• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[EM] Battle Engine Upgrade (On Halt, Will undergo reboot!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trainer 781

Will you update this with the new S/M moves and abilities?

Yes. We'll start working on them when bulbapedia or serebii will add full data about them (even though I have the leaked info about the Gen 7 abilities and moves.)

Years
    A few more animations:
    Spoiler:

Trainer 781

Spoiler:

Nice! I'll see them before adding.

Does Ditto have its new ability in this?
    Yes! Literally, every ability till gen 6!

Years
    Looks like z moves introduced in s/m, but i think its not necessary since it make the game easier maybe...also its complicated to port into gba

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2023
    Thinking of using this engine, but have Double Battles been updated? The most crucial mechanics related change I believe is the fact that in gen III, whenever a Pokémon's been knocked out, the other player must imediately send out another replacing it, while gen V on, the player has to wait until the end of turn to pick a replacement. Is this change in?

Trainer 781

Thinking of using this engine, but have Double Battles been updated? The most crucial mechanics related change I believe is the fact that in gen III, whenever a Pokémon's been knocked out, the other player must imediately send out another replacing it, while gen V on, the player has to wait until the end of turn to pick a replacement. Is this change in?

We haven't done it yet.
    But yeah, this is a very important issue we have to look into. Because of this, final gambit is not functioning properly at all.

Trainer 781

1. The new fainting system has been successfully implemented by Dizzy.
    2. All abilities we believe are implemented till Gen 6.
    3. All move effects (except the Pledge ones which I will be handling) are complete till Gen 6.
    4. 98% of the (in-battle) items are implemented as well till Gen 6 (except the damage reduction berries, power item and some mentioned by BluRose.

So we would like people to verify the completion of Gen 6, if possible, and report if we missed something.

goranthegreat

Are you guys still gonna update the battle backgrounds as well sorry for sounding annoying.

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
    Years
    Here's the situation: I wanted to add forms/formes using the thread in the Research and Development thread, and the game using the engine crashes. So, I am just wondering: Will forms and formes like Rotom, Cosplay Pikachu, Deoxys, Burmy/Wormadam, Kyurem formes, Tornadus, Thundurus, Landorus, Hoopa, Shaymin, Giratina, and Arceus be done in this engine, along with instructions on how to make them change?

Last edited:

Trainer 781

Are you guys still gonna update the battle backgrounds as well sorry for sounding annoying.

I don't this is a direct battle related thing. Plus it is the choice of a hack maker to insert battle backgrounds or not.

Here's the situation: I wanted to add forms/formes using the thread in the Research and Development thread, and the game using the engine crashes. So, I am just wondering: Will forms and formes like Rotom, Cosplay Pikachu, Deoxys, Burmy/Wormadam, Kyurem formes, Tornadus, Thundurus, Landorus, Hoopa, Shaymin, Giratina, and Arceus be done in this engine, along with instructions on how to make them change?

Not in this engine. But the plan is to make it a separate project.

Years
    Will forms and formes like Rotom, Cosplay Pikachu, Deoxys, Burmy/Wormadam, Kyurem formes, Tornadus, Thundurus, Landorus, Hoopa, Shaymin, Giratina, and Arceus be done in this engine, along with instructions on how to make them change?

Not in this engine. But the plan is to make it a separate project.

We're going to include only Burmy from that list as its change is dependent on a battle.

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2016
    Have in-game trainers and the Battle Frontier trainers been edited to reflect these new movesets? And if not, is there any plan for that?

Years
    Little Update

I added Burmy forms, experience gain upon catching a pokemon and stat recalculation every battle. All are optional and can be edited in the config.h file.

I also included Power Items.(items that add 4 to EV upon fainting a poke). They use Macho Brace's effect byte and the byte in the 'extra' section that tells which stat to boost.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back