• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Elite four a bit over levled?

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2008
    If anything, it should be harder.

Cynthia was tough, but the others were borderline laughable.

RaikaCastillo

Spark Javelin!!!
    Years
  • I personally found the Elite Four in D/P to be a big dissapointment. In the previous games it has always taken me several times to beat them. However, Sinnoh's E4 are relatively easy (except for Cynthia who as actually decent).

My guess is that you need to change your tactics if you're having trouble with them.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    dot you think that pokemon Diamond and Pokemon Pearl elite four is much more over leveled than most previous games? alot of training is involved just to mtch their levels i believe that its very high.
    No I don't I think they where under leveled I beat them with too much ease they should of made them a bit stronger.

Years
  • For me, no. The only leader I really had troubles with was Lucian. That was a difficult battle for me for some reason :P
    I guess my pokemon weren't up to it. :(

But overall, no. I'd say it wasn't that hard ^^

King_Lucario

An eternal struggle...
    Years
  • If you were to compare the Elite Four of D/P/P with the other Elite Fours, the Elite Four of D/P/P is much more stronger. This is to enhance gameplay and to make the game more interesting. Another resion they probably did this is to make training more serious.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Yes, they were overleveled.
    but that doesn't mean that they were any trouble.
    i just thought the selection of pokemon was terrible.
    my pokemon were about 10 levels below, and i had little trouble with everyone except cynthia.
    Hopefully, platinum will fix that problem*crosses fingers*

Zet

Years
  • nah, they weren't over lvl'd but if they had lvl 80+ pokemon from the start than yes but then again that would be completely awesome

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
  • Wouldn't increasing the Level of the Elite Four make it much more difficult for the children who play Pokemon too? It can't be forgotten that little kids also play Pokemon. If the Elite Four was too difficult for little kids, then they wouldn't be able to beat it as easily as we could, and they wouldn't want to purchase future games. Don't get me wrong, I would love a much stronger Elite Four. But that doesn't mean I won't buy a game because it's too hard unlike a child would. Producers (Gamefreak/Nintendo) would probably favor them more than teens and adults who prefer more of a challenge.

I would prefer the option of rebattling a new Elite Four with stronger Pokemon after beating them the first time, similar to FR/LG. Then everyone wins :)

Exactly, I remember I had to do some leveling up of some random EV trained pokemon in FR so I went back to fight the Elite 4 and found them 10 levels higher. That was a nice surprise.
    I don't want too see The Elite 4 with anyhting higher than level 77-79. Everything up above that just seemed reserved for all the Elitists. That's why I love all the ultimate trainers like Red from G/S/C and Steven from Emerald. I just think instead of maxing them out at 79 and 81 they could be raised to 93 or something like that.

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2009
    I just miss my good old Yellow version...my goodness, they were hard then. Or was I just younger? Been a long time since I actually played that one, but I remember it being so hard lol.

Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2009
    Well, they are on level with Kanto.

But you also have to think, you didn't have a Vs. Seeker in Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow, so a wild pokemon battle was the main way to level up back then. Now, IMO they've made things too easy on us, but whatever. I don't mind much myself, the only thing I hate about DP so far is the slow gameplay. Other than that leveling is fine and the E4 are not very high.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    No Elite 4 are difficult. It's all a matter of what type of Pokemon you have at the time. Levels mean nothing really. I just aim for super effective hits; it's a bad method for competative battling, but ingame it's golden.

A hint: When challenging the Elite 4, bring a Medicham. It'll wipe out the entire league bar Bronzong, which is an easy fire attack away from going down.

King_Lucario

An eternal struggle...
    Years
  • This is what I think should happen:

There should be an initial Elite Four as in every game, but there should also be super trainers (ie Steven from Emerald and Red from G/S/C). Also, I think there should be a difficulty selection for the game. Here is how it would run down:

Easy: Classic gameplay. Training is simpler and gameplay is casual. However, less money is earned.

Normal: Regular gameplay. Training is at its normal level and gameplay is similar to previous games. Money gain is normal.

Hard: Slightly more difficult than normal. Training is harder and levels are higher. More strategy to gameplay. Money and EXP gain are increased.

Elite: For the best of the best. Opponents take no mercy on you and will think quickly. Pokemon are harder to catch and gameplay is at its fiercest. Levels are significantly higher, but money and EXP gains are tripled. This is ONLY for the best of the best.

This would make battling the Elite Four more flexible to your needs.

ebil_kitty_of_doom

Vampire Cat
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2008
    It took me over a year ro finally beat them. A few months ago I said to myself "I can do this!" and then I went and stocked up on max potions and revives, and I won! if I hadn't done that, I would probably not have beaten them. That just goes to show how much a positive attitude can make a difference. If they make them any harder it will probably take me two years.

Last edited:

Lee Jin Tyz

TWIZZLE TYZ my nick is live
    Years
  • I actually found the pokemon league in diamond and pearl just right. it wasn't to easy and it wasn't overly challenging. Also the pokemon is more of strategy building such as types weaknesses and types strengths, and when to or when not to use items.

Back