dislike like having a Pokemon that everyones uses. Yeah, yeah. The chances are pretty high that someone will have the party that I have, but I like to shake things up. I'm sure they aren't a bad bunch of monkeys once you train them well.

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2017
    Since I chose Snivy, I got Panpour for my game and used it up until the Desert Resort area. It was pretty useful but then I got some Pokemon I wanted to use in-game more. Now it's sort of sitting in my box unused, but I plan on breeding it for one to use in a competitive team because I need a good water type.

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2011
    I used my panpour until about level 45, then I decided to evolve him, got simipour, somewhere around 7th gym I believe, I only used Serperior Victini and Pan/Simipour to beat the game on the first play through. But once I beat it, he was about level 59, I just boxed him and Victini in favour of my pokemon from other gens.

Back