• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Elite four a bit over levled?

Years
  • Well the Platinum one is supposed to be a few levels higher, but nothing huge. They stop at Lv78 XD.
    They need a progressive challenge in the game, where you can have a team of 6 and hax items/OHKO Moves are banned. Sort of like the HaxTower, but you don't get 2 pokemon OHKO'd by a Scarfed Snorlax that manages to outspeed your Weavile only to find your 95% acc. move misses and you get OHKO'd by a Dynamic Punch.

Anyway, the League is a joke when you can sweep the entire thing with a single Lv 70. It needs to be more diverse, forcing you to use more than two pokemon.

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
  • ahhh no...
    I beat them 1st try on my diamond, and 1st try on my platinum and 5 of my 6 pokemon wer fainted!
    its very basic, I'm glad that they get stronger in the second round 4 platinum...

Kanto E4 was the hardest by far...

Darklugia

Resident poor person
    Years
  • I haven't come to the Elite four yet sadly. I only got Diamond in the summer, so Its my first run through. I spent ages finding pokemon I wanted in my team and ev'ing them for Wifi later on. But I'm nearly there, just released the emotion pokes and my team is alla bout level 45 .

Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2008
    palkia beat them all at lv 55 and only like 10 revives and 15 max potions
    also what was everyones game time first time they beat the elite four?
    mine was 18:06

No78

Part Time Trainer
    Years
  • I don't think they were overlevelled really... They need to be higher, there aren't enough training places at the end of the game if you want to get to level 100... If the Elite Four got stronger every time they were beaten as someone suggested, it would be much more fun!

s p a c e c o w b o y

Im Part Vaporeon.....
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2011
    i think it took alot of training for me... im more of a 75% mindless attacking 20% items and 5% stratigy. i know i spelt stratigy wrong

Angelic Diablo

Scyther >> You
    Years
  • The only trouble I had with the elite four was kept running out of PP for some of my moves, mind you I was trying to not go in with a team that just had attack moves, It's actually quite funny using a +6 Dragon Dance Gyarados against them.

Platinum should be good, increasing levels every so often, up to an actual decent level, same with the rival near the battle frontier, might actually bother raising my team to level 100 rather than just leaving them at 32 or so once EV training is done

S1d8pink

shaymin fan
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2009
    well i dont think there too high
    but they are better than the elete four in other games

Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 2, 2009
    Well... In Diamond in Pearl... If you've gotten Pal Park yet... you can just migrate Pokemon to help defeate the Elite 4... And No it should be more challenging... It's just wayyy to easy!
    Well unless you somehow catch a feebas without a super(which you get after the national dex) and evolve it into a milotic then then you wouldn'nt be able to get the national dex without defeating the elite unless trading with others.

Years
  • They were perfect in my opinion.

Not too high, certainly not too low. They were a decent challenge that required a decent amount of training for.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Well the Platinum one is supposed to be a few levels higher, but nothing huge. They stop at Lv78 XD.
    They need a progressive challenge in the game, where you can have a team of 6 and hax items/OHKO Moves are banned. Sort of like the HaxTower, but you don't get 2 pokemon OHKO'd by a Scarfed Snorlax that manages to outspeed your Weavile only to find your 95% acc. move misses and you get OHKO'd by a Dynamic Punch.

Anyway, the League is a joke when you can sweep the entire thing with a single Lv 70. It needs to be more diverse, forcing you to use more than two pokemon.
    78 isn't bad i would prefer them to be at atleast 85-87 it would be more of a challenge making them worth of being the elite four.

probably volkner hey was easyest;

volkner was a gym leader not the elite four.

wus6r

pokemon expert
    Years
  • every time i get a new pokemon game i speed through it training my starter ONLY, skiping as many trainers as possible and then picking up all the legenderies i can find then fill the rest of my team with pokes from victory road (first runthrough only), i had a level 75 empoleon, lv 50 legendery trio, lv 47 dialga and a lv 47 steelix and i smashed them. i thought crystal's was the hardest personally, i got my hands on one after i beat fire red and saphire.

Years
  • i wish they were higher,i love having 2 use strategy a bit more in the game and its so much more satisfying when u win and they are really strong.

Back