• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: Elite four and Gym Leaders.

HyperVortex

Youtube Battler
Years
  • I think this place should have a Elite four and gym leaders. Considering how big this forum is, there shouldn't be a problem making this. Having a Elite Four and Gym leaders here would be a lot of fun . And I think the members will enjoy this very much. It'll be just like the game, there will be 8 gym leaders that you have to beat in order to challenge the Elite four . The gym leaders will have 8 badges just like in the game.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    This is actually somewhat mentioned in CBC's suggestion thread since it relates to that forum the most. You'll probably get better responses there if you add onto the suggestion that comes under PC League than here probably.

It does sound fun though either way!

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I think moderators should be changed to be called gym leaders! But we have too many ranks to make that uniform! Emblems should be changed to badges.

Years
  • If you are uncreative like I currently am and not using a custom user title, your user title will be one of these if your post count is high enough. A list exists and I'm pretty sure I've seen it before, I just don't know where exactly
    Elite four and Gym Leaders.

...or am I missing the point of the thread?

HyperVortex

Youtube Battler
    Years
  • I'm surprised this forum doesn't have this considering how colossal this forum is. Lots of other forums have a Gym Leaders and Elite Four.

Serebiish

WTF?
    Years
  • HyperVortex you mean a league,well for that a whole preparement is needed,like they need to pick tester or people to be the said leaders,and those need to have PO/WiFi etc.
    A lot needs to happen,so unless

The big boss decides/It's a forum-wide decision I think it's kinda unlikely

HyperVortex

Youtube Battler
    Years
  • I have both PO and Wifi. I've been a gym leader and E4 before in another forum. I'm one of the people who test for this kind of stuff in the other forum. And I think the Big Boss should make a league because this is a pokemon forum after all. The League will get lots of attention considering how enormous PC is. When I first came here ( two days ago ) I was paralyzed by the fact a pokemon forum this big did not possess this.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • I have both PO and Wifi. I've been a gym leader and E4 before in another forum. I'm one of the people who test for this kind of stuff in the other forum. And I think the Big Boss should make a league because this is a pokemon forum after all. The League will get lots of attention considering how enormous PC is. When I first came here ( two days ago ) I was paralyzed by the fact a pokemon forum this big did not possess this.

This forum is not solely for competitive battling though. So having Gym Leaders etc forum-wide would be pointless. It's best to bring this up in the CBC Improvement thread that Forever linked to.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    These things always fall apart because it's far too difficult to get a group of people who are always available to battle everyone who wants to challenge them from around the world.

People aren't Pokémon playing robots who are on call 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • Maybe have like a Elite Four/Gym Leader type system for each subforum? I mean, when I'm on which is either all day every day or not for 4 months I'm in the challenges, and I know for a fact that there are a significant number of people that could qualify as a Gym Leader or Elite Four of the challenge forum. No idea what they would do besides answer Q&A that can easily be posted in the CI&D, but could be cool.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    We don't have a large enough or active enough battling community to have a league with Gym Leaders etc. Currently this would be very difficult for us to pull off without failing.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
  • We don't have a large enough or active enough battling community to have a league with Gym Leaders etc. Currently this would be very difficult for us to pull off without failing.

I think Vrai has the main reason.
    While PC is very large, the number of active battlers who would be committed to maintaining a 'Gym' is slim.

We do have some leagues though, I remember making a few in the past. Check here if you like.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • I think it would be a great idea! The question is are there to few moderators to do that or to much?
    What do you mean? Moderators aren't the issue for this, its the battling member base that isn't expansive that is the issue.

To the OP just because a site as a whole is large as a whole doesn't mean all the sub forums are large in terms of regulars. There are so many of those sub forums so of course it will be big altogether.

AquaticWartortle

Teh Best Wartortle
    Years
  • What do you mean? Moderators aren't the issue for this, its the battling member base that isn't expansive that is the issue.

To the OP just because a site as a whole is large as a whole doesn't mean all the sub forums are large in terms of regulars. There are so many of those sub forums so of course it will be big altogether.

Like there are 8 gym leaders in each region right?, & 4 elite fours (obviously), so there could be to much moderators to do that or not enough moderators! Hope this clears things up! ;)

Years
  • Like there are 8 gym leaders in each region right?, & 4 elite fours (obviously), so there could be to much moderators to do that or not enough moderators! Hope this clears things up! ;)

The thing is, most of the site's moderators don't actually do competitive battling very often, if they actually do competitive battling at all, so the Gym Leaders and Elite Four members would have to come from the regular members who visit the competitive battling section.

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • We should have Gym Leaders and Elite Four as like a status for specific forums, not necessarily for competitive battling.

Back