• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen elite 4 too easy in gold???

ravenfan4125

the ultimate trainer
Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2013
    i may be alone in this but did anyone else notice how easy the G/S/C e4 to be way too easy

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2008
    YES!!! It was extremely easy! :( Disappointingly easy :( The strongest Pokemon was level..45? :P It was too easy. My friend bet that game with just a level 63 Poliwrath

Angelic Diablo

Scyther >> You
    Years
  • Actually the strongest was 47 (Karen's Houndoom)... if you include Lance that it is his level 50 Dragonite that's the strongest

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2008
    Not only that, but the Kanto gym leaders after that, for the most part, didn't get stronger over the course of the journey. Their strongest pokemon were all in the range of Lv44-48 (Save for Blaine and Gary), and, inexplicably, Janine has been given all Pokemon under lv40.

But I guess they made up for it by making Red really hard to beat...hehehe, except I can still 1-hit-ko his L81 Pikachu with my Lv47 Rhydon...

Years
  • It was really easy. I thought it was hard so I trained really hard. By, the time I got to the elite four, i was over-leveled.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    The e4 are easy in every generation so yes, I have noticed. Not only do most of their movesets suck, but the Pokémon they use aren't too great, either. Murkrow, Ariados and Venomoth, anyone? All of them have pretty low stats or bad movepool that doesn't support them and sucky moves/low levels make the e4 pathetically easy. Red isn't that much harder as it's quite easy to beat him with Pokémon in their late fifties/early sixties.

anemos

Insomniac
    Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2010
    well in gsc, the elite four werent the final battles. the entire johto region opens with several sidequests. =/

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    GSC's E4 was the easiest of all the generations. I don't think the makers actually noticed that...

shinyraichu

The Master of Electricity
    Years
  • I Beat them with a level 40 something typlosion, and a level 40 something vileplume. The move-sets also always sucked, until D/P anyway. Their movesets are great.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    I Beat them with a level 40 something typlosion, and a level 40 something vileplume. The move-sets also always sucked, until D/P anyway. Their movesets are great.
    The D/P elites' movesets aren't great, but they aren't completely horrible either. Aaron's Vespiquen and Dustox movesets scare little children, Bertha's Quagsire makes me want to rant about how much stallers suck, Fissure on Golem (or any other Pokémon for that matter) is just lol and Flint's only decent Pokémon is Infernape. Lucian's moves are okay and Cynthia's sets are mostly 50% good, 50% fail. But the AI in D/P is even worse than before. I played through Diamond on an emulator and apparently Cynthia thought it's better to use Giga Impact than Earthquake on Empoleon and Aaron thought Megahorn would be more effective than Close Combat. So yeah, the elites in all games are equal in strenght I think. The D/P elites would have been a challenge if they wouldn't use some really crappy Pokémon (Dustox, Sudowoodo, Beautifly? L-M-A-O!) and if the AI wouldn't suck, but at least they programmed the AI in the earlier games to know the type chart so I wouldn't say any elites are harder than another.

Darkjagwar

lollerskates now available
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2014
    first of all, how is Lance supposed to get a Dragonite under lv 55???

and, yea, 2 easy, but that's only cause the game is only half over at this point. There's still the Kanto gyms and Red, who definitely is....sorta....maybe challeging w/ lv 70-80 pokés, but your pokés are über by that time so yea....w/e

Back