• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Elite Battle 2015: Gen 5 battle skin

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
  • Idk if this has been said, there are 14 pages so my browser is having issues so i havent look through the m all, the sprites pack for the pokemon are missing back/front normal/shiny sprites for some pokemon. ;.; do you have a pack thats full?

As far as I know, that is the complete sprite pack. How about being helpful, and actually telling me which sprites you think are missing, instead of being completely vague.

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2018
    As far as I know, that is the complete sprite pack. How about being helpful, and actually telling me which sprites you think are missing, instead of being completely vague.

Theres no need to be rude about it, i was just bringing it to your attention and i was going to just recolor sprites and fill them in for ya but i did find a FULL pack from the B/w2 kit for anyone who has the same issue, idk if they just didnt transfer over while everythign else did, but im not searching through 3,000+ sprites. so if you want a fix to this, download "Essentials BW V3" its in the graphic folder, same animations like the one in this one, names everything.

like i said before you were kinda rude, i wasnt going to look through 3,000+ sprites, which is why i decided to search for a replacement pack instead of spriting them all. youre welcome. I was just trying to bring it to your attention in case this has popped up before. was hoping maybe you wold be abit nicer and maybe xD a conversation at least but there ya go.

the resource pack should be on deviant art.

Last edited:

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • Theres no need to be rude about it, i was just bringing it to your attention and i was going to just recolor sprites and fill them in for ya but i did find a FULL pack from the B/w2 kit for anyone who has the same issue, idk if they just didnt transfer over while everythign else did, but im not searching through 3,000+ sprites. so if you want a fix to this, download "Essentials BW V3" its in the graphic folder, same animations like the one in this one, names everything.

like i said before you were kinda rude, i wasnt going to look through 3,000+ sprites, which is why i decided to search for a replacement pack instead of spriting them all. youre welcome. I was just trying to bring it to your attention in case this has popped up before. was hoping maybe you wold be abit nicer and maybe xD a conversation at least but there ya go.

the resource pack should be on deviant art.

If you can't provide me with adequate information, I can't provide you with an adequate solution. That's all there is to it. You made the claim that sprites are missing, so I assumed that you encountered this issue while testing your game, meaning that you'd see which sprites are missing. Saying "sprites are missing, but I can't be bothered to verify if they are, and which ones are" is not helpful at all.

Klein's BW kit is using the sprite pack from my EBS, since it is using EB as a base. So if that kit has all the required sprites, so does my sprite pack. If you're missing sprites, it is because of a mishap on your part. If you're still adamant that my pack is missing sprites, catalog which sprites are missing, and report appropriately. So thanks, referring to the sprites in the BW kit, just loops back to the original source which is the EBS. Again...not helpful at all.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2018
    If you can't provide me with adequate information, I can't provide you with an adequate solution. That's all there is to it. You made the claim that sprites are missing, so I assumed that you encountered this issue while testing your game, meaning that you'd see which sprites are missing. Saying "sprites are missing, but I can't be bothered to verify if they are, and which ones are" is not helpful at all.

Klein's BW kit is using the sprite pack from my EBS, since it is using EB as a base. So if that kit has all the required sprites, so does my sprite pack. If you're missing sprites, it is because of a mishap on your part. If you're still adamant that my pack is missing sprites, catalog which sprites are missing, and report appropriately. So thanks, referring to the sprites in the BW kit, just loops back to the original source which is the EBS. Again...not helpful at all.

Like i said there might have been a mishap when your files were transferring to mine, i was just bringing attention to it in case there was an issue, so never mind ._., -.- thank you for the kit but just nevermind lol have a damn good day

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2018
    I got an error while opening my game back up, it wasnt there beforehand, I played around a bit and didnt save, and closed it out, well now i open it back up and i test it through the rpg maker program and i get this errorlog:

Spoiler:

I also get an error while opening up with the actual "Game Application"

Spoiler:

Which speaking of title screen, importing a new title screen/title bg music will not change through the rpg maker program.

Any thoughts on this? Would really appreciate it.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • I got an error while opening my game back up, it wasnt there beforehand, I played around a bit and didnt save, and closed it out, well now i open it back up and i test it through the rpg maker program and i get this errorlog:
    You messed something up. That has nothing to do with my battle system.
    I also get an error while opening up with the actual "Game Application"

Which speaking of title screen, importing a new title screen/title bg music will not change through the rpg maker program.

Any thoughts on this? Would really appreciate it.
    The title screen has nothing to do with this thread. And, btw, here you go again being completely vague. How about saying "Hey Luka, I'm using YOUR custom title screen". But no, apparently when reporting bugs, asking for detail is too much. In any case, that error has nothing to do on my end either, and you should have brought up that question in the appropriate thread.

The title screen comes with its own set of config variables. There are specific BGM config variables as there are multiple (so far 2) styles of title screen that utilize different types of BGM. So no, you can't use the global RMXP title screen configuration to change your BGM.

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2018
    You messed something up. That has nothing to do with my battle system.

The title screen has nothing to do with this thread. And, btw, here you go again being completely vague. How about saying "Hey Luka, I'm using YOUR custom title screen". But no, apparently when reporting bugs, asking for detail is too much. In any case, that error has nothing to do on my end either, and you should have brought up that question in the appropriate thread.

The title screen comes with its own set of config variables. There are specific BGM config variables as there are multiple (so far 2) styles of title screen that utilize different types of BGM. So no, you can't use the global RMXP title screen configuration to change your BGM.

Dude i provided you with information even the error log can you stop being an ass?? like hoenstly, yeah idk much about this stuff at all so from my point of view that was what i thought i had to provide, even with error log you still didnt give me any info. you did with the title screen and i appreciate that, but maybe you can actually tell me stuff on the other issue or kinda guide me to the area. Im sorry if im coming off as an ass to but youre getting snarky, and im just looking for help.

You could also tell me hey i need this information, itll tell me more, instead of just being like hey stop being vague, oh look youre vague again. ._. thanks for the reply i guess

plus whether or not its with yours, i do not know know cause im still learning so sorrryyy, i still came to you because i thought hey this guy made a whole kit maybe he can be helpful. which is why i came to you with the error log as well as its dealing with attacks, i thought you would be able to help.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • I don't know what caused your mishap just from looking at the error code. And the nice thing is that I don't care to investigate what did. It's not on my end, so it does not concern me. And you can whine all you want for not getting the response you're looking for, but I don't care. I have plenty of other things to do with my life, than contemplate what your problems are. I don't know what you did or didn't do since the last time it worked. For all I know you could have deleted something from the compiler script, or deleted something from the files in your PBS folder, neither of which have anything to do with me.
    yeah idk much about this stuff at all so from my point of view that was what i thought i had to provide
    Because you don't know much about this stuff, you're in no position to assume what is or isn't enough. I am not sitting on a magic crystal ball, that lets me know what you have done to your game, and whose scripts you're using. For all I know, there are hundreds of title screen scripts out there, and you put me in a position where I had to guess what you were referring to. Me making an informed and accurate guess doesn't remedy the fact that after I called you out on being vague, you continued to be vague once again.
    i still came to you because i thought hey this guy made a whole kit maybe he can be helpful. which is why i came to you with the error log as well as its dealing with attacks
    Just for the record, I didn't make a whole kit, I made an add-on for the Essentials toolkit. This thread is about my system. I don't see what's wrong in asking that all the discussions held here be specific to that system. If you want general answers, to general questions, ask in the appropriate place. My system is run through RMXP, so what now you'll post here every time you have a problem with eventing? Don't be funny.

This concludes my discussion on the matter. If you want to continue the argument do so via VM, but I don't want to be spamming the thread with stuff that isn't related to it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2018
    just forget it you cant be polite in anyway, ill find out information on my own. and just for the record ive only added your elite battle system, followed your instructions. So have a god damn good day. -.-

Years
  • TLotLC - Just for the record, of the addon-creators here, Luka is one of the nicer ones. I admit he sometimes has an issue providing details on what details he wants you to provide, but usually that's when you're so vague he doesn't even know what data is missing from his perspective.

And when he says he's done talking about an issue here, it's because it is, for all intents and purposes, off-topic here. If a mod were to come in, they could go through and remove any off-topic posts, and I don't know how the eReputation system here works, but I doubt that having three or four angrily-written off-topic posts deleted would be good for yours.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • Hey Hey, update time!

I've changed several script sections, the list is as follows:

Apparently move animations were still broken, but now they should be completely fixed. New functionality is the new BACKSPRITESCALE. Those of you who don't want to use the default x2 perspective for the backsprites, don't need to annoy me any further. Change this value to change the zooms on the back sprites. I've also programmed a new Mega Evolution animation. This animation will overwrite whatever you made through the animation error, but you can set the CUSTOMMEGAANIM value to true to stop that behaviour.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Are the links leading to the updated scripts? I tried searching for CUSTOMMEGAANIM so that I could just take your Mega Evolution animation (I don't want to do that big of a update since I've made a crapton of changes myself - mostly to the UI, but I know there's been changes to the Sprite, Animation, and BitmapWrapper sections), but I do want to test your mega animation.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • Are the links leading to the updated scripts? I tried searching for CUSTOMMEGAANIM so that I could just take your Mega Evolution animation (I don't want to do that big of a update since I've made a crapton of changes myself - mostly to the UI, but I know there's been changes to the Sprite, Animation, and BitmapWrapper sections), but I do want to test your mega animation.

OH, wow. I linked to the wrong server. Ok, fixed the links.

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2023
    Elite Battle 2015: Gen 5 battle skinElite Battle 2015: Gen 5 battle skin
    So I got a few little issues after updating my Elite battle system. All gender icons were replaced with question marks and when I send out a shiny pokemon it briefly hovers in the air as it performs the shiny animation.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • So I got a few little issues after updating my Elite battle system. All gender icons were replaced with question marks
    I didn't update the UI scripts, but I'm glad you downloaded them anyway. I saved the file with the wrong encoding, so the gender symbols got deleted.
    and when I send out a shiny pokemon it briefly hovers in the air as it performs the shiny animation.
    I can't tell what's happening with your stuff, as I can't replicate the error.

Years
  • I didn't update the UI scripts, but I'm glad you downloaded them anyway. I saved the file with the wrong encoding, so the gender symbols got deleted.

I can't tell what's happening with your stuff, as I can't replicate the error.

I actually get that same thing happening. It's only while the "sparkle" animation is playing. The same thing seems to happen with mega Pokemon as well but they continue to hover. Also, with the update you just released, when a Pokemon gets hit in battle their sprite moves up about the same amount. It's additive though, so mega Pokemon are affected the worst. The final thing {XD} I crash when going to the Pokedex due to your Pokedex fix. Here's the error:
    Code:
    Exception: NoMethodError
    Message: undefined method `setBitmap' for #<PokemonSprite:0xb3d7210>
    EliteBattle_BitmapWrappers:287:in `pbUpdate'
    PScreen_PokedexNestForm:217:in `pbStartScene_fix'
    EliteBattle_BitmapWrappers:255:in `pbStartScene'
    PScreen_PokedexNestForm:414:in `pbStartScreen'
    PScreen_Pokedex:844:in `pbDexEntry'
    PScreen_Pokedex:774:in `loop'
    PScreen_Pokedex:847:in `pbDexEntry'
    PScreen_Pokedex:773:in `pbActivateWindow'
    PScreen_Pokedex:773:in `pbDexEntry'
    PScreen_Pokedex:1078:in `pbPokedex'
    I was checking Pidgeotto but it happens for every Pokemon I've tried.

I've not edited your scripts in any way. The other scripts I have are:
    Pokémon Starter Selection [ADVANCED VERSION] - by shiney570
    Unreal Time System - by FL
    Random Egg Generator - by FL

The changes I've made are:
    Added Paralysis immunity to Electric types in the script PokeBattle_BattlerEffects.
    Added "Trap" move immunity to Ghost types in the script PokeBattle_Battle.
    Removed Steel's resistance to Ghost and Dark in the PBS.
    Added Fairy to the PBS.
    Assigned Fairy to the Pokemon and Moves that were changed in Gen VI in the PBS.
    Updated the Base Stats of the Pokemon that were changed in Gen VI in the PBS.
    Added a custom evolution for the way Eevee evolves into Sylveon in the script Pokemon_Evolution.
    Added the capability for evolution after a battle even if you lose or tie in the script PField_Field.
    Added mega evolutions for Absol and Lucario (both using ESCAPEROPE as their "mega stone" for now) in the script Pokemon_MultipleForms.
    Added Chespin to the PBS.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • I actually get that same thing happening ...

Wtf? None of these should be happening. I re-uploaded all of the previously mentioned script sections. Download them again, and come back to me with the result.

[EDIT]
    Ok, I can now confirm that all these issues are related due to some compatibility issue with the Gen 6 project. I'll have a look into it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2023
    Wtf? None of these should be happening. I re-uploaded all of the previously mentioned script sections. Download them again, and come back to me with the result.

[EDIT]
    Ok, I can now confirm that all these issues are related due to some compatibility issue with the Gen 6 project. I'll have a look into it.

The gender icons are back again but my shinies are still floating...

Years
  • I've updated the Animations and BitmapWrappers again. This should fix the problems.

Shiny Pokemon are fixed but mega Pokemon still float for me. The Pokedex also still crashes but there's a new error:
    Code:
    ---------------------------
    Pokemon Essentials
    Exception: TypeError

EliteBattle_BitmapWrappers:260:in `z='

EliteBattle_BitmapWrappers:260:in `pbStartScene'

PScreen_PokedexNestForm:414:in `pbStartScreen'

PScreen_Pokedex:844:in `pbDexEntry'

PScreen_Pokedex:774:in `loop'

PScreen_Pokedex:847:in `pbDexEntry'

PScreen_Pokedex:773:in `pbActivateWindow'

PScreen_Pokedex:773:in `pbDexEntry'

PScreen_Pokedex:1078:in `pbPokedex'

PScreen_Pokedex:1046:in `loop'

This exception was logged in 

C:\Users\Jordon\Saved Games/Pokemon Essentials/errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
    OK   

My setup is the same as before with your updated scripts.

Back