• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[EM] Battle Engine Upgrade (On Halt, Will undergo reboot!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    hello so i added your emerald ItemsTMand tutors resource along with the safe pokemon expansion and the game didnt crash at the zigzagoon battle but after i installed your battle engine along with the other two resources the game crashes at zigzagoon and i dont know why this is happening i know that i made sure to put them in free space so i am clueless as t why its crashing if anyone can help me with this that would be great.

I'm not too sure why that would happen. I checked it and it worked fine for me. My best guess would be messing up battle engine's starting location or it overwriting pokes/items data. Try doing the engine first, see if nothing crashes and then everything should work fine(two other scripts find free space automatically as opposed to the engine).

pokefreak890

The One that will make everything great
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    I'm not too sure why that would happen. I checked it and it worked fine for me. My best guess would be messing up battle engine's starting location or it overwriting pokes/items data. Try doing the engine first, see if nothing crashes and then everything should work fine(two other scripts find free space automatically as opposed to the engine).

Alright I will try it later

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 24, 2023

Emerald Battle Engine Upgrade

This is so awesome that it's dragging me away from my beloved FireRed. ;-;

BTW, I'd like to suggest a few things I haven't seen listed (only if possible).
    Spoiler:

Welp, sorry if these request are invalid. I just thought it would be a great addition. :)

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
    Years
    Alright my lurkers. Do you want to contribute to this but are like, "Damn, I wish I was as fly as Dizzy and KDS, but I'm not. Also, what is that smell? Is that me? I need a shower..." THIS IS YOUR POST. READ THIS.

We need Attack Animations. If you can script, even a little bit, and use the goto function of a Hex Editor, then you can do Attack Animations and have your name in lights (Well, somewhere on the credits list, I guess. Close enough). I will teach y'all what you need to do to cobble together your own animations for moves we need, and not feel bad for popping this in your hacks without giving something back. Here we go...

Dizzy has been gracious enough to put all of the commands in a sweet little package so that we all know what we're doing and don't have to do things byte-by-byte. Here is a link to that so you can look over them.

Those are all the commands available to you to script animations from. Not so scary, right? There's no "but" coming, it's really not that bad. Let me explain how they're laid out...

".macro" doesn't mean anything for your purposes, ignore it. After .macro is the name of the command and then the parameters that the command has. So just like in XSE, the msgbox command (for example) has two parameters (the offset of your text and the type of box it pulls up), these commands have parameters and take arguments to help do what they're supposed to do. I'll give you an example of one of the most important commands you'll be using to animation script.
    Code:
    launchtask 0x08115601 2 0
    This is the first command in Magnitude's animation script. As you can see, launchtask is the name of the command. 0x08115601 is the location of the actual, Game Freak-made movements that the animation will do. When you use launchtask like this, you will need to supply it the address of those movements. So, launchtask has two parameters. That first 2 there is unknown. We have no idea what it does but it needs to be there. If you're copying bits and pieces of other animations, make sure that you don't change your copied launchtask command's first unknown argument. The final parameter is the number of arguments that the command takes. In this case, launchtask takes 2 arguments.

So, using what you've just learned you know that launchtask is executing the movements stored at 0x08115601 and that there should be two more arguments right after the command that tells the game how it should do them.

Not too complicated, right? Not any worse than getting applymovement to work, huh? Let's look at a full animation script now.
    Code:
            launchtask 0x08104939 2 2 
            .hword 0, 3 
            pause_cmd 8
            anim1C 0xA7 0xC0 0x26 0x3 
            waitanimation
            endanimation
    As an aside, this is the animation script for Splash. Isn't it cute and not scary at all? Nothing like scripting up picking a starter, I'll tell you that much. Here is another launchtask command to start us off. The Game Freak movements being called here are at 0x08104939 this time. That ever present unknown 2 remains, as well as the number of arguments that launchtask takes, which is again 2.

On the next line are the actual arguments that launchtask is getting for this animation. So, .hword 0, 3 are those arguments. .hword is the data type, a halfword. Halfwords are 2 bytes. That first argument (the 0 in the first halfword) is the bank of the Pokemon that the animation is applied to. Because of Double Battles, there are 4 banks. They are enumerated as follows:
    0 - Attacker, 1 - Target, 2 - Attacker's Partner, 3 - Target's Partner
    So the movements associated with Splash's animation happen to the attacker: the unfortunate Pokemon using Splash. That second argument (the 3 in the second halfword) is the number of times the movement is applied. So, three times.

The next line is the pause_cmd. Pretty self-explanatory what that does. The 8 there is how long the command should wait before continuing execution. I believe that that's in frames (Please correct me if I'm wrong). For reference, the GBA runs at 60fps, so there are 60 frames in a second. So this command is pausing everything for 8 frames.

The next line is the anim1C command. It takes 4 arguments. If you look into Dizzy's list of commands and how they're set up, you'll see that anim1C isn't there, like I just did. But because I've already written all this up, I'm not changing my example and we're just gonna roll with it. From my hex editor, I see that the first argument (the 0xA7) is a halfword. I assume that that's Splash's sound effect, but hey, this is undocumented territory so I really don't know. The other three arguments are bytes. I'm assuming that they're the slight stretching and shrinking that the sprite goes through while doing the animation. The important thing to know is that this doesn't really matter for our purposes. When you do animation scripting, you're taking pieces of other animations and stitching them together to make a Frakenstein-esque abomination. If you want the first part of your animation to play Splash's sound effect and do its sprite morphing (the stretching and shrinking effect), you would copy this command and its parameters to the appropriate spot in your script. Remember, this will NOT perform the up and down movements that Splash does, that's done through that first launchtask. As long as you have the roughest idea of what an animation does already, you can harvest parts of it without having a specific mastery of how everything is set up. It's okay to wing it with animation scripting, basically.

The next two lines are waitanimation and endanimation. The waitanimation command waits for the animation to be finished before moving on. It's similar to XSE's waitfanfare or waitmovement commands. The endanimation command signals that this animation is over. Just like XSE's end command.

"But Deokishisu," you may be asking, "how do I find the actual scripts that I want to harvest parts from?" I'm glad you asked. Here we get into the not-as-fun part. Unfortunately, there is no decompiler available for these animation scripts. This means that you will need to open up your handy hex editor and take a look at the bytes that make up your animation. Fortunately, the scripts are generally small and manageable, so translating them isn't particularly time-consuming or difficult. Let me detail how that works.

Say that you yourself wanted to rip Splash's up and down movement for your own much-needed-and-much-appreciated animation script for a move you're working on. First, open up your ROM in Kurapika's tool. Here's a link to the thread to download the tool if you don't already have it.

Open the Moves Editor and search for Splash in the top left. At the top, a bit left of the middle, is a box labelled "Animation Offset". As you have likely deduced, this is the address for the animation script for Splash. If you're in the right place, it should read 2CD320. Open your ROM in your favorite Hex Editor and navigate to that offset. This is your animation script. The commands in that list of commands from Dizzy that I linked earlier and am linking again now have what their corresponding bytes are. See that ".byte 0x3" under ".macro launchtask launchtaskPtr launchtaskUnkown launchtaskArgsNo"? That's telling you that the launchtask command translates to 03 in your hexeditor. That list is useful because it tells you what byte translates to what command as well as how much follows that command. So, we'll do Splash again and translate it back into the scripting language. I'm going to color code this, hopefully most forum styles maintain readability.
    Code:
    [COLOR=DarkRed]03[/COLOR] [COLOR=Green]39 49 10 08[/COLOR] [COLOR=DarkOrange]02 02[/COLOR] [COLOR=Magenta]00 00[/COLOR] [COLOR=DarkOrchid]03 00[/COLOR] [COLOR=Blue]04 08[/COLOR] [COLOR=DarkSlateGray]1C A7 00 C0 26 03[/COLOR] [COLOR=Olive]05[/COLOR] [COLOR=Cyan]08[/COLOR]
    So, we see that 03 come up first. From Dizzy's document, we know that 03 is the launchtask command. Next we have a pointer to Gamefreak's movements. You can see that it's in reverse order, so 08104939 became 39 49 10 08 in our hex editor. This reversal is standard for pointers in the GBA ROMs and useful to know regardless. Next, we have the 02 02. That first 02 is our unknown 2 that needs to be there. That second 02 is the 2 arguments that launchtask takes. Now we have our first halfword. Remember, halfwords are two bytes. So this 00 00 is that first 0 after the .hword in our scripting language. Our second halfword is 03 00. This is our 3 after the .hword in our scripting language. Now, because of Dizzy's document, we know that this is it for our first command. We have accounted for the byte for the command itself, the pointer to Gamefreak's movements, the unknown byte, the number of arguments byte, and the two halfwords that this command took as arguments. The next byte is a new command.

That 04 is our pause_cmd. Dizzy's document let's us know that with the ".byte 0x4" underneath where he names the command. The 08 is the byte for the amount of frames we're pausing for. We know that this is the end of our second command. The pause_cmd command only takes 2 bytes of space: the byte for the command itself, and the byte for the argument (how long to pause for).

This is our kinda mysterious anim1C command. It's not in Dizzy's document, but we can use our brains to figure out its structure. 1C is the command itself. A7 00 is the halfword for the first argument. I know that it's a halfword because it's taking up two bytes before the next argument is "mentioned". C0 is the next argument, and is a byte long. 26 is the next argument, and is also a byte long. 03 is the last argument, and a byte long again. Now, this is the end of our command here. Since anim1C isn't in Dizzy's document, you may think that those next two bytes are more arguments if you're on your own. You can intuit that the next bytes are commands on their own, and then test, or you could just test with the endanimation command and some dangling animations to see what the engine is taking as arguments or not. Once your dangling animations stop executing, you've reached the last argument for your unknown command. If you find undocumented commands, please post them and your suspicions about them and we'll figure them out and add them to the document.

This 05 is our waitanimation command. It doesn't take any arguments, so this is the end of this command.

This 08 is our endanimation command. Our animation is over now, since we've reached an endanimation. We've just reconstructed our animation script for Splash with minimal pain and lives lost. Hooray!

So, as you go along in your hex editor, you should have some text editor open so you can translate what you're reading from it into the scripting commands. In this spoiler, I've put the commands and their hex identifiers for a quicker lookup.
    Spoiler:

Now, you're probably asking, "But Deokishisu, this is all well and good, but how do I compile and test my animations?" Well, I'm doubly glad you asked that, because I'm about to tell you. There are two ways to compile this. You can write out your animation in the language Dizzy uses in that document. In that case, it'll look something like this:
    Code:
    [COLOR=DarkRed][COLOR=Green][COLOR=DarkOrange][COLOR=Magenta][COLOR=DarkOrchid][COLOR=Black][COLOR=Blue][COLOR=Black][COLOR=Olive][COLOR=Cyan][COLOR=Black]        launchtask 0x08104939 2 2 
            .hword 0, 3 
            pause_cmd 8
            anim1C 0xA7 0xC0 0x26 0x3 
            waitanimation
            endanimation[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]
    If your code looks like this, you could compile it like you would any ASM you're compiling. I find that tedious and I don't like doing it that way, so I'm going to show you a way you could also do it that will eventually make it easier for you to read the animations from the hex editor as well.

Remember how we translated Splash from hex to the scripting language? You can do the same in reverse. Because these scripts are so tiny, it doesn't take long to translate them into hex and just straight up insert them into the ROM ourselves. This has the side benefit of making it quicker for you to read the code as you get better at remembering what's what.

Either way, you would test your animation by using Kurapika's Move Editor to change the animation offset of some easily learned move that you can pick up quickly in your saves to the offset of the animation that you created and inserted into the ROM, and use it in a battle. If it looks good, then great! Post your code (in bytes or in that language, whatever you prefer) here with the move you intend it to be for. If it's not what you intended, take a look at your script again and see what can be changed. If you're stumped, post here and we'll try to help you.

What moves need to be done, you ask? You didn't have to, because here they are. From our time together, you may notice that some of those move animations only have a ".byte 0x8" there. And also from our time together, you know that 08 is the endanimation command. All of the moves that only have .byte 0x8 in their scripts are the ones that need move animations.

If you're still here after all of that and want to contribute, this is what you can do. These move animations are sorely needed, and your contribution would be very much appreciated. Who knows? The knowledge you gain helping out here could propel you to being the next hacking prodigy. If you don't try, you might never get there!

Remember, you can ask for help if you get stuck, and we'll do what we can to get you unstuck. Now get out there and make animations!

Last edited:

pokefreak890

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    so i did what you told me Dizzy and it crashes now after i choose my starter do you know what the problem could be

Years
    This is so awesome that it's dragging me away from my beloved FireRed.

BTW, I'd like to suggest a few things I haven't seen listed (only if possible).
    Spoiler:

Welp, sorry if these request are invalid. I just thought it would be a great addition.

First two things shouldn't be too hard to implement, so I may make them optional in the next update.
    As for the HP bars, it would certainly take some time for me to get it to work in EM. I may do it in a distant future, but it has low priority for now.

Move Animations

This is beautifully written. Would give you 100 likes for that post. :P
    I'll also update the list for all commands, so we'll at least know how many arguments each one takes.

so i did what you told me Dizzy and it crashes now after i choose my starter do you know what the problem could be

Sadly no. I'd like to you to apply just the engine and nothing else and tell me if it still crashes. Chances are, you may have different offsets in the linker and insert file which lead to situations like this.

pokefreak890

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    okay so dizzy i installed your engine and it finally worked so i made a backup then i installed your pokemon expansion it worked correctly and i made a backup but when i installed the items for some reason i got alot of glitches and a LV 100 zigzagoon and the game crashed.

also in PGE how would i be able to change the name of pokemon it gives me an error saying unable to reach beyond end of stream

Last edited:
    Years
    okay so dizzy i installed your engine and it finally worked so i made a backup then i installed your pokemon expansion it worked correctly and i made a backup but when i installed the items for some reason i got alot of glitches and a LV 100 zigzagoon and the game crashed.

What's your EXPANDED_BAG_OFFSET in the item expansion? Make sure it's not the same as the one you used in the pokemon expansion.

pokefreak890

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    What's your EXPANDED_BAG_OFFSET in the item expansion? Make sure it's not the same as the one you used in the pokemon expansion.

the expanded bag offset is 0203cf64.

and also how would i be able to edit pokemon names and stats using your base this is my PGE ini and when i go to the bulbasaur at index 440 i get an error saying unable to reach beyond end of stream.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2023
    the expanded bag offset is 0203cf64.

and also how would i be able to edit pokemon names and stats using your base this is my PGE ini and when i go to the bulbasaur at index 440 i get an error saying unable to reach beyond end of stream.

Spoiler:

Check if your RAM offsets are conflicting in both the item expansion and Pokémon expansion :)

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen May 29, 2024
    based off that lovely move animation tutorial, i took a swing at two unfinished animations

for horn leech (horn attack + giga drain):
    Code:
    00 97 27 00 24 27 02 D8 2C 59 08 02 01 00 00 19 A2 00 C0 05 04 02 02 D8 2C 59 08 02 01 01 00 02 44 2F 59 08 84 03 00 00 00 00 0A 00 05 03 85 54 0D 08 02 05 00 00 02 00 00 00 04 00 01 00 03 AD 51 0D 08 02 05 01 00 05 00 00 00 06 00 01 00 02 D8 2C 59 08 02 01 02 00 02 E8 73 59 08 83 04 00 00 00 00 01 00 01 00 19 A6 00 3F 00 A3 27 00 2F 27 00 97 27 0A 03 2A 01 0C 0C 08 02 74 72 59 08 02 05 01 00 01 00 00 00 0C 00 ED 33 05 19 B4 00 3F 02 58 73 59 08 02 04 05 01 00 00 00 05 00 05 00 01 00 05 04 03 0E B1 12 2D 08 05 04 0F 0E DF 79 2D 08 05 02 74 72 59 08 02 05 01 00 01 00 0C 00 00 00 ED 33 05 0B 03 0D 08 19 C7 00 3F 02 70 22 59 08 03 04 00 00 05 00 08 00 1A 00 02 70 22 59 08 03 04 05 00 EE FF D8 FF 23 00 02 70 22 59 08 03 04 F6 FF 14 00 14 00 27 00 04 04 19 C7 00 3F 02 70 22 59 08 03 04 00 00 05 00 1C 00 1A 00 02 70 22 59 08 03 04 0A 00 FB FF F8 FF 1A 00 02 70 22 59 08 03 04 F6 FF 14 00 28 00 27 00 04 04 19 C7 00 3F 02 70 22 59 08 03 04 0A 00 FB FF F8 FF 1A 00 02 70 22 59 08 03 04 FB FF 0F 00 10 00 21 00 02 70 22 59 08 03 04 0A 00 FB FF E0 FF 1A 00 04 04 19 C7 00 3F 02 70 22 59 08 03 04 00 00 F1 FF F0 FF 24 00 02 70 22 59 08 03 04 00 00 05 00 08 00 1A 00 02 70 22 59 08 03 04 0A 00 FB FF F8 FF 1A 00 04 04 19 C7 00 3F 02 70 22 59 08 03 04 FB FF 0F 00 10 00 21 00 02 70 22 59 08 03 04 00 00 F1 FF F0 FF 24 00 02 70 22 59 08 03 04 00 00 05 00 08 00 1A 00 04 04 19 C7 00 3F 02 70 22 59 08 03 04 00 00 05 00 08 00 1A 00 02 70 22 59 08 03 04 FB FF 0F 00 10 00 21 00 02 70 22 59 08 03 04 0A 00 FB FF D8 FF 1A 00 04 04 19 C7 00 3F 02 70 22 59 08 03 04 FB FF 0F 00 24 00 21 00 02 70 22 59 08 03 04 0A 00 FB FF F8 FF 1A 00 02 70 22 59 08 03 04 F6 FF 14 00 14 00 27 00 04 04 19 C7 00 3F 02 70 22 59 08 03 04 00 00 05 00 08 00 1A 00 02 70 22 59 08 03 04 00 00 05 00 08 00 1A 00 02 70 22 59 08 03 04 05 00 EE FF EC FF 23 00 04 04 0F 00 B1 27 00 A3 27 04 01 00 2F 27 00 97 27 0A 03 2A 01 0C 0C 08 04 01 02 C8 69 59 08 02 03 EC FF 0F 00 0C 00 05 02 58 73 59 08 02 04 00 00 00 00 01 00 02 00 19 B4 00 3F 04 02 03 AD 51 0D 08 05 05 01 00 00 00 05 00 05 00 01 00 05 02 74 72 59 08 02 05 01 00 01 00 00 00 07 00 00 00 05 0E 09 10 2D 08 05 04 0F 0E DF 79 2D 08 05 02 74 72 59 08 02 05 01 00 01 00 07 00 00 00 00 00 05 0B 03 0D 08 00 41 27 03 05 5A 11 08 02 06 02 00 02 00 02 00 00 00 10 00 FB 4B 19 8C 00 C0 0E B4 79 2D 08 05 01 41 27 04 01 00 2F 27 0E DF 79 2D 08 05 08

for mystical fire (flamethrower + "weird" background used by shadow ball):
    Code:
    00 2D 27 14 02 17 0A 03 28 01 0C 0C 08 03 AD 51 0D 08 05 05 00 00 00 00 02 00 2E 00 01 00 04 06 03 C9 76 10 08 05 01 64 00 1B 92 00 C0 3F 02 00 0E 58 1E 2D 08 0E 58 1E 2D 08 0E 58 1E 2D 08 03 AD 51 0D 08 05 05 01 00 03 00 00 00 2B 00 01 00 0E 58 1E 2D 08 0E 58 1E 2D 08 0E 58 1E 2D 08 0E 58 1E 2D 08 0E 58 1E 2D 08 0E 58 1E 2D 08 0E 58 1E 2D 08 0E 58 1E 2D 08 05 15 17 0B 03 0D 08 02 58 51 59 08 03 04 0A 00 0A 00 00 00 10 00 04 02 02 58 51 59 08 03 04 0A 00 0A 00 00 00 10 00 04 02 0F 00 15 28 19 DB 00 00 03 CD 0B 11 08 05 01 00 00 04 10 02 A0 6B 59 08 28 04 0A 00 00 09 60 00 00 00 04 0A 02 A0 6B 59 08 28 04 5A 00 00 08 60 00 00 00 04 0A 02 A0 6B 59 08 28 04 32 00 00 0A 60 00 00 00 04 0A 02 A0 6B 59 08 28 04 14 00 00 09 60 00 00 00 04 0A 02 A0 6B 59 08 28 04 46 00 C0 07 60 00 00 00 04 0A 02 A0 6B 59 08 28 04 00 00 00 0B 60 00 00 00 04 0A 02 A0 6B 59 08 28 04 3C 00 00 0A 60 00 00 00 08 00 A5 27 0A 03 28 01 0C 0C 08 04 00 02 74 72 59 08 00 05 04 00 02 00 00 00 07 00 A0 5D 19 A5 00 3F 03 AD 51 0D 08 05 05 01 00 00 00 02 00 32 00 01 00 0E 5B 1F 2D 08 0E 5B 1F 2D 08 0E 5B 1F 2D 08 04 0C 02 74 72 59 08 00 05 04 00 02 00 07 00 00 00 A0 5D 05 0B 03 08 02 70 6B 59 08 82 07 00 00 1C 00 80 01 32 00 08 00 32 00 01 00 04 02 02 70 6B 59 08 82 07 00 00 20 00 F0 00 28 00 0B 00 D2 FF 01 00 04 02 02 70 6B 59 08 82 07 00 00 21 00 A0 01 28 00 04 00 2A 00 01 00 04 02 02 70 6B 59 08 82 07 00 00 1F 00 20 01 2D 00 06 00 D6 FF 01 00 04 02 02 70 6B 59 08 82 07 00 00 1C 00 C0 01 2D 00 0B 00 2E 00 01 00 04 02 02 70 6B 59 08 82 07 00 00 21 00 D0 01 32 00 0A 00 CE FF 01 00 04 02 0F 00 AC 27 00 97 27 11 F7 1F 2D 08 0F 20 2D 08 05 08

both of these are fairly simple but they look alright so eh

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
    Years
    based off that lovely move animation tutorial, i took a swing at two unfinished animations

for horn leech (horn attack + giga drain):
    Code:
    00 97 27 00 24 27 02 D8 2C 59 08 02 01 00 00 19 A2 00 C0 05 04 02 02 D8 2C 59 08 02 01 01 00 02 44 2F 59 08 84 03 00 00 00 00 0A 00 05 03 85 54 0D 08 02 05 00 00 02 00 00 00 04 00 01 00 03 AD 51 0D 08 02 05 01 00 05 00 00 00 06 00 01 00 02 D8 2C 59 08 02 01 02 00 02 E8 73 59 08 83 04 00 00 00 00 01 00 01 00 19 A6 00 3F 00 A3 27 00 2F 27 00 97 27 0A 03 2A 01 0C 0C 08 02 74 72 59 08 02 05 01 00 01 00 00 00 0C 00 ED 33 05 19 B4 00 3F 02 58 73 59 08 02 04 05 01 00 00 00 05 00 05 00 01 00 05 04 03 0E B1 12 2D 08 05 04 0F 0E DF 79 2D 08 05 02 74 72 59 08 02 05 01 00 01 00 0C 00 00 00 ED 33 05 0B 03 0D 08 19 C7 00 3F 02 70 22 59 08 03 04 00 00 05 00 08 00 1A 00 02 70 22 59 08 03 04 05 00 EE FF D8 FF 23 00 02 70 22 59 08 03 04 F6 FF 14 00 14 00 27 00 04 04 19 C7 00 3F 02 70 22 59 08 03 04 00 00 05 00 1C 00 1A 00 02 70 22 59 08 03 04 0A 00 FB FF F8 FF 1A 00 02 70 22 59 08 03 04 F6 FF 14 00 28 00 27 00 04 04 19 C7 00 3F 02 70 22 59 08 03 04 0A 00 FB FF F8 FF 1A 00 02 70 22 59 08 03 04 FB FF 0F 00 10 00 21 00 02 70 22 59 08 03 04 0A 00 FB FF E0 FF 1A 00 04 04 19 C7 00 3F 02 70 22 59 08 03 04 00 00 F1 FF F0 FF 24 00 02 70 22 59 08 03 04 00 00 05 00 08 00 1A 00 02 70 22 59 08 03 04 0A 00 FB FF F8 FF 1A 00 04 04 19 C7 00 3F 02 70 22 59 08 03 04 FB FF 0F 00 10 00 21 00 02 70 22 59 08 03 04 00 00 F1 FF F0 FF 24 00 02 70 22 59 08 03 04 00 00 05 00 08 00 1A 00 04 04 19 C7 00 3F 02 70 22 59 08 03 04 00 00 05 00 08 00 1A 00 02 70 22 59 08 03 04 FB FF 0F 00 10 00 21 00 02 70 22 59 08 03 04 0A 00 FB FF D8 FF 1A 00 04 04 19 C7 00 3F 02 70 22 59 08 03 04 FB FF 0F 00 24 00 21 00 02 70 22 59 08 03 04 0A 00 FB FF F8 FF 1A 00 02 70 22 59 08 03 04 F6 FF 14 00 14 00 27 00 04 04 19 C7 00 3F 02 70 22 59 08 03 04 00 00 05 00 08 00 1A 00 02 70 22 59 08 03 04 00 00 05 00 08 00 1A 00 02 70 22 59 08 03 04 05 00 EE FF EC FF 23 00 04 04 0F 00 B1 27 00 A3 27 04 01 00 2F 27 00 97 27 0A 03 2A 01 0C 0C 08 04 01 02 C8 69 59 08 02 03 EC FF 0F 00 0C 00 05 02 58 73 59 08 02 04 00 00 00 00 01 00 02 00 19 B4 00 3F 04 02 03 AD 51 0D 08 05 05 01 00 00 00 05 00 05 00 01 00 05 02 74 72 59 08 02 05 01 00 01 00 00 00 07 00 00 00 05 0E 09 10 2D 08 05 04 0F 0E DF 79 2D 08 05 02 74 72 59 08 02 05 01 00 01 00 07 00 00 00 00 00 05 0B 03 0D 08 00 41 27 03 05 5A 11 08 02 06 02 00 02 00 02 00 00 00 10 00 FB 4B 19 8C 00 C0 0E B4 79 2D 08 05 01 41 27 04 01 00 2F 27 0E DF 79 2D 08 05 08
    for mystical fire (flamethrower + "weird" background used by shadow ball):
    Code:
    00 2D 27 14 02 17 0A 03 28 01 0C 0C 08 03 AD 51 0D 08 05 05 00 00 00 00 02 00 2E 00 01 00 04 06 03 C9 76 10 08 05 01 64 00 1B 92 00 C0 3F 02 00 0E 58 1E 2D 08 0E 58 1E 2D 08 0E 58 1E 2D 08 03 AD 51 0D 08 05 05 01 00 03 00 00 00 2B 00 01 00 0E 58 1E 2D 08 0E 58 1E 2D 08 0E 58 1E 2D 08 0E 58 1E 2D 08 0E 58 1E 2D 08 0E 58 1E 2D 08 0E 58 1E 2D 08 0E 58 1E 2D 08 05 15 17 0B 03 0D 08 02 58 51 59 08 03 04 0A 00 0A 00 00 00 10 00 04 02 02 58 51 59 08 03 04 0A 00 0A 00 00 00 10 00 04 02 0F 00 15 28 19 DB 00 00 03 CD 0B 11 08 05 01 00 00 04 10 02 A0 6B 59 08 28 04 0A 00 00 09 60 00 00 00 04 0A 02 A0 6B 59 08 28 04 5A 00 00 08 60 00 00 00 04 0A 02 A0 6B 59 08 28 04 32 00 00 0A 60 00 00 00 04 0A 02 A0 6B 59 08 28 04 14 00 00 09 60 00 00 00 04 0A 02 A0 6B 59 08 28 04 46 00 C0 07 60 00 00 00 04 0A 02 A0 6B 59 08 28 04 00 00 00 0B 60 00 00 00 04 0A 02 A0 6B 59 08 28 04 3C 00 00 0A 60 00 00 00 08 00 A5 27 0A 03 28 01 0C 0C 08 04 00 02 74 72 59 08 00 05 04 00 02 00 00 00 07 00 A0 5D 19 A5 00 3F 03 AD 51 0D 08 05 05 01 00 00 00 02 00 32 00 01 00 0E 5B 1F 2D 08 0E 5B 1F 2D 08 0E 5B 1F 2D 08 04 0C 02 74 72 59 08 00 05 04 00 02 00 07 00 00 00 A0 5D 05 0B 03 08 02 70 6B 59 08 82 07 00 00 1C 00 80 01 32 00 08 00 32 00 01 00 04 02 02 70 6B 59 08 82 07 00 00 20 00 F0 00 28 00 0B 00 D2 FF 01 00 04 02 02 70 6B 59 08 82 07 00 00 21 00 A0 01 28 00 04 00 2A 00 01 00 04 02 02 70 6B 59 08 82 07 00 00 1F 00 20 01 2D 00 06 00 D6 FF 01 00 04 02 02 70 6B 59 08 82 07 00 00 1C 00 C0 01 2D 00 0B 00 2E 00 01 00 04 02 02 70 6B 59 08 82 07 00 00 21 00 D0 01 32 00 0A 00 CE FF 01 00 04 02 0F 00 AC 27 00 97 27 11 F7 1F 2D 08 0F 20 2D 08 05 08
    both of these are fairly simple but they look alright so eh

I love you. I'm sure that Dizzy or KDS (or me, when I have the time) will look over your animations and add them to the project. Thank you! If you see any others you want to Chip Away at, go for it!

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
    Years
    Since people are starting to take a stab at animations I thought I would post a proper list of moves that need to be done. Any ones that have my name and the word reserved next to it, I have already made for Fire Red and am in the process of porting.

Move animations still to be completed:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Trainer 781

Since people are starting to take a stab at animations I thought I would post a proper list of moves that need to be done. Any ones that have my name and the word reserved next to it, I have already made for Fire Red and am in the process of porting.

Move animations still to be completed:
    Spoiler:

Dizzy, please attach this list in OP as well as link to Deok's animation post.

pokefreak890

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    I really need help with this I can't seem to edit my Pokémon from 440 to 999 in PGE for some reason and I need a lot of help because I don't know what I did wrong if anyone can help me that would be awesome

Years
    have you inserted new pokemon ?

This is a battle engine upgrade. Not a 721 patch. If you wish to expand pokemon, I made a script for this very purpose(see my signature).

I really need help with this I can't seem to edit my Pokémon from 440 to 999 in PGE for some reason and I need a lot of help because I don't know what I did wrong if anyone can help me that would be awesome

Alright, I'll help you. But first visit the IRC https://chat.linkandzelda.com:9090/?channels=rh. My nick's Dizzy there. Why? Because it'll take forever if we're just gonna send messages back and forth.

pokefreak890

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    hey Dizzy my phone turned off so i had to refresh the chat but i get an error 63 argument 'recordnumber' is not a valid value and this is only with the poke expansion installed

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
    Years
    I know that Mega Evolution with a Mega Stone and Primal Reversion are in this. But what about Mega Evolution with a move, is that in it, and if so, how do you activate it?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back