• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Elite Battle 2015: Gen 5 battle skin

Florio

Pokemon Crimson Skies Owner
    Years
    I got this error while trying to use a Pokeball on an Absol. The error kept occuring when trying to capture Pokemon until I soft reset, then it disappeared, but I feel like it will happen again.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Zeak6464

Zeak #3205 - Discord
    Years
    I got this error while trying to use a Pokeball on an Absol. The error kept occuring when trying to capture Pokemon until I soft reset, then it disappeared, but I feel like it will happen again.

Spoiler:

What version of Essentials are you using ?
    Also "EliteBattle_Scene:828:in `pokeballThrow' doesn't exist on this line...
    If you have edited the script it becomes your fault and you need to code a fix your self

`pokeballThrow' is on line 784-786

Florio

Years
    What version of Essentials are you using ?
    Also "EliteBattle_Scene:828:in `pokeballThrow' doesn't exist on this line...
    If you have edited the script it becomes your fault and you need to code a fix your self

I'm using v16.1, and I haven't edited the scripts.

Zeak6464

Zeak #3205 - Discord
    Years
    I'm using v16.1, and I haven't edited the scripts.
    "EliteBattle_Scene:828:in `pokeballThrow' doesn't exist on this line...
    your error is coming from that line ... so have fun fixing it

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
    "EliteBattle_Scene:828:in `pokeballThrow' doesn't exist on this line...
    your error is coming from that line ... so have fun fixing it

If you want to scold someone about their errors, you need to learn how to read the error message first. The error message says the error is IN def pokeballThrow, and pertains to the coordinates of the capturing Pokemon sprite, which is on line 828. There is an error because of the parameter issue with that def, which was a compatibility problem between EBS and v16.

All this tells me is that Florio didn't update all the necessary things, which is why he is getting an error.

Florio

Years
    There is no way I couldn't of upgraded properly. I'm using v16.1 Essentials clean and I just updated all the scripts again and its still happening. It happens randomly at times, I had to restart my PC this time to get it to stop.

EDIT: Also got this error after capturing a Woobat at the Safari Zone. Not sure if has to do with EBS or not. It made the game crash.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    hi!I have a problem when I'm going to battle with trainers or wild pokémons D: I instaled all of the filles and I put the scripts in the same order than your tutorial but I don't understand why this message appears when I start a fight

this is when I'm going to start a battle with a trainer
    Spoiler:

And with a wild pokémon
    Spoiler:

I need to admit I'm not good with scripts and I don't know so much about this but...please,help me D,:
    (And well,with english...normal(?)

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
    what?!O.O I didn't?...but I download the 8 scripts, the three packs....(the jpg to png converter no because I have it xD)
    man,I'm confuse now...~_~

Bro, you're missing battle Weather animations, which are a part of the Animations script, which means you didn't get all the necessary stuff. That's on you.

Years
    Bro, you're missing battle Weather animations, which are a part of the Animations script, which means you didn't get all the necessary stuff. That's on you.

that dindn't the problem...the problem is my delay XDD
    I had the animations,but I past another script,damn,thanks for all and sry for this stupid trouble!;-;

Years
    How would I go about making the sprites of battlers smaller after a certain move is used on them? I have the move successfully give the battler a status, and this status successfully edits the same variable that you use to change the color of battlers afflicted with a burn/freeze/paralysis.

Here's my code:
    Code:
            if @sprites["pokemon#{i}"].loaded
              [email protected][i].status
              case status
              when PBStatuses::SLEEP
                @sprites["pokemon#{i}"].actualBitmap.setSpeed(3)
                @sprites["pokemon#{i}"].status=0
              when PBStatuses::PARALYSIS
                @sprites["pokemon#{i}"].actualBitmap.setSpeed(2)
                @sprites["pokemon#{i}"].status=2
              when PBStatuses::FROZEN
                @sprites["pokemon#{i}"].actualBitmap.setSpeed(0)
                @sprites["pokemon#{i}"].status=3
              when PBStatuses::POISON
                @sprites["pokemon#{i}"].status=1
              when PBStatuses::BURN
                @sprites["pokemon#{i}"].status=4
              else
                @sprites["pokemon#{i}"].actualBitmap.setSpeed(1)
                @sprites["pokemon#{i}"].status=0
              end
              [email protected][i]
              brenda=-1
              brendax=0
              if @battle.battlers[i].effects != nil
                [email protected][i].effects[PBEffects::Illusion] if !(@battle.battlers[i].effects[PBEffects::Illusion].nil?)
                [email protected][i].effects[PBEffects::Substitute][COLOR="Red"]
                brendax=1 if @battle.battlers[i].effects[PBEffects::Minimize]
                brendax=2 if @battle.battlers[i].effects[PBEffects::Shrunken][/COLOR]
              end
              if bob.isShadow? && !isConst?(bob.species,PBSpecies,:LUGIA)
                @sprites["pokemon#{i}"].status+=5
              end
              if brenda>0
                @sprites["pokemon#{i}"].status=10
              end[COLOR="red"]
              @sprites["pokemon#{i}"].status+=11*brendax[/COLOR]
            end

I now need to multiply the zoom on the sprite by
    Code:
    (3-(@sprites["pokemon#{i}"].status/11))/3
    But where would I place this number? I've tried backtracing the locations of POKEMONSPRITESCALE, but that's confusing me.

EDIT Nevermind, I found the relevant bit of code a few lines down from what I posted.

Last edited:

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years

Elite Battle System: DS support!

So, I've finished it off. The EBS now officially supports Klein's BW kit. In order to use the two together, you'll need to download all the resources, and paste all the scripts above main (and below the BW Kit's custom Battle scripts), just like you would when installing a fresh copy of EBS. [S-HIGHLIGHT]Another important thing is, that you will need to use the most up-to-date version of the Easy Mouse System, in order to get full mouse support.[/S-HIGHLIGHT]
    Spoiler:

For anyone not interested in using EBS with Klein's BW kit, I'd still recommend to update all 8 script sections as a means of future proofing. I've tweaked pretty much each script section, and fixed up some minor bugs. Any future update for both DS and standard users will rely on you having updated to today's version. If you put the EBS in stock Essentials, you'll have the default single screen layout. Nothing will change with your EBS experience.

This way, everybody will be able to enjoy the most up-to-date version of EBS.

[S-HIGHLIGHT][NOTE]
    Klein's Map Exporting script breaks the ability of taking proper screenshots through the Graphics module. Since a lot of the visuals of the UI and VS transitions in EBS require those screenshots, I would advise to delete the Map Exporter from your scripts.[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

Last edited:
    Years
    Both you and Klein alias initialize to initialize_old, and pbEndBattle to pbEndBattle_old. This causes "stack too deep" errors if you insert your EBS into the BW system. I fixed it by changing the EBS code so that it aliased them to _old2

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
    Both you and Klein alias initialize to initialize_old, and pbEndBattle to pbEndBattle_old. This causes "stack too deep" errors if you insert your EBS into the BW system. I fixed it by changing the EBS code so that it aliased them to _old2

I don't know what version you're using, but I've tested it out on both V3 and V3.1.1, and there are no conflicting issues with aliasing.

Years
    I don't know what version you're using, but I've tested it out on both V3 and V3.1.1, and there are no conflicting issues with aliasing.

I downloaded the BW Kit from the link in your last post (which leads to v3.1.1), and the EBS from the OP for this topic. So unless you haven't updated the script links in the first post, the error is still there with the most recent version.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
    I downloaded the BW Kit from the link in your last post (which leads to v3.1.1), and the EBS from the OP for this topic. So unless you haven't updated the script links in the first post, the error is still there with the most recent version.

Dunno man, I have the same 3.1.1 version and the latest EBS installed on it. The only aliasing of the things you've mentioned are my own.

Years
    Dunno man, I have the same 3.1.1 version and the latest EBS installed on it. The only aliasing of the things you've mentioned are my own.

Weird. I got the "stack too deep" error, did the renaming and that fixed it, so I assumed it was because there were two inialize_old's that were calling each other.

Edit: Just did the same search you did, and this is what I got:

All hits are still yours, BUT there are two aliasings. One was added, lo and behold, for comparability with the BW system.

Last edited:

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
    All hits are still yours, BUT there are two aliasings. One was added, lo and behold, for comparability with the BW system.

Hahahha, lol, something got goofed up. If you look at the Scene script that was on my site, the same script is actually pasted in twice - which is why you have two of everything. I fixed the main file on the site.

I have a different issue now though, the visuals for the new UI aren't behaving properly. Graphics.snap_to_bitmap doesn't seem to want to snap to bitmap. I'll look at it tomorrow.

EDIT:
    I've figured out what was breaking the Graphics.snap_to_bitmap functionality. It was the map exporter bundled in the latest version of the kit. I've let Klein know, and I'd advise to delete the map exporter as it'll break any and all transitions/effects that rely on taking screenshots.

Last edited:
    Back