• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Elite Four (Second Time) Team Help?

Years
    Right now, I'm still training my pokemon up to Lvl 70-80, but I have an idea of the team I'm going to use. Can someone give me some opinions of my team?

Meinshau @ Wide Lens
    Hi-Jump Kick
    Aura Sphere
    Drain Punch
    Jump Kick

Notes: I can OHKO almost all of Grimly's team with Hi-Jump Kick, so I use the Wide Lens to guarantee a hit.

Zororak @ Black Glasses

Notes: Due to the fact that I don't even HAVE a Zororak yet (my Zorua is still Lvl.24), I'm not sure on the moveset I'll use yet. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I'm planning on using Dark-Type to knock out both Shauntal and Caitlin.

Beheeyem @ Expert Belt
    Psychic
    Calm Mind
    Recover
    ---

Notes: With SuperEffective on all of Marshal's pokemon and the bonus from the Expert Belt, this should be an easy fight when I get my last 15 levels grinded out.

Kyurem @ Dragon Fang
    Glaciate
    Dragon Pulse
    Outrage
    Blizzard

Notes: The only thing I plan to use Kyurem for is Alder's Druddigon

Emboar @ Razor Claw
    Flamethrower
    Flame Charge
    Blast Burn
    Bulldoze

Notes: For Alder's Ice-, Bug-, Steel-types, Flamethrower can easily take care of everything. With pure attack power, I can most likely take out Volcarona with any physical attack. If needed, I can OHKO Caitlin's Steel-Types.

That's all I have. I believe it covers every weakness in the E4, so the extra spot will be left open for grinding. Any suggestions are appreciated. :D

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
    I'll place the review in the quote, changes are in bold. But, before I get to that, let me tell you one thing, you shouldn't be using multiple moves on the same type on one pokemon.

Right now, I'm still training my pokemon up to Lvl 70-80, but I have an idea of the team I'm going to use. Can someone give me some opinions of my team?

Meinshau @ Wide Lens
    Hi-Jump Kick
    Swords Dance
    U-turn
    Stone Edge

Notes: I can OHKO almost all of Grimly's team with Hi-Jump Kick, so I use the Wide Lens to guarantee a hit. You already have High-Jump Kick, there isn't much need for all the other fighting moves. give him some other moves so he can contribute to the team vs the other members as well. Swords dance will make him extremely powerful, Stone Edge hits fire types like Chandelure and volcarona for extreme damage. U-turn is there to inflict damage on Kaitlin's Psychic pokemon, while it retreats to safety.

Zororak @ Black Glasses
    -Nasty Plot
    -Night Daze
    -Flamethrower
    -Grass Knot

Notes: Due to the fact that I don't even HAVE a Zororak yet (my Zorua is still Lvl.24), I'm not sure on the moveset I'll use yet. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I'm planning on using Dark-Type to knock out both Shauntal and Caitlin.Nasty plot will raise Zoroark's already high SP. ATK. Night Daze, Flamethrower and Grass knot are the most powerful special moves he can learn.

Beheeyem @ Expert Belt
    Psychic
    Shadow Ball
    Energy Ball
    Thunderbolt

Notes: With SuperEffective on all of Marshal's pokemon and the bonus from the Expert Belt, this should be an easy fight when I get my last 15 levels grinded out. Ditch Recover and Calm Mind if you're running an expert belt set. You should go for max coverage instead.

Kyurem @ Dragon Fang

Ice Beam
    Dragon Pulse/Outrage
    Stone Edge
    Shadow Ball
    Notes: The only thing I plan to use Kyurem for is Alder's Druddigon
    This will make him a lot more dangerous. Check out his stats, if his Sp. ATK > ATK go with Dragon pulse, stick with outrage if his ATK > Sp. ATK

Emboar @ Life Orb/Choice Band
    Wild Charge
    Flame Charge
    Hammer Arm
    Earthquake

Notes: For Alder's Ice-, Bug-, Steel-types, Flamethrower can easily take care of everything. With pure attack power, I can most likely take out Volcarona with any physical attack. If needed, I can OHKO Caitlin's Steel-Types.His attack is much higher then his special attack, so stick with physical moves here.

That's all I have. I believe it covers every weakness in the E4, so the extra spot will be left open for grinding. Any suggestions are appreciated. :D
    Hope this helps you!

Years
    Helps a lot. Thank you. :D I thought about using U-Turn on Caitlin before, but I've just never liked Bug-Type moves. I guess it's time to move on from my Childhood Favorites for my move-typing. :P

Update: Mienshao (L80) can OHKO ALL of Grimly's team with HJK + Swords (I usually use it during Liepards first turn; it always uses Fake Out). I will update more as I move through the E4.

Last edited:
    Back