• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Elite Four Help?

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2011
    I've tried about 4 times to beat the Elite Four but I just don't know how. I get to the last person in the Elite Four (before the champion) and I thought it was because of my team but I don't know.

Here's my team: (i only use the first 4 listed)
    Feraligatr
    Ho-Oh
    Red Gyarados
    Eevee (soon to be jolteon)
    Pidgeotto
    Wooper
    Togepi
    Drowzee

Is there something wrong with my team? I was thinking about making my Eevee (atleast) a level 25 jolteon before I faced the Elite Four again. But what level should I level it? Its currently a level 9.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Moving to the In-Game Team Sub-forum.

You have eight Pokémon, and can only use six. The first thing I suggest is figuring out the six Pokémon you wish to use against the Elite Four and leveling them up higher. Six is better than four and will help you last longer in battle.

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2013
    you definitely need to level up more before facing them again

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2011
    But idk what to do. My gyarados is level 33, my Ho-Oh is level 47, my Feraligatr is level 59, and my Jolteon is level 1 lol I just figured that I'd let my Jolteon level to about 20 before I faced them again but idk what else I can do. Any tips you can give me in particular?

godrex2

Heavy Rain
    Years
  • Like Anto said leveling up would be the smartest thing to do. Before I faced them I made sure my team was decently leveled (although it was a terrible team) it ranged from I think like 60-37 but it had 6 members. I found that teaching my Typhlosion Gyro Ball really helped against Areodactyle. Hope this helps!

jab2033

Exit Light, Enter Night
    Years
  • I'd have your team like LV50 before you face them. And list the current moves your pokemon have.

Change the format to something like this:

Pokemon - LV
    Nature/Item (if required)
    - Move 1
    - Move 2
    - Move 3
    - Move 4

Your Gyarados should have a moveset similar to the following:
    - Dragon Dance
    - Bite
    - Ice Fang
    - Water Fall

Use Dragon Dance first, then do whatever. It's got more Atk than Sp. Atk, so phyical (contact) moves work better.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2011
    uhmm.. mmmkay :] here's my active (the first 4 that I use frequently) pokemon stats:

Feraligatr - 58
    Hasty/Amulet Coin
    - Aqua Tail
    - Crunch
    - Strength (TM/HM)
    - Cut(TM/HM)

Jolteon - 15
    Naive/Shiny Leaf
    - Thunder
    - Helping Hand
    - Sand-Attack
    - ThunderShock

Ho-Oh - 47
    Quirky/Shell Bell
    - Extrasensory
    - Sunny Day
    - Fire Blast
    - Sacred Fire

Gyarados - 33
    Docile / No item
    - Bite
    - Dragon Rage
    - Ice Fang
    - Twister

Like Anto said leveling up would be the smartest thing to do. Before I faced them I made sure my team was decently leveled (although it was a terrible team) it ranged from I think like 60-37 but it had 6 members. I found that teaching my Typhlosion Gyro Ball really helped against Areodactyle. Hope this helps!

It helped ^.^ thanks.

The problem I keep running into is that after my Feraligatr faints or something, the rest of my pokemon aren't strong enough to compete with the remaining ones in the Elite Four. I buy a lot of revives and elixirs and heals before I compete but it doesn't do too much unless I need it. I want a Dark Type pokemon to kind of even out/balance my team because I have 2 dragon types, 2 water types (Gyarados fits in both of those categories) and 1 electric type. Any tips?

Last edited:

jab2033

Exit Light, Enter Night
    Years
  • If you want a Dark-Type, Houndour/Houndoom is a good choice. Or you could breed another Eevee and evolve it into Umbreon. I'd pick Houndoom, since it's second type is Fire. I'd also recommend a Psychic-type. Kadabra (or if you can trade, Alakazam) is a good choice. As is Espeon.

And if you can, remove the HMs from Ferligator, although you can teach it Surf. Ever think about using HM slaves? HM slaves are pokemon that can learn 2-4 HMs and are used purely for out-of-battle purposes. This also frees up space for better moves on your main team.

Definetly give Jolteon Thunderbolt. Unless you plan to teach it Rain Dance to give Thunder 100% accuracy, I'd use Thunderbolt over Thunder. Thunderbolt is more accurate and has more PP. You don't want to be facing Lance's Gyarados and use Thunder, have it miss, and then have Gyarados Hyper Beam you. Thunderbolt is more reliable. And Gyarados being Water/Flying has 4x weakness to Electric, so Thunderbolt should be more than enough to OHKO it.

And teach one of your Pokemon Earthquake. Or get a Ground or Rock type to use against Electric-Types.

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2011
    I tried to exchange an HM from my Feraligatr but it says it's too late for them to be forgotten. I actually do have an HM slave. It's a Wooper (they can learn almost anything). I already taught my Jolteon Thunder, so next time it levels up and is eligible to learn another move, i'll have it forget Thunder. I've noticed that in the summary, it has a high accuracy but it very rarely works while in battle. Is Rain Dance a physical attack move? I need to find a Houndoor in the wild. What Ground/Rock type would you recommend? Sorry if my reply is all over the place. I'm just trying to make sure I cover everything you had in your response :]

Thanks!

kaiser32

Rhymin' and Stealin' ~
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2013
    I tried to exchange an HM from my Feraligatr but it says it's too late for them to be forgotten. I actually do have an HM slave. It's a Wooper (they can learn almost anything). I already taught my Jolteon Thunder, so next time it levels up and is eligible to learn another move, i'll have it forget Thunder. I've noticed that in the summary, it has a high accuracy but it very rarely works while in battle. Is Rain Dance a physical attack move? I need to find a Houndoor in the wild. What Ground/Rock type would you recommend? Sorry if my reply is all over the place. I'm just trying to make sure I cover everything you had in your response :]

Thanks!

Well, My team sucked first time through but your team needs some quick switch in/switch outs for heals and plans. Also Grind Grind GRIIIIIIIIINNNNND. Also something I do for every E4 run. I catch a Zubat early on. And make sure it has confuse ray. TBH in the E4 any extra damage helps. and for a good solid ground type. Go catch a geodude and train it up right now. Geodude with rock polish at the start is dangerous. No matter how good you are though keep on your toes the E4 is crazy.

jab2033

Exit Light, Enter Night
    Years
  • I tried to exchange an HM from my Feraligatr but it says it's too late for them to be forgotten. I actually do have an HM slave. It's a Wooper (they can learn almost anything). I already taught my Jolteon Thunder, so next time it levels up and is eligible to learn another move, i'll have it forget Thunder. I've noticed that in the summary, it has a high accuracy but it very rarely works while in battle. Is Rain Dance a physical attack move? I need to find a Houndoor in the wild. What Ground/Rock type would you recommend? Sorry if my reply is all over the place. I'm just trying to make sure I cover everything you had in your response :]

Thanks!

There is both a move deleter and a move relearner in Blackthorn city, so you can have Feraligatr forget the HMs and learn better moves. You need a Heart Scale for the move relearner, though.

Rain Dance is Special, but that doesn't matter since it doesn't do damage. Rain Dance makes Thunder 100% accurate, powers up Water moves, and weaknes Fire moves. That's about it for Rain Dance. I'd still use Thunderbolt over Thunder, however.

Houndour, can be found in the Safari Zone, as well as Lavitar. I recommend Lavitar, since it evolves into the Ground/Dark type Tyrannitar. That covers the Ground type and the Dark Type you want.

Then, all you need that I recommend is a decent Psychic type. You could breed your Jolteon with a ditto to get another Eevee and evolve it into Espeon (High friendship during the Daytime) or buy an Abra from the Game Corner and raise it into Kadabra/Alakazam. Though you need to trade to evolve Kadabra.

Last edited:

kaiser32

Rhymin' and Stealin' ~
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2013
    Also try and raise everyone equally because its always good to have teammates who can throw it down too. whatever you do though stock up on items. They save lives.

Charizard3

Champion
    Years
  • all u have 2 do is level up ur pokemon to all about lvl 47-50 or over. when i battled lance, my pokemon were all lvl 55 so i had no problem. also, in kanto and johto, ice type moves really seem to be affective so teach your feraligatr a killer ice move like ice beam/blizzard/maybe avalanche if u have nothing else/ice fang

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2011
    thanks. just a few more question for everyone:

how good are nidorians/nidorions? (sorry of I spelled them wrong)
    I just keep running into them in the Safari Zone. I have yet to find some useful pokemon in what I'm trying to fullfil. mostly gastlys, farfetch'd, zubats, etc. not really any highly effective pokemon.

secondly, my wooper and jolteon were in the daycare and had two eggs. that was actually the first time that it's ever happened to me. but which will it be? my wooper is a female and jolteon is a male.

lastly, where can i find some realy effective pokemon in the game? like bulbasaurs and charmanders and stuff? this had seriously been frustrating me.

Thanks! :D

kaiser32

Rhymin' and Stealin' ~
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2013
    thanks. just a few more question for everyone:

how good are nidorians/nidorions? (sorry of I spelled them wrong)
    I just keep running into them in the Safari Zone. I have yet to find some useful pokemon in what I'm trying to fullfil. mostly gastlys, farfetch'd, zubats, etc. not really any highly effective pokemon.

secondly, my wooper and jolteon were in the daycare and had two eggs. that was actually the first time that it's ever happened to me. but which will it be? my wooper is a female and jolteon is a male.

lastly, where can i find some realy effective pokemon in the game? like bulbasaurs and charmanders and stuff? this had seriously been frustrating me.

Thanks! :D

Ok first the nido duo is awesome if trained right. I suggest catching both and seeing which one fits your team. Then for the second I'm ok with breeding but I think it maybe a whooper although I maybe wrong. Lastly you can get those pokemon after the E4 and then the kanto gyms after you beat red. Post on my wall if you need some more tips. Oh and before I leave capture something with confuse ray it will help in the long run. Good luck!

Back