• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Elite Four

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
  • I beat the E4 on my first go. (Without saving until fighting N)
    My team: Stoutland, Unfezant, Samurott, Chandelure, Simisear and Scolipede.

I fought Shauntal first.
    I wiped out most her of team with my Crunch-using Stoutland. (Except for her Chandelure, which was KO'ed by MY Chandelure, and it was faster)
    She's too easy.

Then, I fought Marshal. His team was completely KO'ed by my Fly-using Unfezant.
    His Fighting Type PKMN could've knocked my Unfezant, but his Stone Edges
    missed everytime he tried to hit my Unfezant.

Caitlin was next. Her team was wiped out either by my Scolipede or Chandelure.
    Another easy win. Her team didn't even had a chance to fight back.

Finally, I fought Grimsley. Again since Dark Type PKMN are weak against
    Bug Type PKMN, Scolipede did most of the wiping here.
    When he sent out Bisharp, I used Simisear to burn 'im down
    because it's part Steel type.

The whole E4 was too easy. I'm planning to use the same team (Except that Scolipede
    is replaced by Zekrom) for the rematch.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • Shauntal is my favourite, although her room is kinda creepy.
    Grimsley is like count's son from Transilvania.
    Marshall's teeth are blue...
    Caitlin's hair is just weird...

I think Marshal's blue teeth is a mouth guard ;)

Cailin's hair is crazy yes XD Every thing floats in her room which is really cool. I think Grimsly shoudl have a coffin in his room, it would suit him unless I missed that And Shautal room is the best imo. I LOVE how it is randomly thundering outside her room XD And the windows are epic. I think this E4 was rather creepy, all their rooms were really dark, gloomy and mysterious. Marshal's carriage in that dark room, Shautal's spooky thunder room, Grimsley's Dracula style room and Caitlin's weird out of this world room with a strange tent at the end. Plus the E4 are all located in a castle XD

when is was typing this posts it didn;t make sense XD idk..

Jesspke

Passerby~
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2016
    Yes, the Elite 4 is good. And hard to beat. And they look funny. Took me ages to train for them :/
    The things I though for each of them:

Shauntal: "She looks a bit weird...Ghostly..."

Marshal: "What's the thing with big pants in this game?!"

Caitlin: "That girl is in serious need of a haircut.."

Grimsley: "He's ok. Oh, wait, he ordered the wrong sized pants - Probably couldn't see the catalogue in the dark."

o.o' Hehe

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Shauntal took me the longest to beat, but that was mainly because I was using Scrafty, which is never a good idea... In terms of my favourite, I'd probably say Grimsley, as at least he shows some variety with his typings and movesets. He also had a pretty cool battle room as well!

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I like the battle rooms of Grimsley and Shauntal the best. Shauntal is my favorite of the group, as I'm a sucker for cute girls with glasses and tights :P

Caitlin needs a haircut, bad.

I didn't find any of them too terribly difficult.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • Grimsley is my favourite because he's a Dark type master, my favourite type, and he lloks cool, calm and collected. However he's room is probably the worst with Shauntal's room being the best. I really like that room. :)

Dark Piplup

This user title is original
    Years
  • Maybe Grimsley or Shauntal. But the huge pants on Marshall is a bit weird. Though if Alder is included he is definitely my favorite. He reminds me of a mariachi. :)

PrinceTrase

Make that sacrifice . . .
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2011
    I beat the Elite Four on my first try. I hit some snags because me Pokemon were a little underleveled, but I pulled it off. My favorite had to be Marshall. I like fighting Pokemon, so he got extra points. The pants were a little . . . unfashionable.

Years
  • I robbed the E4 of all their pride and joy. They all fell like a sack of potatoes to my superior team. As far as who I liked the best. I would have to say Caitlin. I liked Shauntals rooms the best but I wasn't to big on the glasses, I didn't like that Marshal had blue teeth (even if it was a mouth guard), and Grimsley was just odd to me. Alder was pretty cool to except his team was hardly what I was expecting. The only thing that stood up to me for more than one turn was his bouffalant and that's only because it's so bulky. Needless to say I raped the elite 4. Over and over and over.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • That would be the champion Alder ;) I was a little disappointed that he was like Cynthia and has no specific typing, I think it would have been cooler if Cynthia was a one off.

Sorry to say that Cynthia was in no way unique in the fact she had a Diversity typing. Wallace is the only champion in all of the games where all of his pokemon agree with his type.

Gen 1: Rival - Diversity
    Gen 2: Johto - Lance - Dragon/Flying
    Gen 2: Kanto - Red - Diversity
    Gen 3: R/S - Steven - Rock, Steel, Ground
    Gen 3: E - Wallace - Water
    Gen 3: FRLG - Rival - Diversity
    Gen 4: DPP - Cynthia - Diversity
    Gen 4: HGSS: Johto - Lance - Dragon/Flying
    Gen 4: HGSS: Kanto - Red - Diversity
    Gen 5: Alder - Diversity

Caitlin
    Grimsley
    Shauntel
    ...Cheese
    Marshal

That's the order I like them in from greatest to least. The first three are extremely close together where Marshal...let's just say he's not my favorite. I thought that Shauntel was the hardest, mainly her Chandelure. Damn chandelier refused to die.

I thought Shauntel's room was the coolest, then Caitlin's, then Grimsley's and then Marshal's. I liked Marshal's room better than I liked Marshal himself =/

King Gumball

Years
  • Sorry to say that Cynthia was in no way unique in the fact she had a Diversity typing. Wallace is the only champion in all of the games where all of his pokemon agree with his type.

Gen 1: Rival - Diversity
    Gen 2: Johto - Lance - Dragon/Flying
    Gen 2: Kanto - Red - Diversity
    Gen 3: R/S - Steven - Rock, Steel, Ground
    Gen 3: E - Wallace - Water
    Gen 3: FRLG - Rival - Diversity
    Gen 4: DPP - Cynthia - Diversity
    Gen 4: HGSS: Johto - Lance - Dragon/Flying
    Gen 4: HGSS: Kanto - Red - Diversity
    Gen 5: Alder - Diversity

Caitlin
    Grimsley
    Shauntel
    ...Cheese
    Marshal

That's the order I like them in from greatest to least. The first three are extremely close together where Marshal...let's just say he's not my favorite. I thought that Shauntel was the hardest, mainly her Chandelure. Damn chandelier refused to die.

I thought Shauntel's room was the coolest, then Caitlin's, then Grimsley's and then Marshal's. I liked Marshal's room better than I liked Marshal himself =/

No, she was unique in that way (she was the first diversity typing) . Lance was a dragon specific trainer, and although Steven had rock types he specialized in steel
    He is a master of the Steel-type, with a Metagross being the cornerstone of his team.
    Wallace specialized in water yes. Cynthia specialized in any types and concentrated on no specific typed pokemon, the first leader to do that. The only reason Blue/Red had no skills in any specific type was because he was your rival and surpassed Lance the dragon champion. Excluding your rivals Alder is the second champion with no specific typ preference.

Any way I am on my second run of the E4 and it is proving really hard, they keep owning me XD I am currently trying to really train my team some more to equal their levels before I attempt again.

Meinfoo

Spelling error? Spelling win!
    Years
  • The Elite Four.

The ultimate trainers of Unova.

The most skilled, talented and cunning of them all.

Masters of their chosen type.

Experts in the field of battling.

Still haven't realised you can use six Pokemon on your team!

Okay I admit that they DO use six in the rematches but come on! It's just sad when you can easily wipe the floor with the so called "Elite" four the first time.

Hallylicious

アラン
    Years
  • The Elite Four.

The ultimate trainers of Unova.

The most skilled, talented and cunning of them all.

Masters of their chosen type.

Experts in the field of battling.

Still haven't realised you can use six Pokemon on your team!

Okay I admit that they DO use six in the rematches but come on! It's just sad when you can easily wipe the floor with the so called "Elite" four the first time.

I never seem to be able to, im on my second play through and once again i've gotten to the E4 with a team of 40s with 43 being my highest level :/

Meinfoo

Spelling error? Spelling win!
    Years
  • I never seem to be able to, im on my second play through and once again i've gotten to the E4 with a team of 40s with 43 being my highest level :/

Really? I just seemed to have it really easy against them even though I was underleveled. With Audino's to slaughter and the free lucky egg I don't see much of a problem. My team was just Meinshao, Samurott, Denchura (electric spider, I don't know it's english name...) and Simisear.

It was really easy for me, maybe just because Meinshao can high jump kick everything to death, and the stuff it can't take down my electric spider can take over?

Fiendly

Never let go.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    Kinda bored me a little, I haven't beaten them for the second time round yet because I want to look forward to something. I pretty much don't try, I only need Mewtwo and Kyurem to beat majority of them :3

King Gumball

Years
  • Really? I just seemed to have it really easy against them even though I was underleveled. With Audino's to slaughter and the free lucky egg I don't see much of a problem. My team was just Meinshao, Samurott, Denchura (electric spider, I don't know it's english name...) and Simisear.

It was really easy for me, maybe just because Meinshao can high jump kick everything to death, and the stuff it can't take down my electric spider can take over?

Hmm the main problem for me is that everything in the E4 is now faster that my Archeops, so I can never kill any pokemon with my powerhouse :( Same with Chandular, having its weak defense. Other than Serperior my team always goes second to most of the pokemon. Guess I will have to train them level :/

Back