• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Elite Four Help

michele

☮ & ♥
Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    i really don't know if this belongs here lol there's far too many forums/sub-forums to consider, so if this is in the wrong place please do move it.

so, currently in HG i'm about to face lance - the champion, for the first time. but there's a MAAAJOR problem. let me tell you my story:

i entered the pokemon league as kind of a joke, or a test to myself, i should say. i was just gonna go in there and see how far i could get with my extremely underleveled team. but now i've beaten all the elite four with them, i'm about to take on lance, and my items are now very limited. here's the team that i have:

meganium lvl 43 [male]
    held item: miracle seed
    -earthquake
    -magical leaf
    -razor leaf
    -poisonpowder

ampharos lvl 41 [male]
    held item: magnet
    -discharge
    -thunderpunch
    -thundershock
    -thunder wave

cloyster lvl 39 [female]
    held item: nevermeltice
    -surf
    -aurora beam
    -avalanche
    -ice shard

butterfree lvl 36 [female]
    held item: exp. share
    -psybeam
    -silver wind
    -confusion
    -sleep powder

arcanine lvl 35 [male]
    held item: charcoal
    -strength
    -fire fang
    -flame wheel
    -bite

primeape lvl 35 [female]
    held item: brightpowder
    -karate chop
    -assurance
    -seismic toss
    -focus energy

now, keep this in mind: my meganium and ampharos are the only pokemon on my team right now that have not fainted. i only have 3 max revives left - no revives. i have 7 max potion, 3 hyper potion, 3 super potion, 9 full heal, 1 full restore, and 1 lemonade.

if you want a complete list of my status healing items, hp/pp restore items, battle items, berries, etc. just ask.

so - what should i do if i have any hopes in beating lance with this underleveled team? or am i pretty much effed? :\

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Cloyster will definitely be a huge help of course, so she needs a revive.

Ampharos can easily take out his lead gyarados, and cloyster can take out everything else with either Surf or Ice Shard/Aurora Beam. The huge underlevelledness is a problem though. You may have to reset a couple times to get lucky with dodge rates. XD

I beat Lance without an Ice attack by abusing Leech Seed and Poison Fang, so it's not entirely helpless, jut be creative with using Meganium's poisonpowder and take advantage of his "lol, using a full restore" turns to switch or heal if you have to.

michele

☮ & ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    cloyster is definitely a must, i'm aware, but she doesn't have the greatest defence and she's not too fast either, so not only will she not hit first but she will most likely get one hit ko-ed. i could load her up on battle items but i'm too scared that even that wouldn't work. :\

i only had to restart once while battling the elite four. hopefully i won't have to restart too much trying to beat lance. x]

Safetyfirst

Chloe Moretz Fan
    Years
  • Eww Yuck. Cloyster 3 ice moves, Ampharos 3 electric moves, etc. Really?

I think you should die to Lance and think about the pain you put your lovely pokemon through.

michele

☮ & ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Eww Yuck. Cloyster 3 ice moves, Ampharos 3 electric moves, etc. Really?

I think you should die to Lance and think about the pain you put your lovely pokemon through.

first off, little boy bieber, that's 4 electric moves, if you can count properly.
    second, i never said their movesets were the best. i DID say, however, that i didn't go into the elite 4 expecting to get as far as i did, therefore i didn't train them better than i should have.
    third, obviously my pokemon haven't gone through pain if i've beaten 4 out of 5 pokemon league trainers.

and also; what's wrong with cloyster knowing 3 ice moves at this point in time. for the time being, it'll come in extremely handy when facing lance's 3 dragonite's.

lolkthx. ;)

Last edited:
    Back