• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emblem Obsessed

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    I like emblems. They're nice lil bits of recognition~ I honestly wish they were a bigger deal, though. We have so many one-off emblems that it's really impossible to get probably even 40% of them, so it's like... why bother collecting lol. And we have too many participation emblems and not enough re-useable ones and so many emblems are for events rather than things people work toward and idk. The whole thing could be better. And everyone's attitude of "don't try for emblems" is weird- why wouldn't you try for achievements? Obviously don't befriend staff for ego emblems because that's rude, but like section emblems, go for it!

I'd just like emblems to be perceived as worth something. It'd be much more fun that way.

Years
    When they were first introduced on PC, I was obsessed with getting ones I felt I deserved and was sad when one of my alts. received ones before my main account did. Nowadays, if I get one, I just think it's a cool thing to have, but they aren't so important I'll be upset if I don't get one I think would fit me.

Ultraviolence

alt account for Eros
    Years
    • Age 28
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 3, 2019
    I've been here for just over 5 years and I have 3 emblems, so even if I wanted to earn them I'd feel like I would be bad at it anyway!

Years
    Do you befriend staff to try to get their ego emblems?

Not exactly, I befriended quite a lot of staff members yet I still only have 3 ego emblems collected (from Cordelia, Terabyte and Jellicent♀ in this case) so I guess it is proven that I can never earn an ego emblem that well.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Not exactly, I befriended quite a lot of staff members yet I still only have 3 ego emblems collected (from Cordelia, Terabyte and Jellicent♀ in this case) so I guess it is proven that I can never earn an ego emblem that well.

I was joking because if you seriously befriend staff hoping for their emblems then you're kind of a jerk. I assume the person the question was directed towards was responding in kind. Besides, some staff have higher standards for emblems than on and off chatting!

Yukari

I like emblems, but I'm far from obsessed with them. I mean; If I get an emblem that's cool, but I don't think I've ever actually tried to get one. Though... Come to think of it I did try to get the Level Up! emblem. Really just because it makes me feel better about myself...

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I don't care about emblems. Whenever I get one, I always ask someone to remove it.

Years
    I don't necessarily feel as if I need to collect them, but they're always nice to have, and I enjoy the notification I get when I receive one c: My opinion on them is basically neutral.

Back