• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Elite four

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2016
    Do you think they should have upgraded the elite four when you are finished in kanto? I absolutely think so, heck, some of the gym leaders in kanto have higher lvl pokemon than the elite four. Lvl 50 is the highest you find, in later games it goes to 60-70.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I wish they had upgraded the Elite Four's levels, but I guess they decided that having Red as a second region boss of sorts (i.e., the final trainer to battle after getting 8 gym badges) was sufficient. It was really hard to train to high levels in GSC, so some area with higher trainers would have been nice.

pyx

I will never repeat myself... I will never repeat
    Years
    Yup, that would have been a good idea. I was disappointed when I saw that they didn't pose much of a challenge the next time took them on >.<

Sirfetch’d

It would have been nice, especially when training but it was okay not to I suppose! At least in most later games the e4 get upgraded Pokemon. When I played these it wasn't much of a letdown because it wasn't expected tbh.

Last edited:

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    It's not really a big deal to me, it would have been better if they had thrown some trainers into Mt Silver to make it a harder Victory Road, but the elite 4 were fine in my opinion, they were just joke trainers and it's kinda how it was in the manga. Elite 4 were way below the level of the kanto leaders once the series entered johto.

Back