• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Elite four a bit over levled?

Years
  • To be honest, I found them at just the right level to beat them and still be challenged a bit. It wasn't too difficult and as long as you've got at least four pokes above lv 50 and enough potions/revives, it's a breeze.

I actually found Kanto to have the toughest set of E4 trainers. Johto was easy and Blaziken owned three of the five trainers in Hoenn, while Sinnoh's were hard but not extremely challenging. Other than Lucian's Bronzong, I had a pretty easy time.

Years
  • I do find that the first pokemon that the Elite Four typically use in their parties are usually the most annoying pokemon they've got. Aaron's Dustox uses Toxic and Double Team, Bertha's Quagsire does the same thing, except it also has Protect, Flint's Rapidash uses Sunny Day, which not only powers up Fire moves (and weakens the water moves that you may want to use against him), it also allows him to use Solarbeam at the drop of a hat. Lucian's Mr.Mime uses Barrier and Light Screen, which will likely be around several turns after you've beaten Mr.Mime, and Cynthia's Spiritomb has high defenses, no weakness, and the Pressure ability.

But if you get past their first pokemon, it's likely that you'll be fine for the rest of the battle. Just watch out for Cynthia's Milotic, it uses Mirror Coat, so you'll want to use Physical attacks on it.

Aquilae

=))))))))88888888OOOOOOOO<
    Years
  • Implementing these easy / hard changes with boosts to exp / monetary gains will decrease game-to-game compatibility, trading and such. "I'll trade over to my hard game so I'll get 3x exp!!" shouldn't be considered.

Next, I don't see anyone taking in account of the level caps. Lets say we make a hard mode for Gold, then what level will Red's pokemon be at? 101+? I doubt Nintendo would want to mess with those mechanics just to appeal to the older audience.

Years
  • i think it all balanced out tcause this elite 4 no offence to aniibody had really crap pokemon except for lucian he was a bit of a challenge but the rest of them were a pice of cake literally i was eating cake at the time and i said something stupid like this elite for is this and pointed to my cake i know im an idiot but persoally all the elite 4s havee to take a lesson from the original and toughen up i rekon this would be the hardest set of elite fours

1st person
    Lorilie
    2nd person
    pheboe or bertha
    3rd person
    Bruno kanto version though
    4th person
    LAnce drake or lucian
    and champion
    Lance from kanto

ErickaVolt

Born to kill.
    Years
  • dot you think that pokemon Diamond and Pokemon Pearl elite four is much more over leveled than most previous games? alot of training is involved just to mtch their levels i believe that its very high.

No. They are not. It is easy if your team has different types with all level 45-50. Just use revives and potions, and mostly your mind. All E4 is just the same. They're easy to beat.

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    Well, at least they made leveling to level 100 easier than in RSE.

Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2008
    i havent done it yet but i have done the first 4 just need to beat the chanmpion but my palkia pretty much single handedly beat the first 4 after i taught it flamethrower because it has an awesome moveset when you get it

Serrah

→ Kaori's Alt
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2016
    I don't think it's overleveled...and Bronzong was really not that hard...but it does depend on what kind of team you have so.......
    I wish like LG and FR they made the elite 4 get stronger and stronger!

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2013
    personally, they werent that hard... i think they shoulda been harder... either that or make them harder as you challenged them more.

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
  • I dunno about you guys, but honestly I was happy to get through the E4 in one shot. What better way to get around to being able to EV/IV without fear of not completing a goal?

Well..okay so that is possible before them, but still. Resources. Rawr.

To answer the question though, no, they were easy. Except that DANG BRONZONG. EFF.

I do hope Platinum adds a lot more fun to the mix in the E4. I mean 59 possible new Pokemon? YAY. I sure hope they're tantalizing.

By the way, anyone really really reaaaaaaally waiting for the Pokemon game to come out that features a tournament like the show instead of "8 badges, well here ya go, Indigo Plateau"? I understand the game came first but honestly, I feel so alone in the RPG aspect of the game >_<

It'd be cool if you had multiple rivals all of which make it to the Pokemon League and that have something like a 64 bracket tournament to try and win (in which your opponents could be randomized, you could talk to and have a fan base in the audience, upsets over the "favorites" and an epic final versus a surprise newbie or one of your arch foes.) Then you could fight the Elite Four. ^_^

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • I dunno about you guys, but honestly I was happy to get through the E4 in one shot. What better way to get around to being able to EV/IV without fear of not completing a goal?

Well..okay so that is possible before them, but still. Resources. Rawr.

To answer the question though, no, they were easy. Except that DANG BRONZONG. EFF.

I do hope Platinum adds a lot more fun to the mix in the E4. I mean 59 possible new Pokemon? YAY. I sure hope they're tantalizing.

By the way, anyone really really reaaaaaaally waiting for the Pokemon game to come out that features a tournament like the show instead of "8 badges, well here ya go, Indigo Plateau"? I understand the game came first but honestly, I feel so alone in the RPG aspect of the game >_<

It'd be cool if you had multiple rivals all of which make it to the Pokemon League and that have something like a 64 bracket tournament to try and win (in which your opponents could be randomized, you could talk to and have a fan base in the audience, upsets over the "favorites" and an epic final versus a surprise newbie or one of your arch foes.) Then you could fight the Elite Four. ^_^

Brackets? That's such an odd suggestion for you! =P

But yeah that would be pretty cool. Tournaments are always awesometastic.

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    Agreeing with this.
    It sucks that in the games it's like the only competent trainers in the game are the gym leaders, villains and your rival. Having multiple rivals and a tournament would liven things up and give the elite 4 a little more status than just 'those guys you need to pwn before you can see the end credits'.

On topic, the E4 is NOT hard. The champions probably pose the biggest threat and not even they're too hard if you know what you're doing.
    I'd like to see that nifty little feature from FR/LG come back where the E4 gets stronger and stronger. That would make leveling to 100 that much easier.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
  • I found Cynthia to be one of the hardest Champion's overall because I couldn't just pick a certain pokemon with x type move and walk through them, she had a diverse type basis which I liked.

I love the Torunament idea, probabley why I did the Battle Dome in Emerald so many times. Though I hated how easy the first tournaments were. I don't want to battle Squirtle's thank you very much.
    Tournament and/or elite 4 sounds good.

Zennerick

The Researcher
    Years
  • Third Time's The Charm

Not really, they were easy to beat. It took me three trys to beat them, but then again, I had horrible Pokemon.

4th Gen Matt

Pokemon Onyx Creator
    Years
  • Kind of.

Only ones I had difficulty with was Milotic and Garchomp. I used 30 Revives to kill Garchomp!

Milotic was only hard because I had NO grass or electric types, and because it kept using Aqua Ring.

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2014
    No, the E4 was fine. I actually liked the difficulty of it, such an upgrade from the Gym Leaders. I literally whizzed right through up to the E4 with pokes in the 40-45 area (and the 45 was even only because it was traded). Then, I bought Ice Beam for my Blissey, so I had to earn money for items, not to mention gain a little experience. I don't remember the debut, but it was somewhere around 48-55 for most of my pokemon, along with the level 64 traded Alakazam. Double EXP is crazy x.x;. The only trainers who even gave me trouble then were the last two, primarily because I had no pokemon to take on the Psychic of the other guy, and Cynthia because she actually had a halfway decent team. I remember one of Cynthia's, although not which one in particular, wiped out like 3 of my pokes in a row. I was literally one-on-one at the very end, and got incredibly lucky.

So, E4 was fine. Gym Leaders were pathetic though.

Bendak

I suck at pogeymanz
    Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2022
    They were a little higher than usual but it wasnt really a problem

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2008
    I don't know about you guys but I had trouble getting through Victory Road. The Elite 4 wasn't so bad but they were hard. I have to admit that.

Back