• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Elite Four

Shiny

content creator on twitch
Years
  • Ok, so in my Leaf Green, I'm stuck at the Elite Four, I can get to Agatha, but I have trouble with her, so I was wondering, where can I train my pokemon to higher levels?

Lee Jin Tyz

TWIZZLE TYZ my nick is live
    Years
  • victory road would be the best place in my opinion then. and to help you beat the elite four but lots of revives and lots of full restores. that should refresh your team pretty well.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • You should train at Victory Road. If not, try using the VS seeker where there are lots of trainers you battled before.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    To be honest, it isn't a matter of leveling up your Pokemon. It is really more about improving the makeup of your team (i.e. proper type coverage and effective movesets). You can beat the Elite (more like Weak) 4 with Pokes in the high 30's. If you post your team, I can point you in the right direction.

EvilMuffinKate

Mimi! XD
    Years
  • You have to use the correct Pokemon, moves and strategy.

a.) If you are having a hard time, I can point you with the correct pokemon to beat the punks (except Lorelei!!).

- Lorelei : Use Electric, fire types might have advantages against Ice, but all her Pogeymans are part water, she will douse you . SO... for 4x pwnage, just use a Pikachu (it's the best electric-type. Also Raichu).

- Bruno : They are Fighting types. Go with the Psychics, please, please no Rock, Ground, Steel and maybe Dark... feel free to use Ghost Types. Fighting types cannot lay a single finger on you. Make sure if you use Ghost types you have Foresight/Odour Sleuth as when used it will make your attack to Fighting type 1x as theirs will still have no effect. Best Pkmn are Gengar (Haunter if you don't have one) and Alakazam.

- Agatha : Same as Bruno. Only here, Dark, Psychic and Ghost all take centre stage; no need for Foresight. But if your Psychic is dead from the Bruno's battle, tough luck. Just use anything and slowly kill her. Please no Fighting and Normal types, but if you have Odour Sleuth/Foresight in your Fighting and Normalz, feel free to use them. (BEWARE OF CURSE>_<) Best Dark type... IDK since there aren't many popular darkies in LG (i dont even think there are any!!). Best Psychic and Ghost are just like stated above. =3

- Lance : Very tough. Fire, Electric, Water and Grass do 1/2 than the ordinary damage to it. But remember... dragons are weak against dragons (weird they're weak against themselves) and Ice. I'd prefer Ice since they are easy to find (Seafoam!) and if you did choose dragon his attacks are 2x damage to you too. He's the last, so he'd be quite a toughie. But then he's not that tough like we say if you have the right type, moveset and strategy. Good luck. Best Dragon= Dragonite Best Ice= Lapras (I KNOW YOU HAVE ONE!) and Dewgong (if you are lucky, at times when you catch it at Lvl. 35 it might know Sheer Cold which is an OHKO attack. Cool!).
    NOTE: Lance.Has.A.Gyarados... Gyarados is resistant to Ice. It might take a long time to pummel him out of his living daylights, so better pack a mighty Raichu/Pikachu there, or do it the hard way. ^^

~+~+~+~ RIVAL BATTLE:: ELITE 4 CHAMPION +~+~+~+~

Uhh... does he/she deserve to be one??

Okay... you're on your own here. He has assorted Pogeymans so better have a lot of them alive. OR you could use your strongest (probably your Starter which has evolved to the last) and just use a lot of healing items (well just hope you didn't use it all up!!!). Sayonara good luck and don't give up here!

=3 :D

Really, like what shanecdavis said, it's okay to have 30+ Pokemon, you win if you have the correct type, moves and strategy. It's just like a LVL. 70 could beat a LVL. 100 if you aren't careful. Arrogance could lead you the wrong way if you are arrogant and say "Hmf, I'm higher, I'll surely win!". No. And what's the use if you are a LVL. 69 fire-type but a LVL. 53 Dewgong douses your fire with Surf? Right? If you have the correct combo of Pogemans in your team, level is just a number. =3

I'm glad to help you in any way =3.
    DISCLAIMER::: All of the things I said are just part of my knowledge and do not prove everything to be perfectly correct. I am just trying to help and share what I know and have experienced =3

Good Luck,
    Lorelei (EvilMuffinKate A.K.A. Claire)

Shiny

Years
  • Ok, here is my team;
    Elite Four
    (Lvl 61) @ Twistedspoon
    - Psychic
    - Calm Mind
    - Shadow Ball
    - Future Sight

Elite Four
    (Lvl 57) @ Nothing
    - Sludge
    - Haze
    - Flamethrower
    - Shock Wave

Elite Four
    (Lvl 55) @ Blackglasses
    - Bite
    - Baton Pass
    - Dig
    - Quick Attack

I know my team is quite bad, but I've managed to reach Lance using them, I'm also not evolving Eevee as I want a Umbreon & haven't been able to trade Kadabra to get an Alakhazam yet

Sceptile16

Pokemon Master...In The Making
    Years
  • I like your team, but maybe you might want to follow everyone's suggestions and use other pokemon to your advantage.....

Oh, and I say ROCK ON WITH UMBREON...but you can only get Umbreon in Ruby and Sapphire...and Emerald(if you have the national dex)............

Shiny

Years
  • Wrong, you can get Umbreon in Leaf Green & Fire Red too, you just need the national pokedex.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Go to the three islands and use the V. S. seeker on them, you can get tons of experience than victory road, or you battle through the elite four mutiple times and you can get alot of experience

Sceptile16

Pokemon Master...In The Making
    Years
  • Yeah, train with your vs seeker and in the victory road...tat's not a bad place either, u do have the exp share right?

Well, actually you CANNOT get umbreon in LG or FR even with the national pokedex BECAUSE in that game there is no day time or night time, the game wasn't even set with a daily clock like Ruby, Sapphire, or Emerald...that is why if you want umbreon u have to evolve it in the 3rd gen games...srry...

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Wrong, you can get Umbreon in Leaf Green & Fire Red too, you just need the national pokedex.

Oh, and please explain how you can get it to be night time in FR? O.o Umbreon evolves on full happiness at NIGHT. FR/LG has no time, at ALL. So, there.

I say get the three legendary birds to use items with during combat. They last very long. xD

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2010
    I always train in the pokemon league itself since it gives good xp.
    To beat agatha all you need is the move sychic

EvilMuffinKate

Mimi! XD
    Years
  • I only levelled up my Charizard to beat the E4. The best place to train is that Cerulean Cave and Victory road.
    Objection! You're obviously wrong. You can only have access to the Cerulean Cave if your Pkmn have finished all of the quests covering the Sevii Is. which includes Islands 4, 5, 6 and 7. It was said that s/he was stuck on the E4 which means he obviously DOESN'T have access to the Cerulean Cave =3 Peace out

Back